ForumsNews and FeedbackRetirement Page

19 4948
Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

This is kind of half a thought but, for all the old users to AG2 what if there was a link on their AG3 account that said something like "Retired Profile". Users could click the link and it would show a screen cap (or just there post, comments, rankings, etc.) of there final AG2 profiles (Maybe some sort of water mark behind it that would say retired so people know it has nothing to do with AG3).

Just a way for old AG2 members to remember their old profiles and feel nostalgia when they click the link to see their old profile.

• 19 Replies
MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

Why not just stick a link to your old profile in your new profile's about?

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

Well if they did this, I would change my profile to sya something extremly vulgar, because that would be hillarious.

Which is a good reason for them not to do this. Having your Ag2 points on there might not be bad.

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

Well, they could just make it so no text shows up. Something like this.

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/2038/19538511.jpg

The bio wouldn't show. And no extra details, so you couldn't put something vulgar. Although it might take too longer to archive all the profiles and to much space on the server etc.

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

What's the point?

Just post "retired"/"quit" on your bio. Simple as that.

cptbignuts12
cptbignuts12
709 posts
Nomad

yeah i guess you can do that. but the other one looks better

Matrix159
Matrix159
337 posts
Nomad

It would be to much of a hassle to go to every single profile and change it to retired...

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

I would change my profile to sya something extremly vulgar, because that would be hillarious.

And get you perma-banned...

We're working on a way to list your AG2 stats on AG3, like your old points value, number of comments, forum posts, etc.. But, I don't think we'll do anything as elaborate as auto-creating a 'retired profile' page, especially since AG2 will no longer be available to users once we move to AG3.

Of course, you'll be welcome to take your own screenshots before AG3 goes live, and post a link from your AG3 profile (as long as your AG2 profile doesn't show anything against our rules, of course).
KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

sounds like a nice thered to make Ian, when AG3 comes out of corse. as Ian said

We're working on a way to list your AG2 stats on AG3, like your old points value, number of comments, forum posts, etc.. But, I don't think we'll do anything as elaborate as auto-creating a 'retired profile' page, especially since AG2 will no longer be available to users once we move to AG3.

sounds good enough to me. to do all that "atuo page save, modify and all is just to much!
1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

Nice idea, except maybe just put "RETIRED" in bold and is big font at the top of their page. Having the giant diagonal "Retired" is a bit annoying to the eyes.

Cormyn's idea is fine though. Having your AG2 stats on your AG3 profile.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

A simple solution would be to look up your 'old AG2 profile' when AG3 goes live through use of google cache... It helped me once, when I accidentally erased my profile's about!

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

Google cache... I got to try that sometime.

You could also do like Cormyn said and just screencap the profile and a date close to the launch of AG3 so when the AG2 profiles go you will still have a picture of it.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Agreed, that is definitely an option, but.........
...have you seen my profile? Have a look!
There's so much data in it, that when I zoom out completely to get it on a screencap as a whole, it looks like a thin coloured line! LOL XD

That's no option for me then...

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

I got one for ya!

You can zoom in on that one. I removed certain info and blurred it.

1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

Nice.

Anyway it would be so much easier if you just see the BIG and BOLDED font at the top of the user's page. Or there could be a drop down menu somewhere in your control panel saying "Active", "Inactive", "Hiatus", "Retired". And then it would show up on your about in BIG and BOLDED font at the top.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

O_O @DayCee pic

Nah, there's pretty much nothing to this idea for what you could do yourself. Close your comments and say at the top that you're retired and tired of AG. Come back if you miss us. It's really that simple

Showing 1-15 of 19