ForumsGamesEpic War 4, kind of a let-down.

26 12349
Highfire
Highfire
3,026 posts
Nomad

Hello, before you post read this first. This IS NOT a flame thread, this is a full-reason thread explaining what you think of Epic War 4 and why.
It's out on Kongregate, here's the link:
http://www.kongregate.com/games/rudy_sudarto/epic-war-
Now, personally, I can't really see anything different except some new units, a different progression system (in terms of spells, units and fights), and an actual story. I found Epic War 1 and 3 had no story, but the Epic War game after each one introduced one, whilst kind of neat, it was the only major addition that I found most interesting and didn't need barely any work or money (okay, quite a bit of work but hardly any money as far as I know). If they went back to their early roots and had decided to explain the story mission by mission, with a MUCH more engaging storyline (come on, it was too good), it would've lasted me longer and I couldn't really bother with the grindfest unlike Epic War 3 or 2, simply because the majority of it was recycled from Epic War 3.
As Peter Molyneux (Developer of Fable / Black and White series) mentioned, the third one is always hard to nail, if you just make different storyline with same mechanics and rules and areas, it'll lose flavour.
Pretty much, this wraps up what they failed to do, sadly.

I would like it if he built from both stories with a mix of the units (with new ones of course) in the same area with some different mechanics somehow (mana and another resource?) and creating a much more engaging storyline which actually makes sense with both of them, which would be EPIC! ... War.

- H

P.S Haven't seen any other thread on Epic War 4 so apologies in advance if there already is one.

• 26 Replies
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

At least wait until it gets put on Kong before putting up a whole series of complaints on the game, it might not be the final version xD

CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

Eh so your only problem is the story?
Well if the gameplay is like epic war 3 then Ill probably still love it when it eventually hits AG.

Eddy01741
Eddy01741
341 posts
Peasant

Firetail... it's already on Kong.

Anyhow, I agree, it's a total grindfest. Adding more units doesn't matter all that much since at the end of the day, titans are so pwnsome. I remember the first time I go to stage 10 when I faced the sky dragon. All my melee units were immediately wiped out and I was like... wow, my units are weaksauce. Luckily my hero Popo with the 100% critical ability was able to kill it, but still, titans are far more important than lesser units.

CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

I rember near the end of epic war 3 when I faced my first titan I was like OMG WHAT IS THAT?!?!? Then it started to spin into a giant flaming tornado leading to me being owned. Was not a good experience.

SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

ya it really was a let-down... i also think that 2 of the 3 challenges are far too hard. the goblins are just insanely impossile with the black one 2-hit KO'ing my titan and completely slaughtering everyone... and the fire beast was just way too hard. the other one i managed to beat, it was either the giant bomb or the trojan horse?also there shoiuld be an accelerate so it doesnt take me all night just to get close to beating the game. it would also be nice to maybe buy a fourth general slot for a ridiculous amount of money... what are all the green upgrades for btw, i cant unlock them....

Eddy01741
Eddy01741
341 posts
Peasant

Green upgrade tree is availible by upgrading one of the existing heroes to level 3.

howlett
howlett
2,278 posts
Nomad

A let down?I really enjoyed it.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

@Eddy
I always say Kong instead of AG, for some reason.

Anyways, it's not a let-down, but it's not a big improvement either.

CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

So anybody know the turnover form Kong to AG? WHEN WILL EPIC WAR 4 BE HERE?

Eddy01741
Eddy01741
341 posts
Peasant

It seems like an EW3 with a storyline and a tons more grinding.

mannix
mannix
9 posts
Nomad

I agree it was a let down

TheAKGuy
TheAKGuy
995 posts
Nomad

Epic war 4 let down its players because, it thought: Fancier Design, No Real Gameplay.

CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

I still liked it. Im trying to get Titan lord of fire right now to help win the tiger warrior level.

howlett
howlett
2,278 posts
Nomad

Well, I got all of the badges except for the hard on Kong now, still playing it alot.

sprinter101
sprinter101
365 posts
Nomad

I think this game is really good.

Frankly i dont get how this game could be a let down.

A couple updates have been made.

Showing 1-15 of 26