ForumsNews and FeedbackNew names for karma

156 34171
UnlimitedDragon
UnlimitedDragon
463 posts
Nomad

ok cormyn i know u want ideas about the new name for karma well i dont have any im posting this beacuse i didnt find a post on it so post away

• 156 Replies
forro34
forro34
486 posts
Nomad

how about devotion?
Personally I like Aura the most. Allignment and Esteem run a very close second.

Peter20
Peter20
543 posts
Peasant

how about essence points (Synonym for constitution) or unity points (synonym for alignment)

goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

I propose lot (as one's fortune in life), because "I have lots of lot" sounds great. Or perhaps vibe.

Burnt
Burnt
661 posts
Nomad

How about this:

you can specify it in the control panel. You have a few options like Aura, Karma, Alignment, Vibe or as i would prefer it Force (light side/dark side).
and every type is gonna have the exact same function but a different looking meter/marking system
the Force one for example could have a red/blue meter under the user's armatar like in KOTOR. think about it...

but if that cant be done i vote for aura...

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

@Burnt, no, we're going to make it a global reference so everyone knows what we're talking about.

"Force" might get us in trouble with Lucas. I think Aura is out.

We don't want anything with &quotoints" on the end, because we don't want to confuse it with Armor Points.

Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

What about Heroism? That could work quite well.

Peter20
Peter20
543 posts
Peasant

i personily like essence but my second choice is unity

forro34
forro34
486 posts
Nomad

I think that allignment or force is kind of not fitting because if your allignment/force is bad/dark you also gain something from that. If your karma is low/bad u don't gain anything.
Some more possibilities: mana, focus, blood, ink

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

Back to my previous post at the end of page 6, I think Piety fits right in there. You can have a positive piety, where your devotions are toward the contributions of society before your own needs, and negative piety, where it is the opposite.

This link and the definition explaining it work perfectly. It's also the most unique name, methinks

forro34
forro34
486 posts
Nomad

I think PIETY is a bit too fancy, scientific. Shouldn't the word be very simple?

goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

What about nobility?
It's mediaeval themed and quite simple.

deathopper
deathopper
1,567 posts
Nomad

What about noobility XD

forro34
forro34
486 posts
Nomad

Yes, I like nobility!! But think about ink. If your posts only get marked as spam, you won't be able to post any more (at least that's what I heard)! So it's like your ink ran out! You aren't able to write anymore!!!

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

Why nobility? Since this "karma" thing is supposed to be a scale of one's good and evil actions, I don't know why'd we use nobility.

Right, let's just stick with karma then. These ideas are crazed.

@Forro

I rarely if ever associate the word piety with scientific stuff. The world itself refers to religious devotion or something.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

Well yes, piety has religious associations with it. But the links suggest multiple, modern definitions of it. I see it more as "devotion to society/establishment/community" and stuff.

Showing 61-75 of 156