ForumsSupport ForumNo AP section

26 4559
dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

What if there was a forum where we could spam, play forum games, and just post whatever we wanted, as long as it was appropriate? And we got no AP for posting in this section? You could just talk about your day, whats making you mad, play a forum game, or just spamety spam spam? Tell me what you think.

• 26 Replies
opentotruth
opentotruth
473 posts
Peasant

well if u didnt get any points for posting in that section. As a spammer detective i would be ok with that i mean if u dont get points its not hurting anyone

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
924 posts
Scribe

^Detective huh?
You aren't doing a very good job of it. Even if there weren't points, people would be offensive, post inappropriate links, etc. This is what the chat is for. This is just NOT a good idea.

dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

Well of course it would still have a mod watching over it, or maybe two

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
924 posts
Scribe

Of course you shouldn't get points, but this would be BAD to have. We can't have a mod constantly watching it. Then again this brings up a question, what is the point of this? If it is to talk to people, we already have the chat, so I don't know the reason for having this.

dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

forum games?

dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

or if you just really feel like going like this,

dfhsfhsdfgadhcfhsfhadhafhfghfaghfaghsfgfhfhfpizza!

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
924 posts
Scribe

You can already do that on the chat. Forum games are for the forums, and they can also be done via chat.

dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

ok then no apless section then, but you DO get AP for forum games, and i can think of some games you cant play in chat

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
924 posts
Scribe

Well, it doesn't seem like it would be too hard. It may be different, but can still be done. I think there should be a section for forum games, and they would be APless

Cheef
Cheef
188 posts
Nomad

forum games?

dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

yeah even if its just for forum games, i personally dont think people should get AP for forum games

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
924 posts
Scribe

^Forum games are threads that are pretty much games. The True False thread is one, King of the Hill...There are a ton of them. Just look in the tavern, and you will find them.

dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

yeah, like the save the person above you game

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

I told Dirkpitt earlier that I and a few other moderators have issues with a lot of the forum games, but we let them go. They really don't offer anything constructive, but they are still fun to do. I think maybe a revision is in order here:

A forum area specifically for forum games with no APs involved.

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,060 posts
Blacksmith

I doubt that forum games would be nearly as popular if AP were not involved though. I participate in a few of the more creative ones, but really they seem to be just a cheap, easy way to get a ton of AP and Im surprised most of them are still running.

I would love it if we could come up with some more creative forum games that actually offer something constructive, but they would probably be exploited as well.

Showing 1-15 of 26