Nomad

have you a qusetion about germany write it here. then i answer your question

• 39 Replies
loloynage2
loloynage2
4,211 posts
Peasant

I know loads about Germany, 2 world wars and 1 world cup

good job. You don't even know that. Germany won 3 times the world cup, not only one time.

I lived in Germany for 5 years. I like it more then Canada and any American country.
MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

WHY IS IT NAMED GERMANY?

Germany is an anglicised name derived from the tribes in the area. The term actually began with the Romans, who called these peoples Germani which meant warrior.
BlackVortex
BlackVortex
1,360 posts
Nomad

good job. You don't even know that. Germany won 3 times the world cup, not only one time.

Good job, you don't know what I'm talking about, try reading again next time before you make a dumb comment
It means we (England) beat them in 2 world wars and 1 world cup (66).
MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

Good job, you don't know what I'm talking about, try reading again next time before you make a dumb comment
It means we (England) beat them in 2 world wars and 1 world cup (66).

Umm... you were a bit vague in your previous post though, I actually didn't get it either. Next time elucidate your position to eliminate misunderstandings.
BlackVortex
BlackVortex
1,360 posts
Nomad

Umm... you were a bit vague in your previous post though, I actually didn't get it either.

Alright well it's a pretty popular saying here, so didn't think I had to explain it.
MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

Alright well it's a pretty popular saying here, so didn't think I had to explain it.

Ah, but remember you're addressing an international audience, and British folks are probably a minority around here, especially among those active in the forums. Also, I found the saying quite entertaining, but perhaps it was just playing on my dirty mind.

2 wars 1 cup
2 girls 1 cup

The correlation made me lawl.
cptbignuts12
cptbignuts12
709 posts
Nomad

are there any special holidays or celebrations in Germany?

wakabakawaka
wakabakawaka
51 posts
Nomad

What is some of the best cultural German food around?

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

What is some of the best cultural German food around?

I'm personally fond of schnitzel, sauerbraten, and spaetzle. Always with a good hoppy beer, and served room temperature, like it's supposed to be.
FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

Wiener schnitzel is awesome. Currwurst is also amazing, but that's a Berlin thing.

As far as beer goes I hate all wheat beers with a passion, but you certainly can't knock their lager. Hoffbrauhaus and their various pilsners are really good, but for value you can't beat Berliner Kindl. For such a cheap beer it is oh so tasty.

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

I'm partial to Franziskaner, Lowenbrau, Hoffbrauhaus, Paulaner, and Spaten. They all make wonderful beers.

cptbignuts12
cptbignuts12
709 posts
Nomad

Seeing that about beers do a lot of people whet drunk there?

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

Seeing that about beers do a lot of people whet drunk there?

Not necessarily get drunk, but I'm sure there are actually many people on here who are of the age to consume alcohol in their respective nations.
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

but I'm sure there are actually many people on here who are of the age to consume alcohol in their respective nations.

Active users? Maybe 5 xD

On the subject of beer I'm going to China this summer and there is no legal drinking age...

On the subject of Germany you have soccer, beer, and schnitzel. Anything else you would consider important to your countries culture?
MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

Anything else you would consider important to your countries culture?

The castles are beautiful, especially Neuschwanstein, and it was quite interesting to tour Auschwitz and the Eagle's Nest. Very sobering experience. Unfortunately I didn't get to spend much time in Germany when I was younger, we only went once to visit family but stayed for a month. I kept trying to get transferred there while I was in the Army but ended up with Iraq and Korea instead.
Showing 16-30 of 39