ForumsNews and Feedbackstatistics

30 9029
johnmchall
johnmchall
78 posts
Nomad

i say in AG3, their should be a statistics button on games, in which you can see top 10 or top 5 players, who aren't anonymous, your rankings, number of times played daily and overall, the games ranking in it's category and ranking on the site.

• 30 Replies
angelos6
angelos6
104 posts
Farmer

i have ljust made a topic suggesting statistics.its a very nice idea.

johnmchall
johnmchall
78 posts
Nomad

well, as soon as the idea poped into mind i didn't exactly think to search around for a thread similar to this, but thank you.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

I unlocked this thread to discuss player stats in this thread, since the other thread had lots of ideas that have already been covered.

We plan to have some stats on the game play page, but I'd be interested to hear more about what you folks would like to see.

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

Perhaps how long you've played the game, and your highest score? Highest level you've reached at anytime.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

How long as in how many minutes you've played, or a relative date of when you first played the game?

Some of those stats would require lots of two-way communications between our site and the games themselves, so these will be some pretty advanced features.

Overall, though, being a big stats guy myself, I love the idea of having numbers to show yourself (and others). We're already planning leader boards for the games, and the new high score system will already chart your high score progress in a format we can put directly on your profile as well if you like.

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

How long as in how many seconds, minutes, hours, days etc.

You could have something your profile that says Game Addict after you've played a certain time.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

I wanna see how high my friends' scores are in a game you just played. Quite a few months back, we had an AG game tournament (which was pretty fun by the way) and at the end, we got to see the scores that everyone got. If we had this in friend form and maybe a search-user form, that would up the notches a little.

angelos6
angelos6
104 posts
Farmer

most played game,recent played game,statistics in game ratings(the player has rated 20 games with 10, 17 games with 9.5 etc,average game rating=7 and stuff like that)

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Freak, we'll have something like this.

Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

Alot of this stuff is already there. However, the older games no longer have high score tables on the site as they were deleted, and I think something for getting up high score tables for the older games would be good.

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

How about site statistics for the website itself?

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

How about site statistics for the website itself?

I agree, I would love to see a chart describing member growth as well as daily forum posts, games played, comments made, etc.
knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

Something like that.. I would really like to see such data without actually extracting it myself. *remembers AG Statistics experiment*

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

Dittos. Perhaps something like a 'last logged in' feature, which I know has already been suggested somewhere, could be implemented into the stats. This could give us a more accurate account of how many active users there are, and possibly admin could look into deleting inactive accounts after a set period or something.

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

I would really like to see such data without actually extracting it myself. *remembers AG Statistics experiment*

I kept member growth data for about two weeks, didn't turn out the best though.

Dittos. Perhaps something like a 'last logged in' feature, which I know has already been suggested somewhere, could be implemented into the stats.

I feel like that would be more useful in the news feed or in the forums themselves like the old feature.
Showing 1-15 of 30