(_/)
('_' )
o<( < ) *-2 AP*
U..U

(_/)
(O__O)
(> < ) NO APZ *mega sad*
U....U

If you didn't understand that then here is it.

When a moderator deletes a post the person who spammed loses 2AP (4AP if you include losing the AP from a post)

But what if that was their first post...well....

(_/)
(O__O)
(>o< ) APZZZZ
U....U

(_/)
('_' )
o<( < )
U..U *deletes post*

(_/)
(O__O)
(> < ) HA YOU CANT TAKE ANYTHING ELSE
U....U

(_/)
(O__O)
(> < ) *SPAMS* HAY WHEREZ MY 2 APZ
U....U

Basically it says 0 but next time they post nothing happens.

*crosses fingers*

These bunnies better work.

• 8 Replies
Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

Don't eber...eber... mutate cookies to represent AP... >

Not every delete is explained.

BlackVortex
BlackVortex
1,360 posts
Nomad

I've had lots of posts deleted, not intended to be spam, but I guess mods just don't like me

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

I've had lots of posts deleted, not intended to be spam, but I guess mods just don't like me

It's because you do spam, whether it is "intended" or not. Make longer posts, and it won't happen.

I think there have been talk about just being able to post two or so comments per game, though I don't know of it would increase if the comment was deleted...
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Oh, so if some guy makes one spam comment and one decent one for 4AP, and one is deleted, he loses 4AP? Like penalties for spamming?

I could see that as being confusing when you look at [subject] and you see
400Posts
1000Comments
1234AP.

Or am I misinterpretating this >_<

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

Penalties do ward off spammers. Though, I don't think penalization should be automatic.

Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

Yeah, Kinght has a point. What if the post was a good one, but the system deleted it anyway (After all, a computer can't decide if a post is good or bad from opinion)

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

I agree.

Is what Lige would have said to make a point. There can be short awesome replies and there can be long, spam-infested ones, though the common ones are in reverse.

Penalties may be necessary, but none too harsh; I wanna keep the guys that come in

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

If we did implement an auto-delete system, it would take a tremendous number of users to flag something as spam.

We're also looking into who you are relative to the person, so if a ton of your friends/followers rank something UP, you maybe don't get as many karma points. Likewise with spam, if everyone who flags your comment as spam are all friends or part of a group or something, we may think that everyone's just ganging up on someone, but if 10,000 users who are all mostly unrelated (not all friends of each other, etc), then that user's karma will plummet.

Showing 1-8 of 8