ForumsNews and FeedbackAG3 Calendar: November 8, 2010

344 48648
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

On November 8th, 2010, the following will happen:

1. Our closed beta process will begin in the morning
Our closed beta users have already been chosen. Chances are excellent that if you haven't already heard from us by now on an official basis, you won't be in the closed beta. The closed beta group will help with some core testing, which may be as boring as following a list of instructions or a list of things to test for functionality. Their testing will last as long as it takes to get some basic portions of the site working 100% perfectly. Only then will we start the open beta.

2. Our open beta sign-up page will go live sometime between 10am and 6pm
The public beta sign-up page will be at http://beta.armorgames.com/. On that page, you'll only need to enter your Email address. I highly recommend you use the same Email address as your AG2 account, so we can synchronize your account settings easier, and it won't make sense to register multiple Email accounts because beta testers who do not reply to their invite codes will get dropped from the beta. We will not manually add anyone to the list. If you want in, you have to add yourself. I expect it will be some time in the morning, United States Pacific (California) time, but we might need longer to get everything synchronized.

3. We will send out messages on Twitter letting people know that AG3 Beta is starting
I highly recommend you follow these Twitter accounts for updates:
- @armorgames - this is the official Armor Games twitter feed where we announce new games being released, but we'll also announce on here when the beta sign-up page is live. I don't know how much else we'll say on this Twitter account about the beta.
- @cormyn - this is my personal Twitter account (well, one of them), where I will be posting information about the beta process once we get started. I expect to be pretty verbose about what we're working on, things that are working, etc.

We'll probably tell our closed beta users not to say too much publicly about AG3 until someone from AG says it first.

We don't expect the closed beta to go on very long before we start inviting people who signed up after the 8th.

• 344 Replies
Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

A mbitious
R iveting
M edieval
O n-going
R oaring

G erbil
A rousing
M astery
E lysian
S uperabundance

3 ...ee

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

I think the blog post just went up

Yep, and someone in the office needs to get picked on, cause this is the first line.

Our frist release of the AGv3 Private Beta is live.

/grammarnazism
escartian
escartian
780 posts
Nomad

I sent my email (somehow as of right now with the amount of school work I do not feel as excited about this as I once was...)

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

Nobody cared. Went to all that effort too

escartian
escartian
780 posts
Nomad

[quote]Ambitious
Riveting
Medieval
Ornamental
Roaring

Great
Arousing
Masterfully made
Exciting
Simple

Version
Tree
of ARMOR GAMES
My version...
Hey that is not true.

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

A mbitious
R iveting
M edieval
O n-going
R oaring

G erbil
A rousing
M astery
E lysian
S uperabundance

3 ...ee

The real one.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

It's indeed random and eccentric, but produced some chuckles. You guys are nuts! XD

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

Larry needs to be ridiculed for his spelling fail >.>

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

Apparently Knight_34 is in the closed BETA. Yay I suppose.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

someone in the office needs to get picked on

That would be Larry. The guy's a guru programmer and great with graphics. Spelling, grammar ... not so much. Best team lead I've ever worked under though.
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

How is Knight in the beta? Didn't Cormyn tell us only two 'normal' users made it into the closed BETA?

gtfawjkjg
gtfawjkjg
1,126 posts
Nomad

How is Knight in the beta? Didn't Cormyn tell us only two 'normal' users made it into the closed BETA?

Its because nowadays when people say 'Normal', it means random choice, because nowadays people are more stupid and think its gonna ALWAYS be around the average. We're just lucky the Admins didn't put any inactive people on the "Normal List". They probably programmed this.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

Apparently Knight_34 is in the closed BETA. Yay I suppose.

Nope, just me and DayCee in there. I hear he signed up for OPEN beta though
knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

Uh? I did sign up for open beta, but I received a code for closed beta. I have the proof.

Image Here

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

Well, would ya look at that! A genuine code from a genuine web developer. Welcome aboard Knight!

Showing 316-330 of 344