ForumsNews and FeedbackAG3 new ranks.

60 17168
Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

i would like to keep the same ranks but add extras like High king or god king or emperor. do you agree? and could you think of others.

• 60 Replies
Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

if anyone would put their hand up and support me that'd be great! this is the SUPPORT and suggestions area.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

perhaps one of the players could (i don't mean me, i wouldn't know how)

if anyone would put their hand up and support me that'd be great! this is the SUPPORT and suggestions area.

LOL Nice twist to the forum name there Efan! =D

But you know what? *puts hand up* I'll support you there...
But I'm not that good at drawing with a computer either... :/
I'm more of drawing the 'oldfashioned way', with a good-old pencil! =P
Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

'm more of drawing the 'oldfashioned way', with a good-old pencil! =P

same here
But you know what? *puts hand up* I'll support you there...

thank you!
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

i don't agree to the list of mrdaycee, because there is only one person at the ENTIRE site that has reached the emperor rank. it would take ages to reach it! i would shorten the distance between the points needed for the rankings, so that it is more possible that anyone else can get those ranks.

Imagine the start of AG2 when CrazyMonkeyGames had all those games submitted and the regular users were trying to catch up to him. Then there's the part about someone saying that everyone was rushing to Gold Knight? Who said that? Anyway, just because this "emperor rank" seems so far away doesn't mean it won't be reached. See what I did there?

Knight is right, some of these just do not fit in...

Does it have to? I mean, we already skewed the medieval system of Armor Games to a degree. Why not skew it even more?

I know! I like hats! Doesn't everyone? Let's make those "equal" ranks not equal anymore by making one rank have a better-looking hat! That's a fabulous idea!
knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

Earl and Count are the same! Change "Earl" to "Count" and take away the other "Count". Also why would you want to have two Countess ranks?

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

i think we should draw the line at two in between ranks in Lew of my original idea.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

So there's no female 'Earl', it's just Countess again? That is a problem...But just one. The rest is fine!

As for the matter of the length between rank increases...They should be lengthened, but not by too much. Make the rank jumps significantly harder to obtain.

Also, I'm highly in favor of having Earl instead of Count, because Count/Countess is almost as drab as having Prince and Princess. Variety!

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

The Count of Monte Cristo.. Argh.

Well, you prefer Earl, I prefer Count. The world is round. Let's just wait for Cormyn and that blog post. Then we can commence the outpouring of idea after idea.

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

Earl. and the other?

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

Apprentice before knight i think is good.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

Earl/Countess, Count/Countess? Somewhat the same concept of Duke/Duchess.

Apprentice before knight i think is good.

I would step up and say "that's not how it was because squires turned into knights in the medieval era" but I would be eating my own words at that point.
knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

Well, before "earl" was equivalent to "count", it was indeed akin to "duke". Who cares, earl and count are still separate ranks.

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

I would step up and say "that's not how it was because squires turned into knights in the medieval era" but I would be eating my own words at that point.

no i don't mind. i am just trying to think of a rank in the squire/knight area.
1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

@MrDeeCay's list thingamabob.
I thing you should put soldier after squire because wouldn't a soldier be more important than it? And I agree with the other people that you should replace 'Count' with 'Earl'. Etc. Yeah. Everything else is fine.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

I'm going to point Dan's attention to this thread, so he can evaluate the ranks. It's ultimately his call whether we add any new ranks or not, and which point values we'll assign. Remember, too, we may be rebuilding how we calculate and use points, so I'm not sure what that would do to lists like this.

Showing 46-60 of 60