ForumsWEPR[Necro] Does God exist?

697 243792
locoace3
locoace3
15,053 posts
Nomad

since there really s no topic on whether or not he really exists and created people i decided to make one

start debating... NOW!

• 697 Replies
greg_greg
greg_greg
440 posts
Peasant

for anything to exist, all it needs is thought, it exists in my mind, which is a realm of existance, this cannot be denied, otherwise the thought of being a human or anything wouldnt exist, because you would say thought cant make things exist, but it does. and i came to that conclusion by thinking, okaay, the law of gravity, if we drop a ball 100 times, and every time it falls. this is proven, but! do we know if suddently the law of gravity will no longer apply, and suddently the ball will not fall, or will rise? no, because we cannot tell if it will change, so if we dropped the ball 101 times, and nothing changed from the first 100, is that to ay that on the 102nd time, the ball will fall? no, cannot say that and be 100% certain about it. only we can think, so far nothings changed, so we can predict buy not be certain the ball will fall on the 102nd time.

unstealthynoob
unstealthynoob
105 posts
Nomad

god is displayed in everything..religion is practically (if not) the foundation of everything in this world

greg_greg
greg_greg
440 posts
Peasant

no, religion is not the foundation of everything, the foundation of everything is the will to power. and for the purpose of all my arguments, inless specified otherwise, "you" is a general term, not to a specific person.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

god is displayed in everything..religion is practically (if not) the foundation of everything in this world

So he is displayed in everything? Why did I never see anything? Why do we never see anything?
And religion destroyed things, it didn't help building...
greg_greg
greg_greg
440 posts
Peasant

religion destroyed things, it didn't help building...

religion actually built western and eastern cultures, it builds more then destroys, but religion is meant to be heard and not seen. sorta, as in, we only see destruction because thats what the world emphaizes these days.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

Sorry if I got a bit upset, but such pseudo-intelligent bushwa always gets me mad..
Anyway I think we would be better off without religion, it moved people in certain cases but is putting a block to progress in many other. It made incredible things, sure, I'm not saying it was completely vain..
And, uh, how do you hear religion?

ImaFiringMyLazar
ImaFiringMyLazar
60 posts
Nomad

God does exist. That's all I know.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

for anything to exist, all it needs is thought, it exists in my mind, which is a realm of existance

Your mind isn't some mystical realm of existence. It's just electrochemical interactions. You can say "that goes for everything we perceive and experience, that it all boils down to a product of our mind. Yes but the difference between reality and imagination is one is the product of external stimuli while the other is completely internal.
What Exists?

God does exist. That's all I know.

How do you know this?
greg_greg
greg_greg
440 posts
Peasant

you hear the echo of religion, like, the tradition etc etc.

and

Your mind isn't some mystical realm of existence. It's just electrochemical interactions. You can say "that goes for everything we perceive and experience, that it all boils down to a product of our mind. Yes but the difference between reality and imagination is one is the product of external stimuli while the other is completely internal.

it might be electrochemical interactions, but thats the brain, he brain and the mind are seperate, the mind is sparked from our daily lives, it lets us reason from what we know, and knowledge is an intangable and abstract idea. we can see the interactions, we cannot see knowledge. this is why we should know we dont really know anything for certain.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

it might be electrochemical interactions, but thats the brain, he brain and the mind are seperate, the mind is sparked from our daily lives, it lets us reason from what we know, and knowledge is an intangable and abstract idea. we can see the interactions, we cannot see knowledge. this is why we should know we dont really know anything for certain.

How are they separate? If we change the physical structure of the brain or how those electrochemical interactions operate we change the products you attribute to the mind. This would indicate no separation between the two.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

The mind originates from the brain, our conscience is the brain. There is no such thing as a spiritual, bodyless mind or soul in our heads, only nervous connections. I am aware you will deny and say there must be more to it, but the brain is something really underrated, it is extremely mighty.

Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

You cannot claim that God exists - you can only claim that you believe he does. Also, the mind is a complicated thing and yet is indeed explained by electrochemical reactions - there is no 'spiritual' mind or anything.

greg_greg
greg_greg
440 posts
Peasant

ya, ya, and yeah

however, what about dreaming, but not just dreaming, like, seeing the future, have you ever said deja vu cuzof that? the mind cannot figure out what has not already happened, not in life circumstances, God must exist, and we dont know the laws of the universe and you cannot claim He does not exist, we dont and can know if he exists, this is a topic in which we cannot full wrap our heads around.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Let's take the images you see on your screen. These are nothing more then electromagnetic signals of 1s and 0s being read and interpreted by your computer. With your argument it's as if your saying yes that happens but the images on the screen isn't the product of your computer reading 1s and 0s but some separate abstract function.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

The thing with déja-vu is a bad example, I'm not an expert in the case but I heard that it's just our memory that instead of handling the new information as new information, it actually handles it as if it wasn't new, what makes that we think we already saw something. You better look it up yourself, don't base your arguments on what I said.. and I don't believe in seeing into the future, I believe things just happen and are not supposed to happen, if you know what I mean.
I am aware that we can't prove God existing or not existing, after all I'm agnostic besides being atheist. That means:

You cannot claim that God exists - you can only claim that you believe he does.
Showing 31-45 of 697