ForumsSupport ForumThe Mods Totally Deserve Respect

9 2576
blazer4579
blazer4579
22 posts
Nomad

I'm not a mod, but I just got angry about the mods not giving merits. I was totally wrong and I realize that. There must be some way to give the mods respect for all they do. Please give your ideas.

• 9 Replies
Healmeal
Healmeal
1,941 posts
Nomad

Let me give you some advice. If you want to regain respect from the mods, simply don't post topics like this, but make good, sturctured posts with good content. The mods will sooner or later read it and will hold you in better regards again.

Besides, merits? Who cares about merits? It's just a credit from a mod. I'd rather gain 2 AP for making a good post which gains the respect from the community in general, than gaining 27 AP for just getting on the mods good side. You shouldn't worry about merits, worry about making good posts for the community.

blazer4579
blazer4579
22 posts
Nomad

no. i just wanted to say sorry

Google567
Google567
4,013 posts
Farmer

Wasn't this obvious?

Protofai
Protofai
228 posts
Nomad

Wasn't this obvious?

Yes, I believe this would fit into the: "Oh man I screwed up lets make a post about how awesome mods are so i get back on their good sides" catagory.
letgodsortthem
letgodsortthem
84 posts
Scribe

The mods DO deserve respect, but I don't think sucking up like this is the way to do it.

It might make it worse, because they have to read this... and then moderate it and no one likes being put into a conflict of interest situation by someone else.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,585 posts
Duke

haha you fail. first you yell at the mods about merits then you suck up to them hahaha.

Who are you to say that?

Anyway, at least he felt bad for what he did.
vinster132
vinster132
5,875 posts
Jester

Unfortunately, people who do not listen to the mods when they warn them, are the people who dislike them. A couple do hate. But some others know by heart, that the mods are doing the right thing. And the right thing is warning them because they broke a rule or something. eh...but that is quite a common thing.

And about the merit thing, I don't really give a sh!t anyway. I can understand that getting a merit makes you feel accomplished. Come on, you are here to have a fun time. Not burst your mind up with thinking to make a long comment.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

You should type out a review because you want to type out a review. Do not think of reviews in regards to merits, because you will be discouraged to write more when you don't get one. Type out a review if you think you have the means to critique the author. That way, you helped him/her, you feel good inside, and who knows! The author may drop you a line one day.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

How to get yourself in the clear again..

Respect the mods. No need for attempts to flatter them. Follow the rules and be friendly.

Actions speak louder than words.

Showing 1-9 of 9