ForumsPopular MediaLord of the Rings

26 4724
nesanelf
nesanelf
560 posts
Nomad

im not sure if we're allowed to write not AG-related forum topics but watever. I LOVE lord of the rings and im also a HUGE star wars fan, but whoever wants to talk about LOTR talk here.

• 26 Replies
Hypermnestra
Hypermnestra
26,390 posts
Nomad

Video games?
This would probably go in popular media, actually.
Also; yeah, you're allowed to talk about non-AG related topics as long as it's not advertising.
I've read the Hobbit and liked it, but never got around to reading past the Twin Towers, and I don't even remember the Fellowship. It[Fellowship] was too boring.

SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

the fellowship just really had a lot of the information to set up for the books to come, which is why it was so boring.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

lol the fellowship was actually my favorite lord of the rings XD

lightcrux
lightcrux
622 posts
Peasant

I'm a huge fan of the LOTR franchise, it is my favourite novel after all!

moonbeam
moonbeam
43 posts
Nomad

Tom Bombadil is awesome. I like the books so much.

nesanelf
nesanelf
560 posts
Nomad

I hated the books they were too boring except for the Twin Towers so I forgot about them, and then my friend who's a huge lotr fan showed me the movies and ever since im obssesed.

eatmydust166
eatmydust166
923 posts
Peasant

The movies where my favorite. The movies were wonderful. They had wonderful acting and and great actors made the movie so much easier to get into. The directing was pretty much perfect and the writing was done great so that you can get to see deep into the characters point of view and story. I think the story is easy to get into and that it was one of the best trilogies I seen.
I too enjoyed the video games which entertained me for awhile and still do. I only wish there was just a little more added to the video games.
I too enjoyed reading the books due to the great writing and story telling by the author. It made me get into some forms of reading. The only downside I found in the reading is that some moments were left boring and without life, but overall was very enjoyable, as I have stated before.
I don't know what else more that I can say, but that I really enjoyed the whole LOTR franchise, except some minor parts that don't really matter.
PS: Sorry about the long post, but I have alot to say, due to I enjoyed it. lol

rc1997
rc1997
37 posts
Peasant

i love lord of the rings... i still watch it every couple months. They spent billions of dollars creating it so that we could watch it over and over. I love LOTR!!!

nesanelf
nesanelf
560 posts
Nomad

I'm not sure what and why, but Legolas just attracts me, i just feel like a pull to him. He's definitely my favorite character. my favorite part of lotr is when Legolas(or Aragorn, i forgot) shouted at the elf archers at helm's deep and said something like "there are gaps under the arms and knees" and how the elf army walked exactly at the same time. they drew their bow at the same time, they took steps at the same time-watever it was COOL!

cptbignuts12
cptbignuts12
709 posts
Nomad

You shall not paass!!
I like that.

Star Wars is awesome too. I like the Cone wars era

Strongbow
Strongbow
324 posts
Nomad

JRR Tolkien was a master at storytelling. His books are absolutely wonderful. Not bragging, but here's what I have in my library of his:
-Hobbit
-LOTR
-Silmarillion
-Leaf by Niggle
-The Homecoming of Beorhtnoth
-The Adventures of Tom Bombadil

I also have the History of Middle Earth, though that is a compelation gathered by his son, Christopher.

I'm a bit of a Tolkien junkie...hehe

assassin89
assassin89
1,303 posts
Nomad

i love the films and the books i cant wait till the hobbit comes out. My fav character is either Gimli or Legolas i cant decide they are both cool.

assassin89
assassin89
1,303 posts
Nomad

There are so many epic quotes and scenes but i love the bit when Legolas climbs on that Mumakil (is that how its spelt?) that scene is awsome.

Faunbard
Faunbard
650 posts
Nomad

that was cool but i like it when the orcs seige that one stronghold.
That was epic

ArmorL3gend
ArmorL3gend
239 posts
Peasant

In around 2012 "The Hobbit" film will come out, it's going to be an awesome film!

Showing 1-15 of 26