ForumsNews and FeedbackDo you have an idea for AG3? Put it on GetSatisfaction!

38 28253
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Hey everyone,

We created this forum on October 4th, and today we're probably going to pass 2,500 messages. Personally, I'm jazzed that so many of you have spoken up and have shared some --awesome-- ideas.

We're quickly approaching the closed beta phase of AG3, where our hand-selected people will be able to log in soon and see what we've been working on, and we'll also be setting up our beta sign-in page for the rest of you to sign up.

To assist us from this point forward, we'd like everyone to start using our Get Satisfaction site for any new suggestions or ideas.

You can register a free account there, and you can discuss topics to your heart's content. You'll be able to vote on ideas you really want, and share your opinions on ideas as well.

Once you have an account at Get Satisfaction, you can visit http://www.getsatisfaction.com/armorgames and click on the "share an idea tab", write in your suggestion, and click the Continue button. It will look similar to this:
http://iandouglas.com/EishohQueer3uachoo6Aesuhuk6le5.png

The Get Satisfaction site will check to see if anyone else has suggested something similar already, to help us cut down on the number of duplicate posts.

If some of you want to take the initiative to start moving some of our suggestions from this forum and put them on Get Satisfaction, that would be a HUGE help to us too.

• 38 Replies
ArmorL3gend
ArmorL3gend
239 posts
Peasant

I'm confused, can you tell me whats the difference between Beta AG3 and live AG3 :/

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

I'm confused, can you tell me whats the difference between Beta AG3 and live AG3 :/

The beta release will be mostly stable but we might run into a few glitches or problems which we then report. Once the site is up and running great then AG3 will go live (armorgames.com will bring you to AG3).

I believe =p
1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

Beta AG3 is where only a few (or maybe more) people test out the site and use all the cool features before anyone else does. Live AG3 is where everyone can access AG3 just like how you're on AG2 right now.
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Once the backgrounds for AG3 sign-up is voted up on a deadline. And if you did get picked, you will "test" it and you'll be a AG3 Beta Tester. It's where you take a sneak peek around the new site. And if you can see any glitches, bugs, or anything, tell the staff, comment about it, make suggestions. Do anything you can to improve the new site.

And just AG3 is the officially the new site.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

The beta signup page contest is over and we'll have the sign-up page set up live in the next week or two.

ArmorL3gend
ArmorL3gend
239 posts
Peasant

The beta signup page contest is over and we'll have the sign-up page set up live in the next week or two.

Cool! I can't wait!
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

If you could somehow come up with a way to monitor comment submition below games, it would prove useful as a lot of people say "ro;giherughukrbguiob" or "good" which to me don't seem worthy of AP as they don't offer any constructive or moral feedback to the games creator(s).

Or just better yet, have a character or word limit.
Requires at least 100 characters for a comment to go through or something? I mean, if people really wanted to spam, they'd put goodgoodgoodgood etc. 100 times, making it MUCH easier to spot for mods, and it would force SOME users to actually give effort in their comments.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

My counter argument to that is: smaller comment sizes are easier to spot. If everyone has to put in 100+ characters, it wouldn't be as easy to spot spam; Theory 12 of Armorgaming is that mods skim. A lot.

Secretmapper
Secretmapper
1,748 posts
Nomad

what about the idea way back when about putting timer before making a comment? Oh and the idea that the armatar exploit befixed

Koshionos
Koshionos
884 posts
Jester

Truthfully it would be better to set rollover ads away from the games, rollover ads have a nasty habit of getting in my way.

runnerrunner
runnerrunner
3 posts
Nomad

I think some new games, with the same kind of game like Exit Path, but more entertaining

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Hi Runnerrunner!

When we are thinking of ideas for AG3, we are thinking of ideas for the website itself--the community, the page where you play games, your profile, etc. Any game-related ideas can be given to a game maker if you know where to go and if you ask nicely

If you're curious, here's (mostly) what we got so far:

Blackwolves990
Blackwolves990
331 posts
Shepherd

we can make a game of the week, to make know more, the old game lost in AG like (Bee Dodger, hanging around, glassclimber and Hot Air)

5hadowles5
5hadowles5
93 posts
Nomad

the ability to block or just keep specific users from interacting with you in any way

JABZ321
JABZ321
3 posts
Nomad

the ability to remove all ads from the page when a game is playing

Showing 16-30 of 38