ForumsWEPRCelebrities in the Media

25 5274
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

I just wanted to hear your guys take on this. What do you think about celebrities in the media? I think its sad when half of the news stories you see on some websites are about celebrities. "Britney's Children Are Taken Away", "Bush Cancels Event After Ledger's Death", "Ringo Walks Off Regis". Angelina couldn't take her children to school without getting shot by a paparazzi. If an actress gets caught without makeup on, for shame!

I know that when people become celebrities, the life that you live is going to be exposed to the media to a certain extent. But my question is, do you think the media goes to far?

• 25 Replies
RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,202 posts
Farmer

oh yes, I remember that one...things get out of had when it comes to these people...I don't get why they would do all of that to get a measily picture

However like I've said before, if we ever needed some dang good snipers, all the best paparazzi could definatly make the cut

Green12324
Green12324
4,097 posts
Peasant

Yes, I think the media goes way to far, celebrities can't have a private life without having it all spilled all over the front page of a magazine. They really need to back off.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Yea, we should take them all and make them snipers in the military. That would be a much better use

Lennywins
Lennywins
130 posts
Nomad

It's too bad so many people get worked up about a few people with way more money than they should have. Seriously, why do these celebrities get paid so much? Something should be done to filter money out of their salaries and back into the economy, or even to charities.

notataco
notataco
189 posts
Nomad

i completely agree with Lenny.
plus the celebreties just blow there money on on fancy crap to brag and look all cool.

Skipper8656568
Skipper8656568
324 posts
Peasant

YEs but when people become that famous they should expect that except Harper Lee see disappeared.

LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
2,269 posts
Jester

Yes I belive that the media goes to far! I mean the celebrity/s should be able to not be spotted atlest once, and sometimes you have to wounder, are they doing it on purpose? I mean what if some of the celebritys like the spot light so much that they risk there own lives and anyone closeto them just for the number one story? And yeah the media takes things to far, but the celecbritys can do something about it can't they?

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,058 posts
Blacksmith

I think we all perpetuate it though.... why are we so obsessed with their lives? So someone is a good actor and lives in a cool house, why do I care? I don't really, but there are tons of people out there who buy the magazines that make it so these celebrities are always stalked. Aside from having a ton of money (for the most part) they are the same as us, they have the same moods and depression and happinesses as we do. I don't care what this person is wearing, or what that person's children are doing...

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

I've got a speculative statement- it's simplistic, and it's incomplete, but I'm going to forward it as food for thought:

Celebrity obsession is, in this secular world, a form of idol-worship to accompany the empty god of material wealth.
SkullZero1
SkullZero1
511 posts
Nomad

Media always goes too far. I don't and I don't know why people care about what celebritys do out side their career, i dont care if an actor is eating at dunken donuts at 2:00 in the morning! Its creepy if you do care! Anyone who actually cares about this s*** IS considered a stalker! What i dont mind people caring about is if a good actor is going to be in a new show or movie, that kind of thing that actually relates to work and not their personal life is ok. You guys should be just as interested in what a random hobo does in 2:00 in the morning then a celebrity, truth is, you shouldn't care and somethings wrong with you if you do.

Showing 16-25 of 25