ForumsThe TavernThis Thread is Currently about: Dogs

9738 4721289
Saving123
Saving123
1,258 posts
Nomad

Well I guess the title says it all, I was just wondering who ya'll thought were the most active 'forumers' in this part of the AG forum. Opinions, that what this Forum is going to be, pure opinions, and yes you can say 'Me'.

• 9,738 Replies
CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

Ah Halloween the holiday that gets me candy till next Halloween. Happy Halloween AG.

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

exclusive story on salvation, eternal life, forgiveness, and communique with the divine.

Buddhism? Hinduism?

Maybe it's just me but these have always felt more like philosophies than religions to me.
MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

For once, just once, I wish mr walker would just say: yay presents.

Actually the presents are based on a Roman pagan tradition of essentially bribing the Emperor, during the Saturnalia, in order to gain forgiveness of their crimes. This eventually became a popular custom among the populace. Again, a pagan tradition with it's roots in bribery and corruption, not Christianity. (although they love to claim it as their idea)

Ah Halloween the holiday that gets me candy till next Halloween. Happy Halloween AG.

Eh, I really don't eat candy, but my kids love it so I take them out trick-or-treating.

Buddhism? Hinduism?

Buddhism doesn't claim exclusivity, and it is also an atheistic religion, as the Buddha is not a deity. And if Hinduism seems more like a philosophy then you should read more about it.
Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

I wish Mr Walker would stop turning everything into WEPR topic, or a condescending lecture. Even you know what your doing.

CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

Eh, I really don't eat candy, but my kids love it so I take them out trick-or-treating

Dont eat candy? *gasp* Candy is what gets me going in the morning.
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

Hinduism seems more like a philosophy then you should read more about it.

My original religion was Hinduism, which is why I say this. I'm not going to say that there aren't any overtly religious tones. But in Hinduism everything is part of a whole, the gods are simply physical representations of this one thing. Hence the philosophical aspects of it.
MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

I wish Mr Walker would stop turning everything into WEPR topic, or a condescending lecture. Even you know what your doing.

Ah, yes, well pardon me for pointing out the common misconceptions and preferring knowledge over incorrect assumptions. If you don't like it, don't read my posts.

Dont eat candy? *gasp* Candy is what gets me going in the morning.

I really don't have much of a sweet tooth. I drink quite a bit of soda and eat a lot of fruits but candy really hasn't been something I eat since I was a kid.

My original religion was Hinduism, which is why I say this. I'm not going to say that there aren't any overtly religious tones. But in Hinduism everything is part of a whole, the gods are simply physical representations of this one thing. Hence the philosophical aspects of it.

I get you, and I do think that there are many philosophical points there, however the same could be said about any religion. They all make many philosophical statements outside of overt religious dogma.
Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

Ah, yes, well pardon me for pointing out the common misconceptions and preferring knowledge over incorrect assumptions. If you don't like it, don't read my posts.

I adore reading your posts. I'm exhausted tired and that sometimes makes me irritable, sorry.
MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

I adore reading your posts. I'm exhausted tired and that sometimes makes me irritable, sorry.

That I can relate to No worries, I'm also quite tired, worked 17 hours straight yesterday, got 4 hours of sleep, then the kids woke me up early.
Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

moral of the story:?
joke
i'm guessing your kids are pretty young.

KFK
KFK
1,051 posts
Nomad

Ah, Halloween....

Sweden is not at all like America, you don't see kids all over the place with masks and so, we don't even got candy at home that we can give out.

Only like 10% of the kids in a neighborhood go on a trick-or-treat hype.

I see many people complaining over how Halloween is a time of the year for grieving the dead and visiting graveyards. Then the American holiday came to Europe, and I kinda agree with them. But you can always do both. Heh.

Is it just me or were the Christians very intolerant of everybody else?

Whuut? I myself am not intolerant of everybody else.
Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

Whuut? I myself am not intolerant of everybody else.

I think it was meant at general history.
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

worked 17 hours straight yesterday,

O.o What do you do?

Also, you're posts are quite fun to read. For the most part
MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

O.o What do you do?

Currently I manage a concessions company for a former colleague of mine. We set up at various events around the state such as art shows, auctions, and concerts.
xKimchix
xKimchix
323 posts
Nomad

I really don't have much of a sweet tooth. I drink quite a bit of soda and eat a lot of fruits but candy really hasn't been something I eat since I was a kid.

Not big fan of candy either. But I will do anything to get my hands on marshmallows when craving for some.
Showing 3466-3480 of 9738