ForumsThe TavernThis Thread is Currently about: Dogs

9738 4713155
Saving123
Saving123
1,258 posts
Nomad

Well I guess the title says it all, I was just wondering who ya'll thought were the most active 'forumers' in this part of the AG forum. Opinions, that what this Forum is going to be, pure opinions, and yes you can say 'Me'.

• 9,738 Replies
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Yes, of course I'm talking about that.

I love classic Hanna-Barbera, especially Tom and Jerry. Old Disney is good too, my favorite is Donald Duck. As for Warner Bros. that's just awesome.

Old cartoons had violence, racial jokes and such which are deemed to insensitive these days. Here is a specific scene with Donald Duck smoking, though with the audio changed. Wow, they'd never have such stuff these days. The short was made to show the negativity of smoking, but was banned anyway I guess. Though I did watch it on Disney Channel Asia a few years ago so, I dunno.

Examples of censored cartoons.

goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

I like a lot Disney's Silly Symphonies, I find them a amazing.
The Flowers and Trees one is beautiful.
The Old Mill is also great.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Ah, the Silly Symphonies would air on television. I love them.

Der Fuhrer's Face, 1943 WWII anti-Nazi propaganda Donald Duck short. Heh, it won an Academy War.

Heh.

escartian
escartian
780 posts
Nomad

I like how pixar takes innanimate objects and make them living
Cars
Toy Story
Pooh Bear (he is a stuffed animal) not sure if this is pixar though
Bug Life (giving intelligence to ants and other bugs)
and so on
My favorite kid movies from my childhood are The many adventures of Whinny the Pooh (based on book)
and Toy Story

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Winnie the Pooh isn't Pixar, it's much older than that.

Eh, anyone else in this thread? Gosh, I wish I could find more classic cartoon lovers here.

vinster132
vinster132
5,875 posts
Jester

Lol, I'm here.

Tom and Jerry was awesome, period.

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

Tom and Jerry = The best Saturday mornings of my life. (That may change)

For some reason there's nothing funnier than a mouse picking up a frying pan 5 times it's size and just beating a cat.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Tom and Jerry = The best Saturday mornings of my life. (That may change)

Heh, that may change.

Anyway, anyone have a favorite Tom and Jerry short?

Oh, and then there's the censorship for it too. Blackface gags, Mammy Two Shoes, yeah.

Eh, I like Road Runner. Though I really wanted to see Wile E. Coyote finally catch that annoying bird. Heh.
StepOnABaby
StepOnABaby
583 posts
Nomad

This thread is curently about: Tom and Jerry

I liked the episode where they're in space and controlling robots, I also like any episode where Tom wins.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Me too, even though they're somewhat ambiguous. For some reason, we (at least I) always love to root for the lovable villain always or most of the time, trumped by the protagonist. Examples are Tom and The Coyote.

Oh, and the space short is nice......

Tom.

bacobit
bacobit
1,671 posts
Nomad

I also like any episode where Tom wins.

Me too. It gives me a sense of Trumph for reality.
pHacon
pHacon
1,903 posts
Nomad

For some reason, we (at least I) always love to root for the lovable villain always or most of the time, trumped by the protagonist. Examples are Tom and The Coyote.

Coyote may be a bad guy, but Tom is just doing what he's told... Jerry is the one who murders him, when he could simply just get out and save everyone the trouble...

The things Coyote was always coming up with were amusing as hell.
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Tom not only has to follow orders, but the mouse annoys him to the extreme. He really is the "bad guy", though he is pitiable.

Oh, and the Coyote's ignominious failures are always hilarious. ACME!

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

You'd think they would have run out of anvils by now lol, I was in my friends car and Wile E. Coyote happened to be playing and the second he got flattened by an anvil, we drove past some corporate building that had huge sign saying ACME right over the front door. I was hilarious, 'coz his little brother goes "Is that where the metal thing came from?"

CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

I love how it can get him anything he can possibly want and yet most of the time it is just an anvil. I liked when he painted over a cliff face but the roadrunner went right through it. lol.

Showing 1006-1020 of 9738