ForumsNews and Feedback[AG3 Q&A] Merits

60 13869
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Let's keep all merit-related questions in here, m'kay?

• 60 Replies
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

@25wes25, we're looking at ways to let game authors customize quite a bit about their game page.

bigjacob
bigjacob
578 posts
Farmer

Hmmmm it sounds like itll be actually worth it for me to try to write a good review i havent done so in the past due to the lack of game merits being given.

Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

Hmm - A minimum wordcount in conjunction with a longer minimum time (5 minutes rather than 30 seconds?) between writing reviews might help (assuming the next version works anything like the current one).

wajor59
wajor59
909 posts
Nomad

I agree, Avorne, longer time-outs before allowed to post another comment or game reviews.
Will merits be given for the best game walk-through? Should a merit worthy game review include a walk-through of the game?

I'm curious about the game authors customized game pages? Cormyn, would mind elaborating?

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

A review is a review, not a walkthrough.. That's why I'm trying to push for that hints, tips and walkthroughs tab that Kyouzou suggested.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

I'm curious about the game authors customized game pages?

As Larry explained it, game developers would be able to 'theme' some of the elements of the game's play page (colors, background image maybe).
Google567
Google567
4,013 posts
Farmer

I imagine we'll attempt to migrate the merited comments for a game on AG2 to AG3 as a separate feed of "game reviews" so we filter out the two-word "good game" responses

Finally. I've been waiting for something like that. Thank you.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

As Larry explained it, game developers would be able to 'theme' some of the elements of the game's play page (colors, background image maybe).

To clarify this even further.....we can expect Krin's Sonny 3 to have background images of sonny around the game that we play with supporting color schemes? So it would be like...the feeling that the game is where it belongs? Lol! I'm trying to describe it the right way. Something like that though?
Google567
Google567
4,013 posts
Farmer

Maybe Ernie will finally come back because of this. His main complaint to me was always that nobody would see his merits because of all the spam comments.

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

Heh, it's funny when I think of his complaint when people used to get merits with surprising ease. A two sentence comment was merited. Even the Merit King got 145 merits from reviews.

Interesting.
Holden012
Holden012
1,989 posts
Nomad

This should be good.

AG v3 is sounding good so far!
we can expect Krin's Sonny 3 to have background images of sonny around the game that we play with supporting color schemes? So it would be like...the feeling that the game is where it belongs? Lol! I'm trying to describe it the right way. Something like that though?

That would be awesome.
42maelstrom
42maelstrom
123 posts
Nomad

I think that there should be new award, like a merit, but more broad. More people would get it You'd get it for making more than one OK comment, and it would be taken away for making a bad comment (a super bad one, not an OK bad one) and it wouldn't really be for points, but something that'd be shown beside your rank, like a "I'm actually a good kind of person" thing. It could be a "medal" or something like that. Like patches on a Girl Scout vest, almost like an achievement, almost. And then there could be the bronze medal for it, silver and gold, too.

SerbianHero
SerbianHero
15 posts
Nomad

I think that Armor Points should be given out based on achievement attained in games.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

42maelstrom, for lack of a better word right now, we're looking at a "karma" system. Every good thing you do raises that score. Every bad thing you do lowers that score. Some actions will require a minimum amount of karma.

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

I think that there should be a little bit more merits handed out for really good (and i mean REALLY good) forum posts or topics. just saying.

Showing 16-30 of 60