ForumsThe TavernThis Thread is Currently about: Dogs

9738 4718952
Saving123
Saving123
1,258 posts
Nomad

Well I guess the title says it all, I was just wondering who ya'll thought were the most active 'forumers' in this part of the AG forum. Opinions, that what this Forum is going to be, pure opinions, and yes you can say 'Me'.

• 9,738 Replies
idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,261 posts
Nomad

Sorry about the Asian thing. It's just that usually if I specify my family's nationality, I get teased about various things. So I just say Asian.

Come on, we won't tell anyone!

I'm Filipino, as I said before.

So there ya go. :P
d_dude
d_dude
3,523 posts
Peasant

(for like an hour, lol).

I don't count those. Like for example I don't count Greece (where I was super thirsty at the waiting place and there were no shops to use a visa at to get a drink, and only a soda machine. Lucky for me I found some cash on the floor to get a coke.

I've been in these countries:

Israel, Canada, USA, Mexico (all of North America FTW), Italy, France, Ukraine, Germany, Dominican Republic, whatever the Bahamas are supposed to be...I was in Nassau if that helps
Legion1350
Legion1350
5,365 posts
Nomad

I just realized how isolated I really am. I'm starting to get depressed, lol.

idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,261 posts
Nomad

Oh yeah? Well, I've been to:

Canada, Mexico, Lots of US states, and most importantly, the Philippines.

Well, actually that's not too impressive compared to others.

TackyCrazyTNT
TackyCrazyTNT
1,936 posts
Peasant

It's just because my family travels a lot because of business trips and I tag along.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

My full AG Canadian list:

fst6
LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
firetail_madness
singid25
Klaushouse
brenda_1997
greg_greg
brooke_1997
kacboy
bretttrumpour
ialwayswin
Owen135731
Lynoth
komputerkurt
Blu3sBr0s
loloynage2
wolf1991
shayneii
FallenSky
loloynage2

Really? Well, I guess the correct term for Filipinos is "Pacific Islander" and not "Asian" even though I'm very much considered Asian at my school.

No. If that was the case, you'd have to call Indonesians the same too. Though they all have shared (Austronesian) origins, Micronesians, Melanesians and Polynesians, what we call Pacific Islanders, are obviously distinct from people in the SE Asia region, which would include Filipinos. I don't agree with generalizing the term "Asian" because there is an obvious distinction between people from India, as opposed to Japanese and say Malaysians. Though it's the way things go these days, so I don't mind too much.

It's just that usually if I specify my family's nationality, I get teased about various things. So I just say Asian.

Meh. I don't let my nationality get the better of me. Then again, I don't look too much of one ethnic group.

and most importantly, the Philippines.

Where? I used to live in Negros Occidental (the Spaniards weren't original with naming).
d_dude
d_dude
3,523 posts
Peasant

I have family in Germany and Israel, Ukraine is my parents' home country, the rest is vacations I guess.

d_dude
d_dude
3,523 posts
Peasant

My full AG Canadian list:

Sorry for possible double post but I don't see me on that list...
Legion1350
Legion1350
5,365 posts
Nomad

@knight_34 You forgot Jetcord and AvengedSevenfold11.

@d_dude Nice, Germany could be my second favorite country. They have the autobahn and over 300 kinds of cheese!

idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,261 posts
Nomad

No. If that was the case, you'd have to call Indonesians the same too. Though they all have shared (Austronesian) origins, Micronesians, Melanesians and Polynesians, what we call Pacific Islanders, are obviously distinct from people in the SE Asia region, which would include Filipinos. I don't agree with generalizing the term "Asian" because there is an obvious distinction between people from India, as opposed to Japanese and say Malaysians. Though it's the way things go these days, so I don't mind too much.

So which one should Filipinos be called?

Sorry if I have a lack of comprehension.
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Sorry for possible double post but I don't see me on that list...

You only told me half an hour ago. Though you aren't a drifter, so you'll be put on the list. That was a double post.

You forgot Jetcord and AvengedSevenfold11.

They're relatively insignificant at the moment. I was compiling a list of notable AG users. If I included every person I saw from Canada, there'd be over fifty names.
Legion1350
Legion1350
5,365 posts
Nomad

They're relatively insignificant at the moment. I was compiling a list of notable AG users. If I included every person I saw from Canada, there'd be over fifty names.

Ah, ok. Got it.

This talk about nationalities and what they should be called has me completely lost.
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

So which one should Filipinos be called?

Asians. I forgot to state that I have a problem with perceptions, and how they are applied in the terms used. I call Indians Asians. My problem (which I don't fuss too much over) is that people generalize Asians as only being Southeast and East Asians.
d_dude
d_dude
3,523 posts
Peasant

This thread has basically gotten me back on relative activity on this site. It's also helping me on my quest for awesomeness.

idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,261 posts
Nomad

Okay, Knight. I can live with that. Because there's been some recent confusion over which one I should be called.

quest for awesomeness.

What is the quest of awesomeness you speak of?

O_o
Showing 6676-6690 of 9738