The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsProgramming ForumBecoming an Official Armor Games Developer

52 18221
markzi
markzi
103 posts
Nomad

I'm almost 15, but that doesn't make me weak, I have made many games, but I out them up on Kongregate. But I don't like Kongregate. I want to make games for AG and only for AG! I uploaded a game on here but it wasn't accepted I have no idea why, it does not contain any 13+ content. So maybe if I become an official Developer?

• 52 Replies
Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

What was it about? Could you tell me more about it?

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

I would recommend talking to John or one of the admins about it and perhaps they can answer you.

BeastMode10
BeastMode10
374 posts
Nomad

If you haven't made any AG games, you probably won't be an 'official game dev'. And if your game wasn't accepted it's probably not good enough.

Louissi
Louissi
66 posts
Peasant

I am not too sure if you are trying to get your game on the site, or actually getting hired by ArmorGames. If you just want to have your game on the site, you have to submit it. If you did not receive an answer, your game probably was not good enough.

If you want to be hired:

Being an official Armor Games Developer is like applying for a job. You need experience, knowledge and most of all some work to show. It is not easy to become one. The best way would be to send an email with your work and aptitudes to the staff.

Unfortunatly, since being an official game developer for Armor Games is a full-time job, they probably won't hire you if you are not over 18 years old or ready to commit to a full time schedule.

However, you can still make games and try to get them sponsored by armorgames by communicating with the staff with your game. Do not send unfinished games as they wont be considered.

mixinghoney
mixinghoney
6 posts
Nomad

ahm , maybe it had violence or other stuff , what kind of game was it?

jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

May we see the game? Just upload it with a basic flash uploader (TrUploader) and we could give you tips and help. Then maybe it will make it.

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

Just give us the links to your games so we can see it you should bother trying to contact them.

Kongregate takes anything even if it's really bad, but AG has high standards so I wouldn't expect much.

markzi
markzi
103 posts
Nomad

Thanks for replying. I'm sure it's good enough, no violence, its a hat collecting adventure. Acceptable graphics, smooth gameplay, interesting storyline and a bit of harmless humor. There is, however a Religious event which may have caused the game to get rejected. In the middle of the game, when you find a certain relic, it says that the relic is guarded by the holy spirits, you can either defy them and go to hell, or not. But I don't think that will offend anyone.

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

They wouldn't judge you on age or what you want to call yourself. The game simply didn't meet their requirements or expectations. Like I said before "high standards".

NiteStryker
NiteStryker
144 posts
Nomad

just a thought-take out holy in"holy spirits"

markzi
markzi
103 posts
Nomad

Ok I have uploaded the game : http://www.truploader.com/view/819665

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

It's nice but not to the high standards that AG has. Did you write all the code yourself or did you "borrow it"?

markzi
markzi
103 posts
Nomad

I wrote the code myself. I'm not a thief.

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

Oh ok. It was just odd that for all that coding the rest of the game just revolved on buttons and removing children/objects off the screen and editing variables. Yes I played the entire game.

BeastMode10
BeastMode10
374 posts
Nomad

There is, however a Religious event which may have caused the game to get rejected. In the middle of the game, when you find a certain relic, it says that the relic is guarded by the holy spirits, you can either defy them and go to hell, or not. But I don't think that will offend anyone.

Unless the AG office is filled with liberal elitists, I don't think a minor religious reference would bother them. I think it was the quality of the game that made it rejected. It's pretty good for a first game, but maybe you could improve it.

For starters, you need music. You should probably hire somebody online to do that. You might also need to hire an artist.

Good luck.
Showing 1-15 of 52