ForumsNews and FeedbackAG3 Calendar: November 22, 2010

249 36739
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Hey everyone, quick update on what's happening next Monday, November 22, 2010. All times are Pacific Standard Time, which is where Los Angeles, California is.

At 9am, I'll be marking all beta registrations to receive their invite codes later in the day. Any beta registrations that come in after 9am will have to wait for our week 3 release on December 6th.

We'll be rolling out some changes to the live beta site and verifying that the code works as intended and doing lots of internal testing.

In the afternoon, when we feel the code base is tested enough, we'll send a newsletter to all users who registered for the beta, even after the 9am cutoff. This newsletter will explain more about what we've been working on, what's in the new release, that sort of thing.

Once that newsletter is sent, I'll work on getting invite codes sent out to everyone who registered before 9am that day, and those users can begin helping with what we'll be calling our "open beta." The Email you'll receive with your invite code will explain what we need from you as beta testers.

It's important to note up front that several things will seem "missing" from the site, such as the forums, leaving comments, rating the games, that sort of thing. Some user profile settings may be available, but as we've already explained, changes you make on beta may get overwritten if you change your AG2 profile later.

The full details of what's going in the beta release, and what major pieces of the site are still missing will be detailed in the newsletter.

Other than questions of "what's in the release" or "what's missing from the release", are there any questions about the process or what will be happening next Monday?

• 249 Replies
xgeogander
xgeogander
193 posts
Nomad

I have a question . why there is a codename like broad sword , claymore ETC ? whats it for ?

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

why there is a codename like broad sword , claymore ETC? whats it for?

To sound really cool! As in: "we are good to go with operation broad sword, bring out the big guns".
It also fits in with the medieval theme.
By the way Mods, admins it's past November 22.
xgeogander
xgeogander
193 posts
Nomad

oh yeah , hehe hehehe , sound so cool ..... claymore now ..... is it?

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

ok the beta is great except for a problem on exit path... when u move so fast the flag or checkpoint doesnt register like when im running and pass through a flag it wont work then if i die i gotta restart the level and its on multiplayer

metaking
metaking
64 posts
Farmer

ok the beta is great except for a problem on exit path ... when u move so fast the flag or checkpoint doesn't register like when im running and pass through a flag it wont work then if i die i gotta restart the level and its on multiplayer

that's the game's problem, not the site's.
if the game has a flaw that it doesn't register over "X" speed, then tell the programmer or something.
or at least i think so
KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

thank guy for the clearing up. and well ok! i geuss it sound pretty cool LOL XD.

ok the beta is great except for a problem on exit path... when u move so fast the flag or checkpoint doesnt register like when im running and pass through a flag it wont work then if i die i gotta restart the level and its on multiplayer

that usally is the game (but who nows what could happen!) high speed collition, uhg it is wierd it usally does not work normaly, so some programing programs ethier fix it at the spot atuomaticly or make a second code for high speed collition. so it could be that second code was not put in or a flag error, i don't remember why it happen i think it was that the player object (entity usally) updates ever so many frames per second (FPS) or there is another way but it is not ushaly used in platforming (i think) , and the flag was a hit box and the player does to now if thouse hit boxes touch then "blank" happens and id the player runs super fast it will go update (almost disspear) and then go at the time it go next to the flag it(the player) will be dissapering over and over ,so the hit boxes can't hit and no out come. (rememder i could be wrong that was a "I think", or more like a "i don't remember but i read about it.&quot but there are ways around it all.
Showing 241-246 of 249