ForumsThe TavernThis Thread is Currently about: Dogs

9738 4714001
Saving123
Saving123
1,258 posts
Nomad

Well I guess the title says it all, I was just wondering who ya'll thought were the most active 'forumers' in this part of the AG forum. Opinions, that what this Forum is going to be, pure opinions, and yes you can say 'Me'.

• 9,738 Replies
CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

I think that rickroll is an internettism. I think there was a whole thread on it in the pop. medial section.

pHacon
pHacon
1,903 posts
Nomad

Bah... I missed too much here while I was sleeping. From the only Romanian I can actually translate to SMS...

About SMS, I wish people would just type entire words while talking. It probably only adds about five or ten seconds onto the length of a normal post.

The only exception I really approve of would be using widely used or easily understandable acronyms... Like 'SMS'.

valkery
valkery
1,255 posts
Nomad

Do you guys think that this thread will get to be bigger than ZSC?

Oh and I appologize for going off topic....

aknerd
aknerd
1,416 posts
Peasant

I consider "LOL" and "rofl" and "lmfao" to be the laugh track of the internet, especially when people use them in reference to their own posts.

You know, like how on Sitcoms instead of actually making jokes, they just insert canned laughter after everything, whether it is funny or not? That's what people do with those acronyms. Instead of actually writing something entertaining, people just sprinkle a few Lol's throughout their posts.

If the post is not funny, don't try to force the humor with acronyms. If the post is obviously funny, then what's the point of adding anything to it? It's kind of redundant, no?

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

I think that rickroll is an internettism.

It's called a meme and it's been stated on this thread already. Way to keep up with the thread

About SMS, I wish people would just type entire words while talking. It probably only adds about five or ten seconds onto the length of a normal post.

I couldn't agree with you more. When we have a full keyboard and automatic spell checker I see no reason to exhibit such laziness.

The only exception I really approve of would be using widely used or easily understandable acronyms.

Even some of the most widely used ones are not universally known so you will eventually run into someone that doesn't know what you are saying and then someone has to take the time to explain it. Easier to just type full words and save everyone the hassle of having to educate people.

If the post is not funny, don't try to force the humor with acronyms. If the post is obviously funny, then what's the point of adding anything to it? It's kind of redundant, no?

Thank you. I thought I was the only person that held that opinion.
pHacon
pHacon
1,903 posts
Nomad

ZSC

AAAAAAHHHHHHHH another acronym!! *head explodes*

Oh and I appologize for going off topic....

There's a topic? Really?

What do we do here?
Talk on whatever comes up.
Thread jacking, woo hoo.

Oh crap... Huh. That came out of me too easily.

You know, like how on Sitcoms instead of actually making jokes, they just insert canned laughter after everything, whether it is funny or not?

Some of the newer ones don't have laugh tracks. They sound relatively empty, but a sometimes awkward silence seems to get the luls rolling well.

If the post is obviously funny, then what's the point of adding anything to it? It's kind of redundant, no?

If done right, it can prolong the laughter. If done wrong, it provides a new source of laughter, usually aimed at the malefactor.
Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

Thread= tl;dr

amirite?

idgaf

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Thank you. I thought I was the only person that held that opinion.

You aren't, I've seen many people who share the same thoughts.

Eh, I have to agree that if such expressions are overused, they get pretty tiring. These days when you say "lol" you aren't really laughing out loud, most of the time. Some people aren't even laughing and they say "lol"

@Zega

Zega=tl;dr

amirite?
Graham
Graham
8,051 posts
Nomad

There is absolutely no definition for internettisms on the internets.

@Knight

Knight+Thread=tl;dr

amirite?

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

@ Graham

About Internetisms

Internetisms is abreviating words like laugh out loud and be right back. Internetisms can be shorting of words like cuz, b4, lik, and etc. This is mainly used in IM programs to save time instead typing the whole word in a IM message.

[i]From: http://www.fact-archive.com/encyclopedia

Perhaps you were using the wrong Google search?
aknerd
aknerd
1,416 posts
Peasant

amirite?

I wouldn't know. Your post was too long, so I didn't read it. Therefore I have no idea what you are trying to be "right" about.
escartian
escartian
780 posts
Nomad

tl;dr and amirite?
what do those mean?

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

tl;dr = too long;did not read

amirite = am i right?

by the way, they are both internetisms

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Knight+Thread=tl;dr

amirite?

Graham+Zega =tl;dr

Thread = win

Sorry, Ga.. I mean Graham.
escartian
escartian
780 posts
Nomad

Wow this is the first time this thread passed to the second page of the tavern...

Showing 1171-1185 of 9738