The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernThis Thread is Currently about: Dogs

9738 4725650
Saving123
Saving123
1,258 posts
Nomad

Well I guess the title says it all, I was just wondering who ya'll thought were the most active 'forumers' in this part of the AG forum. Opinions, that what this Forum is going to be, pure opinions, and yes you can say 'Me'.

• 9,738 Replies
jkmadman1
jkmadman1
1,066 posts
Nomad

Where I live there are 4 campuses. When you get to junior high there are two schools that arent near each other and 2 campuses combine with another. We all then meet in one high school campus.

My school systen is:

1st, 2nd, 3rd in one school.
4th, 5th and 6th in a school next to the first. Same Campus

7th 8th is junior high. New campus

9th 10th 11th 12th high school. new campus

gaboloth
gaboloth
1,612 posts
Peasant

In Italy school system is: (names are translated literally)
1-2-3-4-5 Elementary school
6-7-8 medium school
9-10-11-12-13 superior school
Actually everyone can leave after year 10 but most people goes on.

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

Yeah I know that sometimes 9th grade is high school or sometimes it's middle school. Middle School used to be called Junior High School.

Actually everyone can leave after year 10 but most people goes on.

If you leave after year 10 can you still go to University?

superior school

That sounds cool!
gaboloth
gaboloth
1,612 posts
Peasant

@Reton no you need to pass an exam in year 13 (it's called maturity) to go to university but I think you can pass it just by doing the exam and not frequenting school if you want to go to university later.

CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

Biscuits and the change to? Now Im lost.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

In New Zealand, you're free to leave school once you're sixteen. You have to gain necessary prerequisites for university though, which obviously won't be gained by dropping out.

What is that even supposed to mean?

"Shrimp on the barbie" was an advertising campaign for Australian tourism aimed at Americans.

So where the bloody hell are you Reton?
jkmadman1
jkmadman1
1,066 posts
Nomad

"Shrimp on the barbie" was an advertising campaign for Australian tourism aimed at Americans.

I thought that was the slogan for outback steak house or something. If im wrong im not surprised.
waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

I also think that the "Outback steakhouse" restaurants have used that as well.

As for the school districts, the ones around me are different. My school has elementary at K-6, 7 & 8 for middle, and 9-12 for high. Meanwhile, another district near me has K-3 in elementary 4-6 in intermediate, 7 & 8 in middle, and 9-12 in high. I don't get why there are differences. Maybe it depends on how well the district is attended.
Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

I thought that was the slogan for outback steak house or something. If im wrong im not surprised.

Why does everyone else think that Australia is outback? It's called "out back" for a reason.
waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

That's what the restaurant is called. I don't have any clue why we would have no space in between out and back other than the spelling in the restaurant name.

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

Why does everyone else think that Australia is outback? It's called "out back" for a reason.

Only people who don't know anything about Australia think it's 'outback'. The colloquial term 'out back', which refers to the uninhabited areas of Australia, was used in an advertising campaign in America (and possibly other nations) in the '80s and, to a lesser degree, the '90s. It was also used to name a now popular steakhouse restaurant chain, Outback Steakhouse. (bloomin' onions FTW!)
Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

"Outback Steakhouse is a United States-based casual dining restaurant chain based in Tampa, Florida with over 900 locations in 22 countries throughout North and South America, Europe, Asia, and Australia."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outback_Steakhouse

Interesting, there are now Outback Steakhouses in Australia, but the chain originates in America.

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

I'll just ruin the irony there by pointing it out.

"Look irony!!!"

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

That's hilarious. They have Outback in the out back. Yo dawg, I herd you liek Outback...

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

I just came back from eating Korean food out in town. Now I feel like eating at an Outback Steakhouse. D:

Showing 4561-4575 of 9738