The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernThis Thread is Currently about: Dogs

9738 4725666
Saving123
Saving123
1,258 posts
Nomad

Well I guess the title says it all, I was just wondering who ya'll thought were the most active 'forumers' in this part of the AG forum. Opinions, that what this Forum is going to be, pure opinions, and yes you can say 'Me'.

• 9,738 Replies
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Isn't the eighth grade a high school grade?

No. Eighth grade is typically the final year before high school education commences.

Strop uses prawn. All the Australians I've heard use prawn. We here use prawn.
thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

@Efan:Eighth grade would be junior high or middle school.

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

That's when low high school began for me :/

Strop uses prawn. All the Australians I've heard use prawn. We here use prawn.

I use prawn too, it was just a molstake.
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Mole steak? Ooooohhhhh... *smells the barbie*

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

6.02214179 x 10 ^23 steak? One mole The equivalent of 6.02214179 x 10 ^23 molecules. It smells pretty delicious!

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

If you feel like moving up on The List, continue.

Oh, there's a list? Do tell.

Also, depending on the location of the school, 8th grade can be either a middle, intermediate, or high school class.

So it could one of of these three:

Middle: 6th, 7th, 8th
Intermediate: 8th, 9th
High: 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th 12th
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

In Australia Primary = Kinder (in most states), 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th Grades
High School = 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th Grades.

Although we tend to say "Year 2" rather than "2nd grade" or "Grade 2".

I always thought shrimp and prawns were different. What are yabbies @_@

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Oh, there's a list? Do tell.

I have multiple lists all coded by colour.

Shrimp and prawns are different, despite being used interchangeably. The info I'm looking up suggests that the differences are negligible to the average consumer. We're all eating crustaceans!
Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

We're all eating crustaceans!

Yay! Crustaceans sure do task good!

"Crustaceans sub-order Dendrobranchiata.
The term &quotrawn" is also used in various contexts for other animals, especially caridean shrimp."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prawn

This stuff is really interesting. Btw I don't think I every had a barbecued prawn (shrimp) before. I've had them cooked and with BBQ sauce, but never actually barbecued. I bet it tastes pretty good, though!
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

I read the Wiki article on it. I always have my precautions when it comes to that site though. I've seen some glaring articles in unattended articles more than once.

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

I've seen some glaring articles in unattended articles more than once.

Yeah, it's not allowed for school as a source. But, I found it useful for non-school related info or just to get an understanding of something or for trivia.
You can use it as a spring board to by looking at the references at the bottom of the page, and if those references come from an accredited source(s) then that might be helpful.
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

I don't agree with completely alienating it as a source. Wiki is much like a mixed bag, due to its inherent nature. There are a number of great articles, a sea of meddling ones and some downright horrible piecs of rubbish.

Yep, always check the sources of your source. When it comes to school work, I usually use a wide range of sources (including Wiki) to put together the information. However, I do so with prudence.

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

This stuff is really interesting. Btw I don't think I every had a barbecued prawn (shrimp) before. I've had them cooked and with BBQ sauce, but never actually barbecued. I bet it tastes pretty good, though!

It seems media history campaigns are lost these days...
Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

It seems media history campaigns are lost these days...

What is that even supposed to mean?
Matrix159
Matrix159
337 posts
Nomad

Isn't the eighth grade a high school grade?

Actually it depends on what school you go to. Some schools have different grades in the different types of the schools like (highschool, middle school) and all of those.
Showing 4546-4560 of 9738