ForumsNews and FeedbackPublic (Open) Beta Schedule

82 17042
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

After our webdev meeting, we've decided on some "open beta" dates and some other information.

November 22nd will be our next beta software release. It'll happen similar to how we rolled out the beta sign-up page, some time between 10am and 6pm California time. (We're currently -8 hours from UTC/GMT)

When we do that software release, a few things will happen:

1. More features will be added to the site for our closed beta users, including bug fixes. We'll actually have games to play!

2. A bulk newsletter will be sent to all users who signed up for the beta, letting them know what we've been working on.

3. Some quantity of users will receive their invite codes. We don't know how many we'll send out yet, or whether we'll "throttle" the Email setup to send them out over several days or all at once. They will be sent to users in the order they signed up, and we will not manually activate any additional users.

Once we send out this quantity of invite codes, other users will need to wait until our next software release (scheduled for Dec 6th) when we'll send out another quantity of invite codes.

One more note about the closed beta, since I've been seeing some questions about it: We are not adding any more users to the closed beta. Moderators have no extra powers when it comes to the beta, so please don't bother them with requests. Similarly, they have no way to control who gets an invite code or not during the upcoming software releases.

Questions?

• 82 Replies
Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

I signed up yesterday for the beta. Just to clarify, I'll get a code in a few days, right?

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

From the period of time now to Open beta, there will be no extra features added to Closed beta?

samdawghomie
samdawghomie
3,551 posts
Peasant

Now I just have to wait 2 weeks. *tap, tap, tap*

We'll actually have games to play!

I am very, very, curious to see what the new game page looks like.
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Guess you're right Freak... but that's ok, we (read: 'I' have posted enough thoughts about the homepage already that can occupy them now... :P

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

I am very, very, curious to see what the new game page looks like.

I could post a screenshot of it... nah... let's hold on to that a little while longer!
Mystery makes for more excitement, believe me: I KNOW! LOL
leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

I signed up late.

Just wondering will people with more rep and have been on the AG community a while and helping AG 3.0 (Frank, Knight, etc) have a bigger chance of getting in beta?

Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

Just wondering will people with more rep and have been on the AG community a while and helping AG 3.0 (Frank, Knight, etc) have a bigger chance of getting in beta?

I hope so...still waiting for an invite code :P
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

Those that signed up in beta first will get there first.
[quote=Ian]They will be sent to users in the order they signed up[/quote]
...So it doesn't matter who the user is.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

[quote=Joe96]igned up yesterday for the beta. Just to clarify, I'll get a code in a few days, right?[/quote]
No, you'll have to wait until at least Nov 22.

[quote=Freakenstein]now to Open beta, there will be no extra features added to Closed beta?[/quote]
I imagine there might be. We'll have to see.

[quote=samdawghomie]curious to see what the new game page looks like[/quote]
Well I'd finish building it if I didn't have all these questions to answer ;o)

[quote=leo99rules]I signed up late.[/quote]
Chances are good that everyone who has signed up in the past 24 hours will get into the second phase of the beta (the open beta). We've only had like 400-500 users sign up.

[quote=leo99rules]will people with more rep and have been on the AG community a while and helping AG 3.0 (Frank, Knight, etc) have a bigger chance of getting in beta[/quote]
No. Invite codes are sent out in the order that you signed up.

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

Invite codes are sent out in the order that you signed up.

YES! That makes me almost mildly glad I was staying home sick. I was wondering if games load up quicker/smoother in beta?
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

Right now, there are no games playable, but in Open beta, there may be, hinting from the OP.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

wondering if games load up quicker/smoother in beta?

They don't load at all at the moment. I'm working on that as we speak.
vance199510
vance199510
32 posts
Nomad

HHHMMM I'm no expert on this but when the games don't load at all it would seem to be a problem. just sayin.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

[quote=Beta release notes]just because a feature is missing does not mean it's a bug (we may have not gotten to that feature yet!).[/quote]

No clue if that reply was hinting at a joke, but...yeah, there can't be bugs of something that hasn't been rolled out to use yet :-/

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

Are the games even there or are there just massive blank pages?

Showing 1-15 of 82