ForumsWEPR[Necro] Does God exist?

697 244168
locoace3
locoace3
15,053 posts
Nomad

since there really s no topic on whether or not he really exists and created people i decided to make one

start debating... NOW!

• 697 Replies
Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

Yes but it is the word of God, correct? Why would he allow it to become imperfect and corrupted?

holt24
holt24
1,133 posts
Nomad

Corrupted?I have never heard if the Bible being corrupted before.Care to enlighten me.

greg_greg
greg_greg
440 posts
Peasant

because He gave us free will, free choice, and free action. He allowed us to write down what we thought was importaint pertaining to Him and we did so, and therefore its imperfect. we have to want perfection, God wont just give us it.

locoace3
locoace3
15,053 posts
Nomad

Corrupted?I have never heard if the Bible being corrupted before.Care to enlighten me.

i don't know about the bible but the church was obviously corrupt
greg_greg
greg_greg
440 posts
Peasant

uhmm, when was the church corrupt?

Moe
Moe
1,715 posts
Blacksmith

i don't know about the bible but the church was obviously corrupt

And who writes the bible?
The church, who has edited the bible to suit their purpose.
Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

The bible has been translated into so many languages, been subtely changed over time - the original meaning is long lost.

holt24
holt24
1,133 posts
Nomad

Okay that makes more sense than saying the Bible is corrupt.

greg_greg
greg_greg
440 posts
Peasant

uhmm, they wrote it in the year 305, the council of hippo. thats when this bible was written, and it hasnt had that many changes, beacuse our words come from latin and latin and greek were the main languages.

holt24
holt24
1,133 posts
Nomad

Ugh what is the Bibles original purpose?

locoace3
locoace3
15,053 posts
Nomad

flip through a 7th grade history book sometime :P
holt24
holt24
1,133 posts
Nomad

I would say that there have been corrupt people in the church since it's existence but that doesn't make Christianity wrong.The Ameican government also has corrupt people but that doesn't make America wrong.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Do you want a historical example, or a modern one?

uhmm, they wrote it in the year 305, the council of hippo. thats when this bible was written, and it hasnt had that many changes, beacuse our words come from latin and latin and greek were the main languages.

There have been significant changes at least in the old testament, which was written in a Hebrew dialect. The new testament was heavily influenced by the old. Also there are a number of books that were left out from both old and new testament when the biblical canon was being decided on.
greg_greg
greg_greg
440 posts
Peasant

there have been significant changes at least in the old testament, which was written in a Hebrew dialect. The new testament was heavily influenced by the old. Also there are a number of books that were left out from both old and new testament when the biblical canon was being decided on.

i know, im just saying, its been around, and the council chose the most spiritually inspired, therefore coming from God but written by man.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

i know, im just saying, its been around, and the council chose the most spiritually inspired, therefore coming from God but written by man.

Not really because they were the most spiritually inspired. Many of the books left out didn't make any sense even back then. Of course later on as our knowledge grew and other books that did make it in were also found to make no sense. Instead of removing these books (some of which are critical to the religion) they were relegated to being "metaphors" rather then literal historical events. Though even those these areas of the Bible were placed in this non historical status centuries ago many people (evangelicals) still regard them as historic fact.

Interesting fudging of facts.
James Randi Speaks: Questioning the Bible
Showing 61-75 of 697