ForumsThe Tavern[necro] Window 7

167 60369
Blackwolves990
Blackwolves990
331 posts
Shepherd

Windows 7 [1] (formerly known as Blackcomb and Vienna) is the latest operating systems from Microsoft Corporation and successor to Windows Vista.

This new version of Windows includes the achievements of Windows Vista while making numerous changes, including various changes in the interface and ergonomics, a special effort for the transparent management of mobile machines and the concern of improve the overall system performance (flow, speed of execution, even on less capable systems such as netbooks) compared to its predecessor.

By identifying this new version by its version number (this is the seventh version of Windows), Microsoft revives an abandoned logical since Windows 3.2 and Windows NT 4.0. The tradition was so far only Windows versions are identified by reference to the year of release (Windows 95 ...) or by an ad hoc name (Windows XP or Windows Vista). However, Windows 7 is based on the NT kernel 6.1.

On April 8, 2010, the software beyond the 10% market share in five months while Windows Vista had to wait 16 months to reach an even score [2

I am a PC and Windows 7 was my idea

• 167 Replies
shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

The main difference is that macs suck... at least they're getting better since Apple isn't being total jerks anymore. Also if you bought a fancy expensive Mac would you call it a PC?

So... why exactly do you think Macs suck? Just wondering.
shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

I haven't seen any of your posts about it in this thread other than that one, so I was just wondering.

1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

I'm not bothering to read any of your posts (except for little snippets of them) so here goes.

It seems like there's a Mac vs PC thing going around here. Mac is good for almost everything except gaming, any kind whether it be MMORPGs, Flash, Java, mini-games. Except for strategy games, but that's not the point. PCs are good for gaming and everything else except their speed is slightly slower than a Mac's. I said slightly.

There's my though on this debate. Enjoy.

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

lol. Slightly FASTER? Well actually majorly. If I were to buy a 1k $ new mac and 1k $ new pc, the pc would be tons faster. The only good things macs are for is starting up in a decent time. That is why I use linux occasionally, because windows is a pain to start up on my computer.

Dude are you serious?

Have you actually tested this theory?
Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

Read this.

Summary: Basically they are the same now since apple has adopted Intel based processors. It also matters how much money you pump into the computer.

Thought I don't like Apple because it doesn't offer anything useful over PC and Apple treating it's costumers badly in all it's outlets.

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

^ I agree completely and I also stated the lack of real differences in hardware earlier but no one pays attention.

You can buy a faster non-Apple PC with a thousand dollars. Apple's software and branding costs quite a bit of money.

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

You can buy a faster non-Apple PC with a thousand dollars. Apple's software and branding costs quite a bit of money.

Rephrase. A Mac you can buy with a thousand dollars isn't as good as a PC you can assemble with a thousand dollars worth of parts. There.

Blackwolves990
Blackwolves990
331 posts
Shepherd

This is Expansive !!! but worth it

KFK
KFK
1,052 posts
Nomad

you can't really build a mac.

Good point, and even if you could...it would cost hell of allot.
And it would be...not that easy I think. No.

[quote]This is Expansive !!! but worth it

Also do fix your spelling and grammar I can see the grammar nazis setting up camp already.
[/quote]

@Blackwolf990

Lock behind you, or half a mile/kilometer out the east...
Valks
Valks
263 posts
Nomad

I have the new Windows 7, I don't see much difference from the earilier model except that the Window's 7 monitor looks cooler and it's a bit faster. There's also the parental controls (the least favorite new feature, for us) and that's pretty much it. I'm pretty sure they're more features but I just use the internet like all other normal users.

Valks
Valks
263 posts
Nomad

Lock behind you, or half a mile/kilometer out the east...

Lock? I assume you mean "look" because the sentence would then make sense. Also; the word "to" must be inserted in-between "out" and "the" because "out the east" is an incomplete sentence fragment. The completed verison of this fragment would be "out to the east" because the fragment now makes decent sense.

Heil Spellcheck!
Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

There's also the parental controls (the least favourite new feature, for us) and that's pretty much it.

Wrong there are many new features ranging from library's to better handling of processors. Also parental controls are useless.
Valks
Valks
263 posts
Nomad

If you bothered to read the last sentence, you'd notice I said I'm sure they're more features but I didn't bother to look for them since I only really use Internet Explorer. And parental controls are effective if your account is not an administrator since it prevents you from logging in. But I found a way to get past that by using a slightly elaborate scheme.

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

@Valks

Don't be harsh... especially when English isn't his first language. There's much worse to be found on AG. *points at the usual suspects*

Strength
Strength
187 posts
Nomad

http://fotos.fotoflexer.com/378704eb2a450b33aff8bfbd098bcc05.jpg

Hopefully that worked. ^

Anyways, Windows 7 looks brilliant, I can't wait to try it. They really improved on alot of things.

Showing 31-45 of 167