ForumsThe TavernThis Thread is Currently about: Dogs

9738 4713993
Saving123
Saving123
1,258 posts
Nomad

Well I guess the title says it all, I was just wondering who ya'll thought were the most active 'forumers' in this part of the AG forum. Opinions, that what this Forum is going to be, pure opinions, and yes you can say 'Me'.

• 9,738 Replies
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Erm, Dragostea din tei is sung in Romanian by a Moldovan pop group, O-zZone.

And the guy who does Numa Numa is Gary Brolsma.

KFK
KFK
1,051 posts
Nomad

I know. But the song Numa Numa uses is Dragoesta Din Tei.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

I said that didn't I? Ah, I just assumed that.

Though is that guy really French?

On another note, I meant O-Zone not O-zZone.

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,386 posts
Shepherd

Wow. I left back on page 50 something.
I used to be addicted to the Numa Numa song lol. Love it.

KFK
KFK
1,051 posts
Nomad

I think he's French, I saw on the news one day, they said something about Numa Numa, and I think they said he's French.
Though his name doesn't sound French.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Hmm?

The Numa Numa Guy, Gray Brolsma is American.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d67/ranman311/GaryBrolsmaNewNuma.jpg

Or are you talking about someone else?

KFK
KFK
1,051 posts
Nomad

Then the news cast are lying! Or I just heard wrong. O.o
Yeah, American.

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

Of course. Leave it to an American...

On the topic of internettisms though, what about all the infuriating acronyms for everything? Seriously, it baffles me. We have a full keyboard in front of us and access to every resource in the world regarding proper grammar, spelling, and sentence structure and the fad is to reduce everything to acronyms... highly infuriating.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

You aren't alone bud, I can definitely say that.

I don't like SMS language to be honest. It is like a corruption of our language. Though I do not expect it to threaten the ways of proper grammar.

wajor59
wajor59
909 posts
Nomad

I thought that the acronymic language was started by teens chatting to each other in ways to baffle their parents?
What I find hilarious is that 30 somethings and older type that way too. I don't mind people who are young at heart but there comes a time when we need to face the mirror honestly and just act our age. I might include add occassional rofl or lol or 0_0, o_o, O_o but I prefer to type the way I would normally speak.
BTW, what's SMS?

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Text, texting that kind of stuff. While originally "texting" was derived from the sending of messages through SMS, it now also refers to messages with images and sound, erm MMS's.

CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

Lol I only use SMS when Im typing honestly. Texting I like to be punctual. rofl

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

there comes a time when we need to face the mirror honestly and just act our age.

This is true. However I firmly believe that you are only as old as you feel. What people don't realize is that there is a big difference between being child like (young at heart, etc.) and being childish. Sometimes I think people have more of a tendency for the latter, and that's typically not a good thing.

And actually much the acronym type speak began with morse code and ham radio, although many of the most common ones started with the internet on bulletin board and forum type rooms. From there they were spread rapidly with chatting and then with the introduction of the text feature on mobile phones.

SMS = Short Message Service
KFK
KFK
1,051 posts
Nomad

Slang in a SMS, I think it's useful cause it shortens the text, and it just makes it faster too type to each other. But too take that slang too the Internet and forums like this one, it's then it gets out of hand.

Here in Sweden, there are actually some SMS slang words added too the language and the SAOB (Swedish Academy Dictionary).

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

And actually much the acronym type speak began with morse code and ham radio, although many of the most common ones started with the internet on bulletin board and forum type rooms. From there they were spread rapidly with chatting and then with the introduction of the text feature on mobile phones.

I just read something about that. Telegraphers, codes, etc. The advent of the Internet and SMS'ing really did spread all this lingo we have here.
Showing 1156-1170 of 9738