ForumsThe TavernThis Thread is Currently about: Dogs

9738 4721947
Saving123
Saving123
1,258 posts
Nomad

Well I guess the title says it all, I was just wondering who ya'll thought were the most active 'forumers' in this part of the AG forum. Opinions, that what this Forum is going to be, pure opinions, and yes you can say 'Me'.

• 9,738 Replies
gaboloth
gaboloth
1,612 posts
Peasant

I'm feeling lucky is absolutely useless if you have google instant on.

Kylelolcat
Kylelolcat
4,813 posts
Nomad

[quote=gaboloth]I'm feeling lucky is absolutely useless if you have google instant on.[/quote]

Elaborate please?

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

To quote Wikipedia:

Google's homepage includes a button labelled "I'm Feeling Lucky". When a user clicks on the button the user will be taken directly to the first search result, bypassing the search engine results page. The thought is that if a user is "feeling lucky", the search engine will return the perfect match the first time without having to page through the search results. According to a study by Tom Chavez of "Rapt", this feature costs Google $110 million a year as 1% of all searches use this feature and bypass all advertising.[19]
gaboloth
gaboloth
1,612 posts
Peasant

Yes, that. And if you have google instant on, the link to the website will appear immediately when you type your thing, so it's faster to click on it rather than using I'm feeling lucky.
But, I've never thought about the advertisement thing. Maybe they made google instant just to earn more money! :O

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

I'm feeling lucky is absolutely useless if you have google instant on.

Not to be sarcastic or anything, but that's why you have the option to turn instant off.
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Google Instant annoys me. I always keep it off.

jabello11
jabello11
721 posts
Nomad

I am going to ask an offtopic question. May I ask were savings123 went? Sorry, I haven't been on armorgames in like 4 months.

CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

I think hes gone. I tried to find his account but nothing showed up.

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

Google Instant annoys me. I always keep it off.

Me too. The page changes almost every character you type. Instant seems to mess up the keyboard short cuts (ctrl + c, copy and ctrl + v, paste, and etc.). Instant also makes it difficult to highlight certain areas of the page.

I'm feeling lucky or I'm feeling like getting spyware. How can you trust that the first result that shows up for your search will be a malware free site?
IcyIndia
IcyIndia
1,344 posts
Nomad

May I ask were savings123 went?

Saving was banned. Not entirely sure why, though. But he was banned.
Kylelolcat
Kylelolcat
4,813 posts
Nomad

And now for something, completely different...

I was in Krogers, and I saw a kind of ham in the deli. Private Selection Bat Ham. Any clues as to what it is? It'd be surprising if it was really ham from bats.

Or ham produced by Bruce Wayne.

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

Baqt ham. Hmm. Try googling it! I'm sure there wont be many results to hunt through.

I like dry ham. Why does nobody else?

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

Are you sure that it said Bat ham? I found absolutely nothing on google about it.

I like dry ham. Why does nobody else?

Nobody else likes it because most prefer their meat to have some juices. It adds flavor. Although, being a ham fan myself, I'd probably like dry ham. I prefer honey ham and peppered ham at this point.
Kylelolcat
Kylelolcat
4,813 posts
Nomad

The package may have been BRT ham, but the way the package is printed B-A-T looks teh same as B-R-T.

But still, what's BRT ham then?

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

I just checked. BRT means Boneless, rolled, and tied. I guess its just for easier carrying/shipping.

Showing 5731-5745 of 9738