ForumsArt, Music, and WritingThe Words and Workings of Wolf

634 211651
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,437 posts
Farmer

Here is a thread dedicated to my work as a writer. This thread will mostly be filled with my poems which vary in theme but I try to fashion myself after my favourite poet T.S Eliot, who I believed captured human nature in his words. I aspire to do the same. Please feel free wo citique and review my work. However, simply saying "I like it" is not good enough, as a writer I must grow and develop so I beg you readers to give me a reason as to why or why not you liked the poem. To start off I shall provide you with one of my personal favourties.

These Are The Boring Bits

Call life what you will,
A joke,
A curse,
A gift,
An adventure.
Take from it what you will,
Joy,
Sorrow,
Love,
Hate.
Lose yourself in it
Find your purpose
Or,
Find nothing at all.

A man asked, "What is the meaning of life?"
A woman told him, "Whatever you make it to be."
A child asked, "Is god real?"
A parent told them, "Only you can decide."

Personal opinion is what we use to guide us,
The opinions of others are what lose us.
We can never be certain
That we are certain of anything
Because of change,
And because things stay the same.
What makes sense one day,
Will confuse us another,
And so it goes on.
People tell others to:
Get in line,
Grow up,
Get our lives straight,
Who told these people these things?
And why tell us the things that broke them?

Is it human nature to be unhappy?

Two men sit on a bench,
In a park,
Under a tree.
They talk about family and friends
They talk about work and dreams.
One man says, "It is a waste of time to dream,"
The other says, "Yes, but to have dreams is not."
Dreams are what the world is made of
Bad dreams,
Good dreams,
Lost dreams.

Hope is never far off,
As the old die,
The young are born,
The young grow,
They become old,
The old die.
But while they are young,
They change the world.
Some for the better,
Others for the worse.

Inspiration is a dream.

The only inspiration in life is life:
What to do?
How to do it?
Can we change the world?
How to change the world?
Is there purpose?
Are we real?
Or a figment of imagination?
All questions do not need answers.

Call life what you will,
These are the boring bits.

• 634 Replies
MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,386 posts
Shepherd

I wish you would see
That you don't hold the scar
You care too much
You get knocked around.
They see who they are
You stay for them to see
You're a victim, a witness.
But do you see what they could be?
Without the mirror
Some stay the same
While some decide to change
Focus on the good
Let is outweigh the rest
Put the past behind you
And I doubt you'll be depressed.

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,437 posts
Farmer

There's a place where I look and quake at what I see.

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,437 posts
Farmer

Wake up.
Tell me your sorry.
Just say those words.
Show me
You're humanity.
So I don't lose mine.

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,437 posts
Farmer

The blog has been updated. I have explained my Magic system.

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,386 posts
Shepherd

I did enjoy the explanation.
I like the fact you made your own Magic System. Makes you stand out from the rest.
Do we get a clue as to when the actual story will be updated?

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,437 posts
Farmer

Um, no, because the next update probably won't been the first chapter, and probably won't be an entire chapter. As I said before the blog isn't for posting the story.

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,386 posts
Shepherd

Yes yes I realize that, but with this new knowledge it would be great to apply it to an actual story line.

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,437 posts
Farmer

I have a story line.

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,437 posts
Farmer

The tavern smelled of old beer and the sweat of couples who rented rooms on the second floor. Wolf never could comprehend how such a stench could permeate an entire establishment, yet, regardless it did. The barkeep, Click, was bending his way between tables, carrying a try of pints across the room to a table of wanderers who had just arrived.
Wolf had always been amazed at Click's ability to wait tables. The man was reed thin. His knees and elbows jutted out from him like butresses from a castle. His arms looked a small child's weight would snap them clean in two, yet, those arms apparently hid plenty of wiry muscles, though Wolf never saw any. Click's body was ideal for manouvering his way through the dim smokey room though. He seemed to be able to squeeze through the smallest of spaces, another mystery about the man.
Wolf watched as Click finally reached the table of the men who had just came in. There were five of them, hooded and cloaked. Nothing suspicious in that though. The Broken Sword wasn't known for auspcious clientelle. One of the men gestured to Click, who leaned over. They whispered something to each other with vague gestures to various parts of the room. Click straightened and nodded his head. With that he turned on his heel and headed for Wolf.
Wolf studied Click's face, but couldn't discern anything from his expression, so he tilted back in his chair and awaited the barkeep. When Click reached his table he said, "Evening sir."

Wolf scowled, "How many times are we going to go over this Click?"

Click shot him a toothy grin, "Oh I s'ose as many as I'd like. Jus' ta' piss ya off."

"So it seems Click..."

"Ah, Wolfie, ya too serious, ya know that?

"Thanks Click, now what in the gods do you want?"

Click's manner deflated, "Aye, always bizness with'ee. The gents over their was askin' for you."

"And what, by Kalami's furry nut sack, do they want?"

"No clue."

Wolf raised an eyebrow.

Click shifted his eyes, and turned slightly to look sidelong at the company of men who appeared to be in deep discussion about something. Yet, Wolf felt at least one pair of their eyes on him.
Click turned back to him, "They was asking 'bout some an named Kellus of The Blade."
Wolf froze. Mechanically he turned his attention to the ale in front of him. This night was going to end in blood. He could taste it. Dammit all to Drape.

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,386 posts
Shepherd

Oneeeee slight problem I have with it is that you repeatedly use Click, when you can easily use a pronoun for us to understand it.
I like the whole new world you are dishing out, but I must wait ever so patiently for more to be added.

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,437 posts
Farmer

Oneeeee slight problem I have with it is that you repeatedly use Click, when you can easily use a pronoun for us to understand it.
I like the whole new world you are dishing out, but I must wait ever so patiently for more to be added.

Oh, this has nothing to do with my story, this is just a random thing I wrote within my world. In fact this probably takes place 5-6 years after the start of the book I'm working on now.
Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

I figured it was random. But this reminded me a great deal of the WoM

; or at least my part in it..:P

"And what, by Kalami's furry nut sack, do they want?"

Nice choice of words~ Bleh, Kalami sounds like something slimy. And yes, I know it's one of your gods.
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,437 posts
Farmer

I figured it was random. But this reminded me a great deal of the WoM

What?

Bleh, Kalami sounds like something slimy. And yes, I know it's one of your gods.

God of war, notably a lion
Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

What?

That little scene you wrote could have been an entry to the 'Way of Moderation' story in the AMW because it had a similar theme and style in general. Kind of.
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,437 posts
Farmer

I got a green light from cormyn to hold a cover art contest. I have a thread floating out there with some details and a way to enter. This is the only mention I'm making here so don't ask about it. See my profile for the link to my blog.

Showing 376-390 of 634