ForumsNews and FeedbackRe-rating games

14 4745
BlackVortex
BlackVortex
1,360 posts
Nomad

Don't know if this has been asked/confirmed as I haven't been on the forums alot lately, but will we be able to re-rate games in AG3?
Of course gaining no extra AP or anything, just to change the rating if we click it wrong by accident, or give the wrong rating too soon.

• 14 Replies
shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

I'd like this feature.

I agree with you, no extra AP. Sometimes once you get even farther into a game you start to like/dislike it even more. I'd like to see this implemented

samy
samy
4,874 posts
Nomad

Completely agree, perhaps though it should cause a loss of one of the AP points in order to deter people from re-rating the game twenty times.

It's a good idea though, I know I've mis-rated games way to many times.

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

Completely agree, perhaps though it should cause a loss of one of the AP points in order to deter people from re-rating the game twenty times.

Losing AP makes sense, unless you do it within reason.

I think you should be able to re-rate at least 1 or 2 times. But 3 or more changes is just excessive, and should probably constitute a penalty, as you said.
Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

Possibly there's a code (I'm no expert on website design, so I really don't have too much to say) where you get AP as long as there is a rating for a game instead of getting AP when you initially rate it.

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

Maybe a confirm rating button? So you're absolutely sure before you finalize your rating.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

Why should constant re-rating be penalized? It isn't harmful to anyone. It's not even noticeable to anyone except the owner of the rating. When there are tens of thousands of ratings, one vote wouldn't really matter; it's just a push to the left or the right that isn't significant yet.

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

I have to agree with Frank. What's wrong with changing your rating? One's opinion of a game may change drastically.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

The way I'm storing game ratings right now is robust enough to know you've already been given "karma" for the original rating, but I'd be cautious to let you re-rate something more than +/- only a few points, like +/- 2 points, and only let you re-rate one time. We'd hate for a game to start dropping from a 9.something average to a 2.something average because people got bored.

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

Hmm.. I didn't realize the blockheaded ways of some could disrupt rating.

gaboloth
gaboloth
1,613 posts
Peasant

I think re-rating games is a good idea with no AP adding or losing, but if Cormyn says it will be annoying let's say only a change for user.
A question: if a game is updated, can you modify your rating? Because this is fundamental I think.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

but I'd be cautious to let you re-rate something more than +/- only a few points, like +/- 2 points, and only let you re-rate one time. We'd hate for a game to start dropping from a 9.something average to a 2.something average because people got bored.

Well, for the serious users, this shouldn't be a problem. In fact, since there are more in-depth ideas surfacing about how to rate and such, this matter shouldn't be too much of a problem, as users will be prompted to play the game for a while before rating.

The fault could happen, but it shouldn't be expected, could it?
cptbignuts12
cptbignuts12
709 posts
Nomad

this would be cool because i rated a game 0.5 on acident and i feel bad

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Well, cap'n, rest assured that one vote out of thousands won't sway things too badly. Unless it's a brand new game with very few ratings.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

I don't see the need to be able to change game ratings at any time in the future, too much hassle for too little result if you ask me, but then again... I'm not a mod/admin, just a simple user! LOL =D

Showing 1-14 of 14