ForumsThe TavernThis Thread is Currently about: Dogs

9738 4712569
Saving123
Saving123
1,258 posts
Nomad

Well I guess the title says it all, I was just wondering who ya'll thought were the most active 'forumers' in this part of the AG forum. Opinions, that what this Forum is going to be, pure opinions, and yes you can say 'Me'.

• 9,738 Replies
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

We're discussing what ever our randomness leads us too.

pHacon
pHacon
1,903 posts
Nomad

In my chemistry class, when we were discussing nuclear reactions our teacher showed us a diagram of a proposed fusion reactor.

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/fusion-reactor-3.jpg

Supposed to both contain the plasma and heat it enough to fuse through EM waves.

Radioactive exposure... Beetles can take more of the stuff than roaches! Roaches wouldn't be the only creatures alive in the wake of a nuclear holocaust, if they were alive, there would be more beetles.

How many rads would kill a human, though? Don't feel like looking back so many pages to see if this is addressed.

We're discussing what ever our randomness leads us too.

FT freakin W
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

Lol, I haven't taken chemistry yet, so most of that diagram is incomprehensible to me. We haven't actually talked about how much radiation it takes to kill a human right out. From what I know must nuclear related deaths, happen from diseases caused by the long term exposure to radiation.

[link=http://www.wisegeek.com/how-much-radiation-can-the-human-body-safely-receive.htm]Exact answer[/link]

However radiation is measured in rads and grays, 1 gray is equal to 100 rads. A few grays can kill humans. I also learned that humans are one one the species most susceptible to radiation.

pHacon
pHacon
1,903 posts
Nomad

Fixed. It's URL, not link.
I'll read that now.

Are you serious about that last statement? Wonder what reason there is for that if it's true.

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

I was, I think it has something to do with our tissues, as you know I'm sure cockroaches and beetles tissues differ radically from ours.

XVERB
XVERB
3,137 posts
Nomad

once i had a plate of old food on the table. a cockroach crawled on it so i placed it in the microwave for a few minutes. it ran and ran and ran but never died.

I'm sure cockroaches and beetles tissues differ radically from ours.

Really? i didn't know that captain obvious. (: lol
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

Did you know that there was a beginning to that sentence FAIL!

pHacon
pHacon
1,903 posts
Nomad

a cockroach crawled on it so i placed it in the microwave for a few minutes. it ran and ran and ran but never died.

Microwave radiation and alpha/beta/gamma/photon emmision/electron capture/all that stuff are incredibly different.

Microwaves just accelerate water molecules, not dislodge and ionize atoms.
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Microwave waves have low frequency, ultraviolet is much more dangerous.

escartian
escartian
780 posts
Nomad

Gah this is so confusing! (the topic changes all the time!)
By the way does anyone know how this thread keeps changing topic names (I mean how do you, if your the operator of the thread change the title)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_activity
This has some interesting things on radioactivity.

Saving123
Saving123
1,258 posts
Nomad

By the way does anyone know how this thread keeps changing topic names (I mean how do you, if your the operator of the thread change the title)

YOu have to be a mod, and the mod that keeps changing our title is Strop! Go Strop!
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

lawl You're rather new aren't you...

Only the mods can change thread titles, and the mod in question: Strop has been either A. Picking a topic or B. Changing the title everytime our focus shifts.

Saving123
Saving123
1,258 posts
Nomad

Hahaha Kyouzou, you just got Ninja'd Lawl.

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

lawl You're rather new aren't you...

Only the mods can change thread titles, and the mod in question: Strop has been either A. Picking a topic or B. Changing the title everytime our focus shifts.

Saving123
Saving123
1,258 posts
Nomad

Was that a glitchy double post? My life is complete lawl.

Showing 826-840 of 9738