ForumsThe TavernThis Thread is Currently about: Dogs

9738 4712470
Saving123
Saving123
1,258 posts
Nomad

Well I guess the title says it all, I was just wondering who ya'll thought were the most active 'forumers' in this part of the AG forum. Opinions, that what this Forum is going to be, pure opinions, and yes you can say 'Me'.

• 9,738 Replies
Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

Truthfully Radioactive Exposure can't give you butt cancer at least I don't think but I know you can die from radioactive exposure.
Strop is a doctor. If he says it gives you butt cancer, don't you think you should trust him?

those were my favorite enemies, i just hated at high levels though they becaame weakish.
I know, right? The Internet is all like "I can one-shot crit a deathclaw from a quarter mile with the Lincoln Repeater." I don't WANT to one-shot deathclaws. I want to scream in terror as one jumps out from around a corner. Then I want to pump shotgun blasts uselessly into its impenetrable demon hide as I run backwards at top speed. And, sometimes, if I'm not ready enough, I want to be killed without hope of victory by one of these things. That would teach me to fear the deathclaw. Same goes for the youi-gui, really.

Also, I want to have to eat and drink. Seriously, why is there no survival element to a post-apocalyptic game?
aknerd
aknerd
1,416 posts
Peasant

Also, I want to have to eat and drink. Seriously, why is there no survival element to a post-apocalyptic game?

More time eating and pooping = less time decapitating zombies.

I can only assume most post-apocalyptic heroes are constipated and anorexic.

And I personally prefered to kill everything in Fallout with a sword, death claws included. Makes things a little more intense.
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

I always liked to use energy weapons . . . The A3-21 plasma rifle is prolly the best weapon in the game as a main weapon. Ihaz mah tesla cannin 4 emerjinsees

I *love* the Fallout series. 3, 2, and 1 were all awesome, and even Fallout Tactics wasn't bad.

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

I used to love Fallout 3 but then I read "The Road" McCarthy does a brilliant job of presenting the horrors of a true post apocalyptic world. I can never enjoy killing a death claw again with the realization that then worst enemy in a destroyed world would be you fellow man.

It's depressing

SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

' The Road' really was depressing... a bleak, forsaken gray land... really got my mind going about a post-apocalyptic world

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

From bears to Kirby to radioactivity eh?

Well since I don't have too much to say.. All I can say is.

Nuclear energy = good
Radioactivity = bad

Nuclear power is awesome, except for all the radioactivity.
Thus prevention of disasters is key.

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

Nuclear power is awesome, except for all the radioactivity.

Thus prevention of disasters is key.

How long did it take you to come up with that?

We are currently trying to create a star and then further expound on that technology to get nuclear power through fusion which is safer and produces more energy.
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

How long did it take you to come up with that?

Sarcasm heh.

If it is possible to achieve, fusion would be the answer to our problems I suppose.

People complaining about nuclear energy. NZ is a nuclear-free zone by the way.
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

I don't understand why people are so worried about them, the last huge disaster they had was Chernobyl in 1986, I don't recall any others. It's a much cleaner source of power, that provides an incredible amount of energy, I think the pros outweigh the cons here.

Nater
Nater
1,296 posts
Nomad

As long as you work getting out the cons. It would be perfect.

alexstargazer
alexstargazer
347 posts
Nomad

Plus, there are people who are willing to work at nuclear factories. So why deprive them of something they want to do? If we don't try making them better (because we think they are too dangerous and cannot get better) then they won't get better/safer.

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

Exactly, and at the same time we save our selves a ton of trouble with energy, however one of the biggest cons is that Nuclear power plants are a bitch to build, maintain, and even decommission.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

New Zealand. The only country to successfully implement the nuclear-free policy in law. There's no actual ban on having land-based plants but opposition to it is overwhelming and none of the political parties have it on their agendas.

I personally support nuclear energy as long as the proper rules and regulations are kept. It's the best solution we have right now. Clean, relatively safe, efficient and it provides jobs. More economically viable than solar, wind, etc. and cleaner than fossil fuels.

People are just worried about it because of hysteria. People are worried about the very bad things that could happen.

Yeah, nuclear power is a force to be reckoned with. Though if everything is done the way it should be done, accidents should be kept low.

Secretmapper
Secretmapper
1,747 posts
Nomad

Okay now you are on radioactive exposure?

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

I dunno. Ask Strop. I missed 20 pages of discussion while I was asleep and chatting with AG friends.

Showing 811-825 of 9738