ForumsWEPRCelebrities in the Media

25 5270
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

I just wanted to hear your guys take on this. What do you think about celebrities in the media? I think its sad when half of the news stories you see on some websites are about celebrities. "Britney's Children Are Taken Away", "Bush Cancels Event After Ledger's Death", "Ringo Walks Off Regis". Angelina couldn't take her children to school without getting shot by a paparazzi. If an actress gets caught without makeup on, for shame!

I know that when people become celebrities, the life that you live is going to be exposed to the media to a certain extent. But my question is, do you think the media goes to far?

• 25 Replies
Eshploded
Eshploded
469 posts
Nomad

Well, from my opinion, I guess they do ruin lives a bit, but its at the celebrities fault for continuing. It is possible for celebrities to get most of the paparazzi off their back, but for some reason they continue to do things that attract enough attention to be the headline of some website. Sometimes its unavoidable, but its at a smaller portion of a fullscale media barrage like the one on Britney. Hell, you hardly see celebrities like Will Smith with some strange gossip or on a driving rampage.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

I agree with you. But do you think that Britney for example, would be as dysfunctional as she is now if she wasn't always plastered all over the news stands?

Eshploded
Eshploded
469 posts
Nomad

She started by attracting attention (I'm not sure, I think I was 8 or 9) because she wanted it, she just didn't have any foresight to see how much attention she was going to get and how she was going to be affected when she is under constant surveillance (who the media targets is quite predictable). I think if she didn't get the attention she wanted after trying to get it, she would hurt herself anyways.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

I think that poperazzi should be illegal when it goes as far as following people around all day. I am surprised that it is not illegal to do that since it IS an invasion of privacy and in most cases would be illegal.

If there is an unstable murderer and you throw rocks at him knowing what hes capable of doing and he kills you... then your just as much the blame. Same goes for the paperazzi, if they bother people as unstable as Britney, then they are jsut as much the blame.

If I was ever famous, I would carry a crowbar around and if someoen is takign pics of me that I dont want or filming me when they shouldnt I would destroy their equipment.

Sure, they would take me to court for destruction of property, but I would countersue for invasion of privacy. If Micheal Jackson can win in court after the things he has done, I am sure I would also be able to win in court.

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,202 posts
Farmer

there's a reason they're called 'stalkerazzi'...I do believe it should be illegal, but have you seen the way they get pictures sometimes? They could practically be snipers with those cameras and since they hide, half of the time the star doesn't even know his/her pictures being taken

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

The way I see it is these stars that are in the media light don't do anything about it. They make themselves to accessible. You have all that money, so pay someone to go to the grocery store for you. I guarantee if I had the money they did, I could disappear for a while til it died down. They are there because they want to be.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Or they could just hire a driver, so they don't get caught for drunk driving. Seems to happen a lot lately. And it seems so easy to prevent.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

It does, but I think all that lime light must psychologically mess people up... It almost seems like a nightmare.

Zihark
Zihark
309 posts
Nomad

Yes, it does. Some celebrities can't even walk to their car from so much media, it just makes their lives harder for no apparent reason.

cykotic_gamer_
cykotic_gamer_
153 posts
Nomad

i think paperazzis should have a limit i mean they go way overboard sometimes i think everybody needs privacy every once and a while.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

I read in the news a couple of weeks ago that 4 paparazzis got pulled over for unsafe driving while tailing Britney Spears. I thought that was super cool. Maybe it will teach some of them a lesson!

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,202 posts
Farmer

of course, the thing is it isn't illegal to do that stuff, and they don't get caught...they get paid to not get caght and take a really good picture so their paper or whatever gets the most money

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,202 posts
Farmer

-srry for double posting-
any1 remember that one time when the news rammed(forgot the name)'s car and they all crashed? they still do it, if that didn't teach em a lesson, then that won't

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Some of it is illegal. Right to privacy and all. But when they cause public disturbances and drive recklessly trying to get a picture of someone, that is definitely against the law.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Princess Diana... that was such a tragedy.

Showing 1-15 of 25