ForumsSupport ForumWhen was the site made?

4 3069
Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

I want to know how long armorgames has been around and when it was first thought up.

• 4 Replies
Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

2005, made after a cease and desist threat from a lawyer for their previous title of Games of Gondor. (Lord of the Rings)

ImaFiringMyLazar
ImaFiringMyLazar
60 posts
Nomad

2005. I think...

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

If I uploaded the correct website, I found a game still alive and shown by Games of Gondor. This gives you an idea as to what the preloader and the logo was like back then.

knight_34
knight_34
13,821 posts
Farmer

The original Games of Gondor site has its earliest recoverable archives dating back to 2004. GoG was mainly focused around Lord of the Rings themed flash games and movies.

Armor Games was born in September or October 2005 when the site was threatened (probably by the Tolkien Estate) as Graham said. Armor Games slowly evolved until its first major overhaul. AG 2.0 (this AG) went live in January 2008.

Now we'll be seeing AG 3.0 sometime. Parts of it are already evident in the AGI.

If you want to find some old GoG games you can go around searching for "Games of Gondor". Elf Girl Sim Date RPG is one of the more memorable old games froom GoG. If you want to look at the old AG, this will help. Just enter "armorgames.com" and "gamesofgondor.com" in the search bar.

Showing 1-4 of 4