ForumsThe TavernThis Thread is Currently about: Dogs

9738 4718319
Saving123
Saving123
1,258 posts
Nomad

Well I guess the title says it all, I was just wondering who ya'll thought were the most active 'forumers' in this part of the AG forum. Opinions, that what this Forum is going to be, pure opinions, and yes you can say 'Me'.

• 9,738 Replies
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Ah good, I'm not alone here.

People who haven't played the old classics have been missing out.

Any favorites you have? I'm not old enough to have lived in the times when these games were in the arcades themselves, so the ones I've played were part of compilations.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Has anyone here played those old Midway games?

Like Root Beer Tapper, you mean? Boy I sucked at that.
MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

Lots of them were good. I am lucky enough to have played many of them in the arcade. Spy Hunter was great, the Gauntlet series deprived me of countless quarters, everyone knows Mortal Kombat. Those are the top ones I can think of.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

I still haven't finished the Gauntlet, or the Gauntlet II for that matter :\\ That game is nuts.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

@Strop

Woah, brought up that game?

I played that on a compilation.. I don't think I finished the game.. Or did I?

I only remember playing the alien levels. Apparently, the game was changed from Tapper to Root Beer Tapper. Alcohol references.

Gauntlet is awesome. Four players at the same time is nuts. Bad thing was, I didn't have four controllers for the PS2 so I couldn't do much with that. Yes, I played the games years ago on the PS2. Played them to the extent that the disc wouldn't work at all anymore.

Everyone knows what Mortal Kombat is. Fatality!

Hah, Smash TV.

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

Gauntlet was fantastic in the arcade. I can't tell you how many hundreds of dollars my friends and I pumped into that game

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

I'm sure if I was there back then, I'd have fun too with my friends.

Co-op's always awesome.

I sucked at Spy Hunter.

sonicheroes95
sonicheroes95
13,701 posts
Peasant

If you look at me you would think that i only play modern games but retro games are just as good

just??? serious understatement.

retro games pratically pwn most modern game.
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

I think older games have these certain things which set them apart from the newer ones. Aside from the obvious ones.

sonicheroes95
sonicheroes95
13,701 posts
Peasant

lots and lots of "Nintendo hard" for one.

hell, super mario bros. got an online hack that just takes it to hell on earth.(not sure of which super mario game how ever)
(may include: falling to your doom "After" winning, invisible blocks to knock you down, power-ups that are either die if you touch them, or die if you don't touch them. hell, even the opening screen is "Trying" to kill you.)

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Anyone here ever played Paperboy?

I preferred to throw newspapers at people and their houses. Heheh.

WexMajor82
WexMajor82
1,026 posts
Nomad

Do you remember the first Half Life?
The marines were a serious threat.
Now, you can defeat the whole japanese army (CoD5) with only your knife...
The games are becoming easier and easier. =(

Wyrdash
Wyrdash
13 posts
Nomad

Remember super mario bros 3? that game was hard.

samdawghomie
samdawghomie
3,550 posts
Peasant

Remember super mario bros 3? that game was hard.

Hard? Naw. Not after you have beat it about 5000 times. Like I have. I know every secret about the game. At least I think. That's what I love about that game. So many hidden things that you would of never know were there unless you looked them up online.
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Too many Nintendo lovers. *retreats*

Eh, any other old games any one has played aside from the already mentioned ones?

Showing 1846-1860 of 9738