ForumsGamesMicrosoft, Sony, or Nintendo?

243 38367
snipershot325
snipershot325
844 posts
Nomad

Well I'd say Sony,because they only made 3 playstations,and 2 types of PSP overtime.As for nintendo there just pulling money out of your pocket:

Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS lite
Nintendo DSi
Nintendo Dsi XL
Nintendo 3DS
the newest edition being released in 2011

And microsoft is just plain cheap!Cmon, xbox360's only last about a year, then the chip in it "melts" and you have to get the chip replaced.

Anyways what do you think?

• 243 Replies
FallenSky
FallenSky
1,815 posts
Peasant

I'm with Sony since the Ps1. They've made games that lightened up my youth, and I owe them plenty of fun.

Microsoft is better than Sony and Nintendo. I could start a huge flame war over xbox and PS3 but there is another thread for that. The main reason that sony is awful is the Spyware that is on a lot of their computers, Its really annoying so please just don't do it

Don't say a company is better, say you prefer it, please...

mdv96
mdv96
1,017 posts
Nomad

Don't say a company is better, say you prefer it, please...

Ok, I prefer Microsoft because Sony has Spyware. Happy now?

My list is as follow: 1. Microsoft
2. Sony
3. Nintendo
TuxedoPenguin
TuxedoPenguin
233 posts
Nomad

My list is as follow: 1. Microsoft
2. Sony
3. Nintendo

i agree i prefer microsoft because..... i don't know i just do i guess
PurEvil
PurEvil
409 posts
Nomad

My favourite is Nintendo, then Microsoft and then Sony. I just love Nintendo for all they have done and will do in the future. They are the pioneers in videogaming and always come up with new stuff. Nintendo invents something, Microsoft and Sony follow suite (Kinect and all that other new stuff especially) and I personally think that Nintendo has more good games thatn the other companies. You just gotta love them for Mario, Pokemon, Metroid Prime etc...Microsoft is second because I think the XBOX is pretty decent, especially the online gaming is very nice and Windows is the better computer system

Knives92
Knives92
232 posts
Nomad

I assume we're talking about the gaming part of these companies only? That kind of just makes it an overall console war then doesn't it. I'd have to say Sony then. Just as FallenSky said, I've been a PS gamer since I was a kid. To me, they've always had the best consoles.

Btw, I would just like to put it out there that the Wii is for children and people who don't actually like gaming(AKA non-"hardcore" gamers). And anyone who says differently is in denial.

redx161
redx161
589 posts
Peasant

microsoft all the way

GreatestSoloEver
GreatestSoloEver
1,361 posts
Nomad

Sony has actually make game systems...
Nintendo has actually made game systems...
Microsoft makes pieces of crap that rarely work correctly.

That leaves Sony vs Nintendo...You decide.

snipershot325
snipershot325
844 posts
Nomad

Hahahaha,I was gone for a week so I wasen't really posting,I can see my thread is gettin' more popular....

Sony has actually make game systems...
Nintendo has actually made game systems...
Microsoft makes pieces of crap that rarely work correctly.

Microsoft works perfectly fine!So no buddy microsoft is still in this Greatestguitarsolo!
EpicGuy
EpicGuy
90 posts
Nomad

To me, having all the latest toys doesn't matter, it should be purely about the games, and how they can offer an experience for the player that is entertaining, something that is fun, that really, makes them want to keep playing. Quality, above all else. If you start looking just at the hardware, it becomes a "Who's genitalia is bigger?" competition. This is why I hate Apple, and phones in general. Cellular phones have become a sign of status, like house size, vehical size, or, in a more modern sense, how "green" you are. I don't want the gaming industry to be that way.

With that, I'd like to say:

Nintendo by far. Sony is arrogant, Microsoft is nuts, and if Apple dips their paws more into the video game industry, I'd just consider them to be a Sony/MS combo.

Nintendo has the nostalgia factor from their successful Mario, the Legend of Zelda, Kirby, Donkey Kong, and Metroid titles

Sony, off the top of my head, has Final Fantasy, and according to a quick Google search, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro the Dragon, and the Jak games. Jak seemed to progress in terms of gameplay abnormally fast, switching syles from game 1 to game 2, and then a racing game (WTF?). Crash and Spyro had some laughable graphics and storylines attached to them, making them simple, overused platformers w/adventure elements. And, oh yeah, Sony made this

Microsoft has Halo... And they made Banjo-Kazooie through Rare, being an in-house developer and all.

Now, speaking for the hardware in terms of what it can do to enhance the gaming 'experience' I mentioned earlier...

I think the 3D generation we've entered is a stepping stone towards something a bit more like an advanced virtual reality/Star Trek holodeck means of entertainment. Players will be wholly emerged into the game. This progression seems fairly natural to me, when looking back at the innovation the industry has encountered thus far.

A rough timeline:

It began with a major leap in designing games with better graphics (this was, of course, after video games were a recognized medium) and plots/storylines.

Then came a year or two where gameplay elements (things like, but not limited to, Sony's famous button combination minigames) were added.

Vibrating controllers and games utilizing motion control came next, giving the player a sense of being more inside the game environment, however small a change it may seem.

Finally, A dual emphasis on motion control and 3D, as we're seeing now, that make the player really feel as though they're in the game.

It would only make sense that the next advancement takes the player all the way, whether it be by virtual reality, clunky headset and all, or directly towards something that I can best describe as the iconic Star Trek holodecks.

Whatever the case, it doesn't matter who gets there the first, or, necessarily, who sells it to you the cheapest, but only the company that does it the best.

Odds are, Sony and MS will make it there first, because they'll see it as a means to profit quickly. Nintendo will sit back, watch, do a bit more planning, and then release their own product.

snipershot325
snipershot325
844 posts
Nomad

Da*n thats one long post epicguy I honor you commitment thankyou

EpicGuy
EpicGuy
90 posts
Nomad

I copy/pasted that from an essay I wrote last fall ^.^

snipershot325
snipershot325
844 posts
Nomad

I copy/pasted that from an essay I wrote last fall ^.^

hmmm....>_<
somewhitedude
somewhitedude
113 posts
Peasant

meow sony!

kacboy
kacboy
1,846 posts
Nomad

But as said above 3DS IS AN ENTIRELY NEW GENERATION HANDHELD, bette graphics than DS, waaaaaay better

True. The graphics even look better than Wii.
Nintendo FTW.
FallenSky
FallenSky
1,815 posts
Peasant

I stick with Sonny becasue I dug up fantastic games...You can't rate a game company's quality if you haven't played the games or console...You can't just google up Sony and rate it without being an acyual Sony fan.
Let me just say that microsoft developped the crashiest consoles of them all, which is the terrible Xbox, and nintendo strived more for family oriented games.
Sony's the choice for what I like to call dedicated gamers. They offer the best platform for Rpgs, and the Ps is very well working console. Moreover, Sony started to distribute the evergroing ''Tales'' franchise and magnificent games such as tales of destiny 2, Xenosaga, Hack...They also have the unheard of Nis games, shadow of the colossus and the good old final fantasy, along with Megamam X, and I could go on and on for hours...

Showing 151-165 of 243