ForumsNews and FeedbackExclusive groups

25 7339
Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

Maybe on AG3, there could be exclusive benefits for frequent users. There could be groups only the top members had access to, or threads that only they could see. They could have more voting power, etc.

• 25 Replies
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

That would be excellent, thanks Ian! I would still like to see +/- stuff in the forum though

Except...we're supposed to be talking about exclusive groups lol X-P

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Agreed. We've already said that groups will be added at a later point after AG3 launches, and someone else brought up an idea discussed several weeks ago about letting high-score users have access to a hidden forum, which we said we'd consider.

Back on topic, or we can lock the thread.

Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

[quote=Cormyn]about letting high-score users have access to a hidden forum, which we said we'd consider.[/quote]
That's actually what I meant in a nutshell. That might have even been me that made that thread :P

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Well, since this topic is back up (lol), can there possibly be a way in which you can toggle out members' activity streams in the groups or have separate areas just for a group's AS? If you pair this up with regular followers/friends, it can be near impossible to read them all without them being hidden. When the feature of groups actually comes into play, of course :P

domecraft
domecraft
333 posts
Nomad

That'd be cool if you could join certain groups made specifically for certain things(programming, gaming tips, etc.)

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

I was just thinking that it would be cool if you were able to join exclusive groups once you were on the site for so long.

Joe96, I hear what you're saying. We've had a lot of dormant users on the site, though, so automatically adding users based on length of membership could get messy. We'd almost have to track how many days you've been "active" on AG3, like playing games, leaving comments, etc. But that might get a little hard for us to program into the site because we'd be writing TONS of tracking information.

That'd be cool if you could join certain groups made specifically for certain things(programming, gaming tips, etc.)

I agree, but some of those kinds of groups may need an "official AG ____ group" for things like programmers, game developers, etc, so we don't end up with 10,000 groups about Flash development, and another 10,000 groups about some political point of view, etc. It would get too difficult for users to find groups, etc. It's one of the most frustrating things I find about Facebook -- anyone can create a "group" about any topic and start inviting people to it, but that allows for a million "Justin Beiber" groups, etc. Bleh.

All of that aside, I'm confused what you wrote, Frank:
be a way in which you can toggle out members' activity streams in the groups or have separate areas just for a group's AS? If you pair this up with regular followers/friends, it can be near impossible to read them all without them being hidden.

Can you explain this a little bit more?
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Well if a guy looks on his dashboard and sees the activity stream of his followees, his friends, AND his group members, it can get chaotic, especially if the group has a high count. So I was thinking you could make a separate section for group AS's or toggle the activity stream on/off.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Okay, so you want to see separate activity streams for each category of relationship then... I'll mention it to Larry.

Answerer39
Answerer39
49 posts
Nomad

Well I guess then everyone who is interested in creating Groups/Clans will have to level up quicker eh?

Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

Well if a guy looks on his dashboard and sees the activity stream of his followees, his friends, AND his group members...

Maybe there could be tabs to toggle who's activity you are viewing?
...it can get chaotic

Yeah, but maybe there could be some sort of ticker which could push the activity feed horizontally like in the stock markets.
Showing 16-25 of 25