ForumsNews and FeedbackAG3 Calendar: November 22, 2010

249 36836
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Hey everyone, quick update on what's happening next Monday, November 22, 2010. All times are Pacific Standard Time, which is where Los Angeles, California is.

At 9am, I'll be marking all beta registrations to receive their invite codes later in the day. Any beta registrations that come in after 9am will have to wait for our week 3 release on December 6th.

We'll be rolling out some changes to the live beta site and verifying that the code works as intended and doing lots of internal testing.

In the afternoon, when we feel the code base is tested enough, we'll send a newsletter to all users who registered for the beta, even after the 9am cutoff. This newsletter will explain more about what we've been working on, what's in the new release, that sort of thing.

Once that newsletter is sent, I'll work on getting invite codes sent out to everyone who registered before 9am that day, and those users can begin helping with what we'll be calling our "open beta." The Email you'll receive with your invite code will explain what we need from you as beta testers.

It's important to note up front that several things will seem "missing" from the site, such as the forums, leaving comments, rating the games, that sort of thing. Some user profile settings may be available, but as we've already explained, changes you make on beta may get overwritten if you change your AG2 profile later.

The full details of what's going in the beta release, and what major pieces of the site are still missing will be detailed in the newsletter.

Other than questions of "what's in the release" or "what's missing from the release", are there any questions about the process or what will be happening next Monday?

• 249 Replies
Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

It worked for the other guy.

Someone called?!
Changing your password worked BETA instead of changing your about.
Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

Which one? About or password?

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

he site was really fast for mine too, but now it is getting really slow.... But not too slow.

Same here but I've been using my computer for quite a while now so it's common.
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Contact Cormyn by email, or catch him on. He'll help you out.

xgeogander
xgeogander
193 posts
Nomad

My armory does not work too , i can only get in to Profile / Privacy

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

That's the only part that's been coded, it's not a bug, it's rather a lack of features.

I've found several bugs however and I have a few suggestions but I'm far too lazy to post them on Get Satisfaction >_>

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

or nobody cant change armatar and see favorite games?

No one will be able to as the administrators will only give you segments to test.
xgeogander
xgeogander
193 posts
Nomad

That's the only part that's been coded, it's not a bug, it's rather a lack of features

Oh yeah , he he he , i did not notice . I wonder when will those feature out , i'm really Excited
1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

If you can't get to the Beta site, first type in your email. Then type in your code manually making sure there aren't any extra spaces.

beholderslayer
beholderslayer
96 posts
Nomad

I just noticed, there isn't a way to rate games. I'm I just missing something, or what?

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

. I wonder when will those feature out

Patience, it will come out soon. The date of the new features release is unknown at the moment.
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,746 posts
King

I just noticed, there isn't a way to rate games. I'm I just missing something, or what?

That's still disabled for now 'beholderslayer', it will be enabled during one of the next feature releases coming soon... all in due time!

Patience, it will come out soon. The date of the new features release is unknown at the moment.

Actually... it is already known vinster132... it's on the 6th of December 2010!
Have a look at this thread about the next feature release date!
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

o.O 6th of December not that far away ,well im just happy to be on the beta its really nice

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,746 posts
King

o.O 6th of December not that far away

Correctomundo... cormyn stated before that the feature releases will be activated on the beta site with a cycle of approximately two weeks at a time, so... next one is set for 6th of December! =)
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Actually... it is already known vinster132... it's on the 6th of December 2010!
Have a look at this thread about the next feature release date!

Ohhh...well sorry, I didn't see it. D:
Showing 211-225 of 249