ForumsForum GamesDungeons 'n Dragons 3.5 Forgotten Realms Setting

46375 3080234
DesertHyena
DesertHyena
2,886 posts
Peasant

Dungeons & Dragons, the oldest RPG in the world, and also one of the easiest to play/run.This is 3.5 D&D, not 4th edition,The First Adventure I shall be running is called "Crown of the Kobold King" This game is pretty much a "Generic Fantasy RPG" set in the Forbidden Realms (Drizzt the Drow ring any bells?). you start at [b]1st level.

Name:
Player:
AgeAll non-humans live longer, except Half-Orcs)
Sex:
Lookshowever technical you want to get)
Race:Human(extra feat/skill),Dwarf(+2 Con,-2 Cha), Elf(+2 Dex,-2 Con), Gnome(+2 Con,-2 Str),Half-Elf,Half-Orc(+2 Str,-2 Int,-2 Cha), Halfling(+2 Dex,-2 Str)

ClassFighter,Rouge,Wizard,Cleric, or pick one from book, see below)
Level:1
Level Equivalency:2(for level adjustment +1 characters)
Attributes:Strength(Str), Dexterity(Dex),Constitution(Con),Intelligence(Int),Wisdom(Wis),Charisma(Cha)

Attribute Bonusessee below)
all start at 8,25 points(just do 15-18=1 for experienced players, it's pretty balanced)

Saves:Fortitude(Con),Reflex(Dex),Will(Wis) (see below)
Hit points:10(Fighter)8(Cleric)6(Rogue)4(Wizard)+Con Bonus
AttackBase Attack Bonus+Str Bonus(Dex bonus for ranged, see below)
Damagebased on weapon + Str bonus 2-handed x 1.5 Str Bonus, see below)
Armor Class(AC):10+Dex Bonus+Armor+Misc(see below)
Featssee below)
Skillssee below)
Equipment:300 gp and Adventurer's Kit(with everything you need like bedrolls and rations and so on) (see below)

I have a PDF of the Player's Handbook, which I will e-mail to you if you don't have a copy, you don't need to memorize it or anything, but it would help to have it handy for this game.If you want to play another race,then No level adjustments above +1.If you give me a good reason to play a race that's not +1 level adjustment I might let you. If you want a different class, just ask(I know all classes for 3.5).

Rules not Used:
-There is no Armor Class Penalty.
-There is no Encumberence, but please be realistic(no portable rams).
-There will not be any Racial Bonuses to anything other than starting attributes.
-To Simplify the Arcane Check Penalty, Wizards cannot wear armor period.
-all Spells are allowed, but I will only list Evocation spells for Wizards and Healing Spells for Clerics in this forum as they are the most martial spells.

"FOR QUICK-PLAY CHARACTERS!"
Feats-
Your feat(s) will be:
(Fighter)Power Attack(-1 Atk,+1 Dam),Cleave(immediatly take another attack if you kill your target, you will need high Str)
(Rouge)Stealthy(+2 Hide/Move Silently)
(Cleric)Improved Turning(+4 to Turn Result)
(Wizard)Spell Focus: Evocation
(Human)Toughness (+3 HP, this is if your race is human and is in addition to your class feat)

Skills-
Your skills will be equal to 4+mods(I'll handle it), you get 1 bonus skill for every point of Int bonus, your starting skills are:
(Fighter) Intimidate, Heal
(Rogue) Hide, Move Silently, Open Lock, Disable Device,Sense Motive, Bluff, Appraise, Pick Pocket,
(Cleric)Diplomacy,Spellcraft,Knowledge(Religion),Heal
(Wizard)Spellcraft,Knowledge(Arcana)

Equipment-
your starting equipment equipment is:
(Fighter)Greatsword(2-12) or Longsword and Large Steel Shield(+2 AC), Breastplate(+5 AC,Max Dex Bonus +3),and a potion of Cure Light Wounds(1-8+1 hitpoints)
(Rougue)Thieves Tools,Short Sword(1-6),Dagger(1-4),Longbow(1-8, no Str bonus) Studded Leather(+3 AC,Max Dex Bonus +5),
(Cleric)Chainmail(+5 AC +2 Max Dex Bonus), Hvy. Mace(1-8), and 4 potions of Cure Light Wounds(1-8+1)
(Wizard)Spellbook, 4 scrolls of magic missile(1-4+1),4 potion of Cure Light Wounds and Quarterstaff(1-6)
(Halfling/Gnome)Cannot use Large Weapons (Greatsword) and cannot wear or use Large equipment (cannot wear medium creature's armor)

Attribute bonus is equal to +1 for every 2 points above 10.
After you pick your class, race, skills, feats, and equipment I will finish the sheet(saves,attack,AC)
If you have NO idea what i'm talking about, just google D&D or feel free to ask some questions.

• 46,375 Replies
Hypermnestra
Hypermnestra
26,390 posts
Nomad

--------------------Basic Information----------------------
Name: Hyper M. Nest
Player: Hypermnestra
Sex: F
Looks: Nrn.
Race: Human
Class: Paladin
Level: 1
Level Equivalency: 2
Alignment: LG
Deity: The Triad
------Attributes----------
Str: 18
Dex: 15
Con: 16
Int: 12
Wis: 15
Cha: 17
Fort Save: +2(class)
Ref Save:
Will Save:
------------------Equipment-------------------------------
Armor: Chain Shirt[A/S Bonus: +4. Max Dex Bonus: +4. AC Penalty: -2. Arcane Spell Failure Chance: 20%. Weight: 25 lbs.]
Shield: Heavy Steel Shield[Armor/Shield Bonus: +2. AC Penalty: -2. Arcane Spell Failure Chance: 15%. Weight: 15 lbs.]
Weapon: Long Sword[Size: Medium. Damage: 1d8. Critical 19-20x2. Weight: 4 lbs. Type: Slashing.]
Miscellaneous: Bullseye Lantern[3 lbs], 1 Day Trail Rations[1 lb], 1 Bedroll[5 lbs].
-------Feats/Spells/Abilities/Etc.------------
Feats: Aura of Good.
Spells: Detect Evil[AW], Smite Evil[1/D].

Nope, that sounds about right to me.
I like SirNoobalot's formation best, I think that's the one we should use. And I think the Paladin should be in front because of the lantern and the armor. Detect Evil...gimme a second....
According to Player's Handbook, Detect Evil has a 60 ft. radius, so it should be able to detect evil from both the front and back of the party.

DesertHyena
DesertHyena
2,886 posts
Peasant

...Head...Spinning...Everyone...Talking...Same Time...Now...Talking...Like...Shatner
(jk)

Alright, The Ranger is moving foward and "carefully" tracking,The Barbarian is taking point, The Paladin is in the rear, the rogue is behind the Barbarian and the Wizard behind him. Now then, if anyone else posts, READ THIS FIRST!. That should do it, are there any objections?
DesertHyena
DesertHyena
2,886 posts
Peasant

Let's try this one more time, The Ranger is moving foward and "carefully" tracking,The Paladin is taking point, The Barbarian is in the rear, the rogue is behind the Barbarian and the Wizard behind him.

DesertHyena
DesertHyena
2,886 posts
Peasant

the Rogue is behind the "Paladin" and the Wizard behind him
shadowjak135
shadowjak135
413 posts
Nomad

Nope, no problem. I'm jist glad that I'm an hour behind the site, because my parents send me to bed around 9 on school nights... :_( Anyway, Let's go!

Hypermnestra
Hypermnestra
26,390 posts
Nomad

I'm two hours behind the site. I usually go to bed around 10.
Anyway, yeah, let's go talk to the alchemist's place...dangit, what's it called? I know it's got like..."ory" or "ectomy" or something like that it, but I forgot! D:

SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

Name: Luthien Quickbeam
Player: Elf
Sex:M
Looks:Medium-long Blonde hair, 6'3", 100 lbs.
Race:Elf
Class: Ranger
Level Equivalency:1
Attributes:
Strength(Str):15(+2)
Dexterity(Dex):16(+3)
Constitution(Con):10(0)
Intelligence(Int):10(0)
Wisdom(Wis):14(+2)
Charisma(Cha):8(-1)
Saves:Fortitude+2
Reflex+5
Will+2
Hit points:10
Attack:+3(+4 ranged)
Damage:Longsword(1-8+2),Longbow(1-8)
Armor Class(AC):16(18 when using Sword and Shield)
Feats:Favored Enemy(Kobold)+1 to anything involving favored enemy,Point Blank Shot(+1 attack and damage when within 30 ft. of target),Track(use survival to follow tracks)
Skills:Heal,Handle Animal,Ride,Survival,Wild Empathy,
Equipment:Longbow,Longsword,Hvy. Steel Shield,Studded Leather,a potion of Cure Light Wounds(1-8+1) and Adventurer's Kit

Changed my name :O
No. You got the front right, but the wizard and rogue will be walking beside each other, with the Barbarian behind them, taking up the rear.

DesertHyena
DesertHyena
2,886 posts
Peasant

Right then.(sound of dice rolling) as you approach the Halfway House you see a large group of Kobolds attacking it. There appear to be at least 12 of them and 6 more of those "Toads"(see earlier combat). It looks like the house is beginning to burn and the residents are still inside. The mob of kobolds are surrounding the house completely and are as of yet unaware of your movements.

What are going to do?

Hypermnestra
Hypermnestra
26,390 posts
Nomad

Apothecary! That was it!

--------------------Basic Information----------------------
Name: Hyperion Ward
Player: Hypermnestra
Sex: M
Height: 6'2
Weight: 170
Eye Color: Blue.
Hair Color: Black.
Skin Color: Tan.
Race: Human
Class: Paladin
Level: 1
Level Equivalency: 2
Alignment: LG
Deity: The Triad
------Attributes----------
Str: 18
Dex: 15
Con: 16
Int: 12
Wis: 15
Cha: 17
Fort Save: +2(class)
Ref Save:
Will Save:
------------------Equipment-------------------------------
Armor: Chain Shirt[A/S Bonus: +4. Max Dex Bonus: +4. AC Penalty: -2. Arcane Spell Failure Chance: 20%. Weight: 25 lbs.]
Shield: Heavy Steel Shield[Armor/Shield Bonus: +2. AC Penalty: -2. Arcane Spell Failure Chance: 15%. Weight: 15 lbs.]
Weapon: Long Sword[Size: Medium. Damage: 1d8. Critical 19-20x2. Weight: 4 lbs. Type: Slashing.]
Miscellaneous: Bullseye Lantern[3 lbs], 1 Day Trail Rations[1 lb], 1 Bedroll[5 lbs].
-------Feats/Spells/Abilities/Etc.------------
Feats: Aura of Good.
Spells: Detect Evil[AW], Smite Evil[1/D].

So have I. I also changed my gender and finally made a description.
I dunno why, it was a little weird to be the only female in the group, plus "Hyperion" is awesome and it doesn't work for a girl =(.

shadowjak135
shadowjak135
413 posts
Nomad

Take off my armor and run into the building, Try to stifle some burning and get some people out, especially the parents (of whom I am friends with)

ThorRatFox
ThorRatFox
3,798 posts
Nomad

lets sneak up and kill them all before they see us

shadowjak135
shadowjak135
413 posts
Nomad

Scratch that, I am going to try to sneak around the back, where there are no Kobolds to see me and jump in a window. And, no, Hyperion doesn't work for a chika.

DesertHyena
DesertHyena
2,886 posts
Peasant

uh shadowjak135, there are a bunch of kobolds "surrounding" the building, how are you going to get through them? ThorRatFox you probably won't be able to get them all before they notice you, but this is what planning is for, so I ask you again:

What are going to do?

Hypermnestra
Hypermnestra
26,390 posts
Nomad

The paladin, not wanting to attack any enemy dishonorably from behind and finding that the people trapped inside are the priority, runs up and shoves a kobold out of the way to run into the house in an attempt to save the people inside.
The enemies will have to be left for the others.
Not the smartest move I ever made, turning my back on the enemy like that, but I think that it is what my character would do, so that's what I'll do. Besides, I am running fairly quickly.
I got ninja'd.

SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

Name: Luthien Quickbeam
Player: Elf
Sex:M
Looks:Medium-long Blonde hair, 6'5", 90 lbs.
Race:Elf
Class: Ranger
Level Equivalency:1
Attributes:
Strength(Str):15(+2)
Dexterity(Dex):16(+3)
Constitution(Con):10(0)
Intelligence(Int):10(0)
Wisdom(Wis):14(+2)
Charisma(Cha):8(-1)
Saves:Fortitude+2
Reflex+5
Will+2
Hit points:10
Attack:+3(+4 ranged)
Damage:Longsword(1-8+2),Longbow(1-8)
Armor Class(AC):16(18 when using Sword and Shield)
Feats:Favored Enemy(Kobold)+1 to anything involving favored enemy,Point Blank Shot(+1 attack and damage when within 30 ft. of target),Track(use survival to follow tracks)
Skills:Heal,Handle Animal,Ride,Survival,Wild Empathy,
Equipment:Longbow,Longsword,Hvy. Steel Shield,Studded Leather,a potion of Cure Light Wounds(1-8+1) and Adventurer's Kit

*shuffle shuffle*
It just dawned on me by elven standards 100 would still be a child/teen :O

Well.....

I will sense for any animals willing to aid us, and take cover behind a tree/bush/rock, taking careful aim for the Closest Toad's head.

Showing 136-150 of 46375