ForumsPopular MediaLord of the Rings

26 4568
nesanelf
nesanelf
560 posts
Nomad

im not sure if we're allowed to write not AG-related forum topics but watever. I LOVE lord of the rings and im also a HUGE star wars fan, but whoever wants to talk about LOTR talk here.

• 26 Replies
parrot657
parrot657
896 posts
Nomad

Incredible films. Amazing books.

Can't wait for the Hobbit :3. The book is great too. TLOTR is by far my favorite book and movie saga.

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

Elves. Mwahahahahahahahaha they FRIGGIN ROCK
SO of course, Legolas is my favorite! I love it when he and my favorite dwarf fight over how many people they have killed.
"It only counts as one!" xD
Aragorn just seemed waaaaaayyy to Main main character to me. Like he was THE focus of the secondary focus. Why couldn't we have a little background on the other characters eh?

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

Why couldn't we have a little background on the other characters eh?

Because Tolkien pulled something off in his books that is almost impossible to do on screen, which is have two main plots running at once. Mind you it's hard to wrtie that as well, but he did it.
MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

I know but still, the other characters need some type of background, not just a meeting where they say WHY they are going to go.

logantheking
logantheking
254 posts
Scribe

The books are really good, my favorite was the Hobbit

assassin89
assassin89
1,303 posts
Nomad

Oh i also love the scene in the return of the king when pipin is singing and faramiar and all his soldiers are riding off to fight. It makes me well up every single time i watch it.

SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

Because Tolkien pulled something off in his books that is almost impossible to do on screen, which is have two main plots running at once. Mind you it's hard to wrtie that as well, but he did it.

agreed.

[quote]I know but still, the other characters need some type of background, not just a meeting where they say WHY they are going to go.

Have you read the book?[/quote]

I think i'll have to ask the same thing...
and actually, in fact, the stories behind Legolas and Gimli are rooted in the Hobbit. Gimli is Gloin's son, one of the surviving Dwarves that travelled with Bilbo, and Legolas is of the Wood Elves, who also make up part of The Hobbit
nesanelf
nesanelf
560 posts
Nomad

I wish they had a little more Ranger (what Aragorn was) stuff in the books and movies. And yeah I liked the "You Shall Not Pass" part too. and by the way does anyone have LOTR BFME 2 Xbox360?

assassin89
assassin89
1,303 posts
Nomad

and by the way does anyone have LOTR BFME 2 Xbox360?

i do those games are awsome i hope they make a no. 3 do you think they r gunna?
nesanelf
nesanelf
560 posts
Nomad

no i dont think they'll make a 3rd one. and by the way assasin, do you know any other xbox360 lotr games other than bfme2, conquest, and this other M-rated game which i cant play.

nesanelf
nesanelf
560 posts
Nomad

actually, i don't know if that counts, there's an expansion called "The rise of the witch King" and is pretty awesome.

Anyway the first battle for the middle earth is for me the best one for the campaign mode, i love the idea of keeping your soldiers through all the story and make them powerful.

Is it like BFME 2 with evil and good campaign? How much does it cost?
Showing 16-26 of 26