ForumsNews and Feedbackuser-rated game difficulty (was: Hard Game Who Can Know ?)

29 9220
Blackwolves990
Blackwolves990
331 posts
Shepherd

have never know if the games we play are difficult or easy.

We can make the list of players who rated this game

For difficulty level (colony)

Very easy to 789,765 players

Easy 1,657,395 players

Medium 634,613 players

More or less difficult 1,586,463 players

Difficult 239,785 players

really hard 189,786 players

incredibly difficult 557,856 players

Did you ever think you could say they had games that were difficult
moderator, I would like to discuss with you a fact.
I saw several topics, written in bold (Hard Game)

I think by doing this, there would be a lot of happy

Reason

1. A new way to get point

2. An easier way to find out more about a game

3. One way of fair sharing

While respecting the rule of point:

2 point by evaluating

I want to know your opinion

• 29 Replies
letgodsortthem
letgodsortthem
84 posts
Scribe

I would think that 'easy' and 'difficult' would be pretty subjective. I like puzzle games and tower defense games... and I'm pretty good at them (I flatter myself to think so, anyway). I'm not good at experiential/atmosphere type games...

guess which ones I would rate as easy and hard...

and I like hard games: replayability is usually MUCH better, if the game is good.

Haku1234567890
Haku1234567890
1,720 posts
Nomad

TOO Easy
incredibly Easy
Very Easy
Easy
Easy-Medium
Lighter Medium
Medium
Arvage Medium
Harder medium
Hard-Medium
Lighter Hard
Hard
More Hard
Very Hard
incredibly Hard
Hard-Impossible
Almost Impossible
Impossible
Really Impossible
GODLIKE

Blackwolves990
Blackwolves990
331 posts
Shepherd

GODLIKE !!!

deathopper
deathopper
1,567 posts
Nomad

I like your idea but I think this thread should go to the ag3 section cause there not gonna change anything about ag2.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

I'm having a brain blockage. Can someone re-explain to me what Blackwolves is proposing exactly?

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

The structuring is hard to comprehend but I believe he is proposing a system of rating a game according to its overall difficulty. He also wants the numbers of people who give a game a certain difficulty level to be displayed on the game page.

Blackwolves990
Blackwolves990
331 posts
Shepherd

yes !!! this is what i suppose !!!
knight_34 had the good words to say it.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Can someone re-explain to me what Blackwolves is proposing exactly?

A community-based difficulty rating for a game. Beyond the 10-scale overall rating, a means for users to help other users identify which games are easier to play/beat than others.
Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

Well I don't think that you'd need like 10!
Maybe like a little color indicator, green being too easy-red being extremely challenging.

escartian
escartian
780 posts
Nomad

This is a good idea
sometimes the game seems easy and then gets hard,
but if this were implamented, then there should also be mucis/plot/graphics ratings and such (0 ap most probably if all this does get added)

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

My concern is that difficulty isn't a constant thing in games. Many games offer varying levels of difficulty and in the end it all comes down to the player's skill. Some people might just give up easily and give a game a very high difficulty rating, which could negatively affect other potential players.

ColonyMan123
ColonyMan123
20 posts
Nomad

how do u start these

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Maybe like a little color indicator

Well, if we're going to go that route, we could copy the "fun factor" graphic from the new shared game content screens.

My concern is that difficulty isn't a constant thing in games

Good point, knight ... games can also seem much easier when you've played it a bunch of times too. In the end though, if you're not a puzzle-minded player, you're not likely to play/rate puzzle games anyhow, and the law of averages states that 1000 votes for "easy" and one vote for "zomg brutal!" pretty much cancels out the one bad vote.
knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

Yes. In the end, the difficulty ratings shouldn't be used to judge a game before playing. I believe some people will be influenced though..

Anyway, the idea's fine. It doesn't adversely affect myself in any way.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

I wonder if we should impose the response timer, as mentioned in this thread, where you can only rate the difficulty of the game after playing it for a few minutes.

Maybe that difficulty rating would have to be built into the games themselves though so gamedevs can help us prove that a user actually *played* the game for a few levels/minutes, before looking at the first screen and rating it "impossible"

Showing 1-15 of 29