ForumsNews and FeedbackNew names for karma

156 34227
UnlimitedDragon
UnlimitedDragon
463 posts
Nomad

ok cormyn i know u want ideas about the new name for karma well i dont have any im posting this beacuse i didnt find a post on it so post away

• 156 Replies
gaboloth
gaboloth
1,613 posts
Peasant

Yeah honor is great but prestige is OK too.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

The guys in the office like honor, or reputation (rep)

Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

You could put the 3 favorite ideas to a vote and choose the winner that way.

ArmorL3gend
ArmorL3gend
239 posts
Peasant

Honor and Reputation (Rep) sounds great but, I prefer Honor because it is in the medieval theme of AG

gaboloth
gaboloth
1,613 posts
Peasant

Yes I think keeping the medieval theme is important if we want to remain an unique site.

ulimitedpower
ulimitedpower
1,739 posts
Nomad

Lemme think...

Well, the name depends heavily if you want something original or mor fantasy. Honor and rep sound good, just a bit... Boastful. I have more honor than you!

How about gold? It was very valuable back in medieval ages, and it's easy to understand.

gaboloth
gaboloth
1,613 posts
Peasant

I have thought many times about Gold but for some reason I don't like it. And the newcomers forum would be filled by people asking "how do I spend my gold?"
I still prefer honor.

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

Honor and rep work great, but it seems a bit unoriginal.
If AG had a name that stood out just a little more people would know what site someone is talking about just at the mention of the name of the point system. Like when someone talks about prestige you almost instantly think of Call of Duty. Just my thought, honor and reputation though sound great I like honor.

I don't see how gold would work, it doesn't have much to do with ranking of people, it seems like some sort of indirect weighing of how important someone is and it's seems a little misleading.

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

I prefer reputation.. or something else aside from karma, prestige, gold and honour. Rep is used on many other forums and is a reliable name. Though we should be looking for something especially suited to AG's theme.

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

Personally I'm still partial to karma but between honor or rep I'll take honor any day; if the theme of AG3 will still deal with the middle ages I think it fits better anyway.

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

What about energy? because you get more energy points and become more powerful and respected. (I prefer honor or reputation mine was just an option)

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

When I think of energy, I think more of vitality or hit points..

XXAlienGirlXX
XXAlienGirlXX
810 posts
Nomad

I think that it would be much better for everyone to have a number of Yin Yang points on their profile; Yin being positive points towards you, and yang being negative points towards you. Your overall points would add up to a title which describes whether you are a grumpy old troll who lives under Knights umbrella or some flawless anti spammer.
If you dont like that idea, how about justification points?

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

Someone already suggested Pride and prejudiced this was cormyn's repsonse.

I see what you did there. Ideally, we want a single word, and we don't really want to give users a reason to *want* to make their karma negative, like an alignment system where someone *wants* to be "chaotic evil."

I have to agree with corymn on that. It would be cool to have the different names for negative and positive pts, but then it would give people a reason to be negative and troll and what not.
XXAlienGirlXX
XXAlienGirlXX
810 posts
Nomad

but then it would give people a reason to be negative and troll and what not.

But there would also be cons to being a troll like every time you post you must wait a longer portion of time. So nobody would want to be a troll, and it would just specify who those people are. >
Showing 121-135 of 156