ForumsWEPR[Necro] Does God exist?

697 244285
locoace3
locoace3
15,053 posts
Nomad

since there really s no topic on whether or not he really exists and created people i decided to make one

start debating... NOW!

• 697 Replies
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

Pardon the interruption but since when has God ever been benevolent? While I wouldn't go so far as to describe the actions of God as malevolent, flooding the Earth certainly wasn't very beneficial. Neither was the removing billions from the Garden of Eden for the mistakes of two. Two who were coerced by one of his one creations. The bible states that God created us and gave us free will, where was free will when he flooded the Earth? Where was free will when the Tower of Babel was shattered and humanity scattered to the winds? To be perfectly honest God is a hypocrite.

Bl1zzarddd
Bl1zzarddd
31 posts
Peasant

Nah, just forget it.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

God is real i gotta back up called the bible

The Bible is not evidence that's the claim you have to prove.

Don't you think that God would prefer true, confident followers than stupidly following sheeps?

These Christian songs are just to much. LOL...
"I Just Want To (Be A Sheep)" - Max The Puppet & The Baa Street Sheep

And I doubt that anyone was ever sent to Hell for being curious, that would go against the principle of an all-loving god.

Considering the contradictory nature, this does indicate his non existence.
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

"The Lord is my shepherd" Psalm 23

Does this really seem like a God who likes his devotees being curious?

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

God: I'm going to give you curiosity, the ability to reason and the free will to use it. But if you don't just ignore all that and just follow me blindly your going to Hell!

Bl1zzarddd
Bl1zzarddd
31 posts
Peasant

We need an exorcist in this forum...

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

"The Lord is my shepherd" Psalm 23

and those who follow the lord are mindless sheep?
well have fun being a sheep. xD
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

I was quoting for effect, not because I am religious, please don't take my posts out of context.

Bl1zzarddd: Would you like to clarify, or am I right in assuming that you're calling a vast majority of us demons?

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

oke, next time use the quote button
looked like you where trying to give proof or something.

thugtastic
thugtastic
162 posts
Peasant

No it wouldn't. The two are not at all comparable.

Yes they are, the cells are the 747 parts such as the ailerons, the tail, etc. etc.
Great imagery, but as MageGrayWolf said it isn't comparable. Humans came together gradually. 1 cell, then 2, then 7, so on and so forth. We evolved, which is a point people like to argue about a lot.
I believe in evolution too but I am arguing for God because I am a Catholic.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Yes they are, the cells are the 747 parts such as the ailerons, the tail, etc. etc.

The parts of a 747 don't follow the same rules for assembly the way molecules do.
http://www.creationtheory.org/Probability/Page03.xhtml

The 747 argument is basically the same as the blind watch maker argument.
Evolution IS a Blind Watchmaker

I believe in evolution too but I am arguing for God because I am a Catholic.

That's a real piss poor reason to argue against it. Given your argument your either using an argument that you don't believe yourself or you hold a misunderstanding of evolution.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Further reading why your argument is bunk.

1. This claim is irrelevant to the theory of evolution itself, since evolution does not occur via assembly from individual parts, but rather via selective gradual modifications to existing structures. Order can and does result from such evolutionary processes.

2. Hoyle applied his analogy to abiogenesis, where it is more applicable. However, the general principle behind it is wrong. Order arises spontaneously from disorder all the time. The tornado itself is an example of order arising spontaneously. Something as complicated as people would not arise spontaneously from raw chemicals, but there is no reason to believe that something as simple as a self-replicating molecule could not form thus. From there, evolution can produce more and more complexity.

http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CF/CF002_1.html
Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Since we are using rationalwiki here's another thing specifically on the 747 argument.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Hoyle%27s_fallacy

thugtastic
thugtastic
162 posts
Peasant

Why are you quoting other people and trying to

debunk
my faith when you seem to know everything about this.
Showing 616-630 of 697