ForumsWEPRA intresting fact....

22 6526
Navnlose
Navnlose
109 posts
Nomad

Hi everyone, hi cristians, i am not one, but i am about to recive alot of critisim, now i've never read the bible nor do i entend too, but another cristian told me the following

- It says nothing in the bible about eating meat, and nothing about god giving us animals to eat, but what it dose say is that the lord gave us every seed baring plant and herb to eat

sooo what do you think of that?..

Could someone confirm it?

And if you dont belive it could you give me proof (line number ect.) that god did say we could eat meat...

• 22 Replies
Sting
Sting
266 posts
Peasant

Literally 'eating' Jesus is not Biblical, there is a deeper meaning to Communion. Communion is a way to purify ones self, and to ask God's forgiveness for the sins one commits, not some cannibalistic ritual.

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

This is what constantly happens to biblical verses. Who gets to say that this particular verse is just a metaphor while this verse we should take seriously?
If god divinely inspired the thing, I think Christians should give the old man a little more credit in saying what he meant. But suddenly people realize that stories like that in Genesis don't make any sense at all so suddenly it's metaphorical.
For tons and tons of Christians, taking Communion is just that - a cannibalistic ritual. You are eating the flesh of a corporeal god. I agree that it's also seen as a way to absolve sin, which is also included in the ritual as described in the bible.
But it's interesting how people continue to make excuses for the bible, as if god messed up or something.

Megamickel
Megamickel
902 posts
Peasant

Ah, but God didn't mess up. He wanted people to realize that you can't simply read the Bible and expect it to answer every one of your questions or tell you everything about the world. Rather He wanted us to use it as a guide to living life - as I've said before, it's simply His instruction manual.

drainslug
drainslug
48 posts
Nomad

lovely humans, i have read some of the bible but am not a christian in most sences but am pacivly christian and the only reason i think people shouldn't eat meat is when they are being hipocrits, like alot of people wouldn't kill an animal and think its wrong but are quite happy to munch away on some bacon, i am happy to and have killed and eaten animals, i didnt enjoy killing the animal but i had to, i was hungry.

g_dawg
g_dawg
20 posts
Nomad

the bible doesn't have any contradictions, people who say it does either take someone's word for it or can't read correctly.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

I do believe there are, I could provide some examples if you want. There are a number of things that in the Bible it will say one thing, then later completely say the opposite. Not to mention all of the disciples' accounts of Jesus are all different. How do you know what the truth is?

Armed_Blade
Armed_Blade
1,492 posts
Shepherd

Yeah, thats what Id' like to know. Theres no real fine line of how your supposed to use this "Instruction Manual" to life if there are so many extra "Instruction packets" that seem to be saying different things.

Kinda like.. if your wanting to buy a vacuum, there all vaccuums, but they're instruction and put-together manuals are different.

Showing 16-22 of 22