ForumsForum GamesDungeons 'n Dragons 3.5 Forgotten Realms Setting

46375 3053766
DesertHyena
DesertHyena
2,886 posts
Peasant

Dungeons & Dragons, the oldest RPG in the world, and also one of the easiest to play/run.This is 3.5 D&D, not 4th edition,The First Adventure I shall be running is called "Crown of the Kobold King" This game is pretty much a "Generic Fantasy RPG" set in the Forbidden Realms (Drizzt the Drow ring any bells?). you start at [b]1st level.

Name:
Player:
AgeAll non-humans live longer, except Half-Orcs)
Sex:
Lookshowever technical you want to get)
Race:Human(extra feat/skill),Dwarf(+2 Con,-2 Cha), Elf(+2 Dex,-2 Con), Gnome(+2 Con,-2 Str),Half-Elf,Half-Orc(+2 Str,-2 Int,-2 Cha), Halfling(+2 Dex,-2 Str)

ClassFighter,Rouge,Wizard,Cleric, or pick one from book, see below)
Level:1
Level Equivalency:2(for level adjustment +1 characters)
Attributes:Strength(Str), Dexterity(Dex),Constitution(Con),Intelligence(Int),Wisdom(Wis),Charisma(Cha)

Attribute Bonusessee below)
all start at 8,25 points(just do 15-18=1 for experienced players, it's pretty balanced)

Saves:Fortitude(Con),Reflex(Dex),Will(Wis) (see below)
Hit points:10(Fighter)8(Cleric)6(Rogue)4(Wizard)+Con Bonus
AttackBase Attack Bonus+Str Bonus(Dex bonus for ranged, see below)
Damagebased on weapon + Str bonus 2-handed x 1.5 Str Bonus, see below)
Armor Class(AC):10+Dex Bonus+Armor+Misc(see below)
Featssee below)
Skillssee below)
Equipment:300 gp and Adventurer's Kit(with everything you need like bedrolls and rations and so on) (see below)

I have a PDF of the Player's Handbook, which I will e-mail to you if you don't have a copy, you don't need to memorize it or anything, but it would help to have it handy for this game.If you want to play another race,then No level adjustments above +1.If you give me a good reason to play a race that's not +1 level adjustment I might let you. If you want a different class, just ask(I know all classes for 3.5).

Rules not Used:
-There is no Armor Class Penalty.
-There is no Encumberence, but please be realistic(no portable rams).
-There will not be any Racial Bonuses to anything other than starting attributes.
-To Simplify the Arcane Check Penalty, Wizards cannot wear armor period.
-all Spells are allowed, but I will only list Evocation spells for Wizards and Healing Spells for Clerics in this forum as they are the most martial spells.

"FOR QUICK-PLAY CHARACTERS!"
Feats-
Your feat(s) will be:
(Fighter)Power Attack(-1 Atk,+1 Dam),Cleave(immediatly take another attack if you kill your target, you will need high Str)
(Rouge)Stealthy(+2 Hide/Move Silently)
(Cleric)Improved Turning(+4 to Turn Result)
(Wizard)Spell Focus: Evocation
(Human)Toughness (+3 HP, this is if your race is human and is in addition to your class feat)

Skills-
Your skills will be equal to 4+mods(I'll handle it), you get 1 bonus skill for every point of Int bonus, your starting skills are:
(Fighter) Intimidate, Heal
(Rogue) Hide, Move Silently, Open Lock, Disable Device,Sense Motive, Bluff, Appraise, Pick Pocket,
(Cleric)Diplomacy,Spellcraft,Knowledge(Religion),Heal
(Wizard)Spellcraft,Knowledge(Arcana)

Equipment-
your starting equipment equipment is:
(Fighter)Greatsword(2-12) or Longsword and Large Steel Shield(+2 AC), Breastplate(+5 AC,Max Dex Bonus +3),and a potion of Cure Light Wounds(1-8+1 hitpoints)
(Rougue)Thieves Tools,Short Sword(1-6),Dagger(1-4),Longbow(1-8, no Str bonus) Studded Leather(+3 AC,Max Dex Bonus +5),
(Cleric)Chainmail(+5 AC +2 Max Dex Bonus), Hvy. Mace(1-8), and 4 potions of Cure Light Wounds(1-8+1)
(Wizard)Spellbook, 4 scrolls of magic missile(1-4+1),4 potion of Cure Light Wounds and Quarterstaff(1-6)
(Halfling/Gnome)Cannot use Large Weapons (Greatsword) and cannot wear or use Large equipment (cannot wear medium creature's armor)

Attribute bonus is equal to +1 for every 2 points above 10.
After you pick your class, race, skills, feats, and equipment I will finish the sheet(saves,attack,AC)
If you have NO idea what i'm talking about, just google D&D or feel free to ask some questions.

• 46,375 Replies
ThorRatFox
ThorRatFox
3,798 posts
Nomad

We should plan so we don't die

DesertHyena
DesertHyena
2,886 posts
Peasant

So are you leaving or making a plan? If you are making a plan, go ahead and start planning. I you want to just go, I will need you to tell me where you are going. I "strongly" recommend that whatever you do, you should do it together.

Go ahead and discuss what you're going to do.

DesertHyena
DesertHyena
2,886 posts
Peasant

sorry.

"If" you want to just go, I will need you to tell me where you are going.
DBLACKSTAR
DBLACKSTAR
23,530 posts
Nomad

well what plan can we make beside go there and look around and be prpared for combat

ThorRatFox
ThorRatFox
3,798 posts
Nomad

i am thinking getting some cure light potions is a requirement

Hypermnestra
Hypermnestra
26,390 posts
Nomad

I think there are a few things we should do.
Establish a rendezvous point in case one of us gets lost.
Designate a formation(like, who will be in the front, middle, back, etc.).
And perhaps just to be certain, maybe we should do some research on what sort of creatures live there, and prepare ourselves for them.

SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

"I can provide tracking, but i would still recommend any possible maps just in case."

DesertHyena
DesertHyena
2,886 posts
Peasant

I would like to remind you of the following: The parents of the missing children are at"Elara's Halfway House" and they do not know if anyone is looking for their kids. They could also help describe what the kids look like.

(sound of dice rolling) The Ranger is aware that the Darkmoon Vale is EXTREMELY dangerous and full of extensive tunnel systems. although he has not explored them all personally, he does have a basic idea of what is where. He "might" be able to navigate them, but finding the kids would be easier if he had a basic idea of where to look.

The Paladin is still obligated by duty to cleanse the area of the Kobolds, so she needs to do that, eventually. I point this out because some of the townsfolk believe the kids "may" have been kidnapped by the Kobolds.

The Barbarian says he has been looking for the kids, and he has probably told you where he has looked and knows that the only place he hasn't checked thouroghly is the Halfway House and the Darkmoon Vale.

The Rogue and Illusionist really don't have anything to tie them into this plot, but they do have skills that can be quite useful to the party. The Rogue might be able to search the Vale undetected and find where the kids are located, and a Wizard is ALWAYS useful for any situation.

DesertHyena
DesertHyena
2,886 posts
Peasant

I will repost all the character sheets, so we can see what skills and abilities everyone has to help establish a good base to work off of.

--------------------Basic Information----------------------
Name: Hyper M. Nest
Player: Hypermnestra
Sex: F
Looks: Nrn.
Race: Human
Class: Paladin
Level: 1
Level Equivalency: 2
Alignment: LG
Deity: The Triad
------Attributes----------
Str: 18
Dex: 15
Con: 16
Int: 12
Wis: 15
Cha: 17
Fort Save: +2(class)
Ref Save:
Will Save:
------------------Equipment-------------------------------
Armor: Chain Shirt[A/S Bonus: +4. Max Dex Bonus: +4. AC Penalty: -2. Arcane Spell Failure Chance: 20%. Weight: 25 lbs.]
Shield: Heavy Steel Shield[Armor/Shield Bonus: +2. AC Penalty: -2. Arcane Spell Failure Chance: 15%. Weight: 15 lbs.]
Weapon: Long Sword[Size: Medium. Damage: 1d8. Critical 19-20x2. Weight: 4 lbs. Type: Slashing.]
Miscellaneous: Bullseye Lantern[3 lbs], 1 Day Trail Rations[1 lb], 1 Bedroll[5 lbs].
-------Feats/Spells/Abilities/Etc.------------
Feats: Aura of Good.
Spells: Detect Evil[AW], Smite Evil[1/D].

Name: Braenoic Quickbeam
Player: Elf
Sex:M
Looks:Medium-long Blonde hair, 6'3", 100 lbs.
Race:Elf
Class: Ranger
Level Equivalency:1
Attributes:
Strength(Str):15(+2)
Dexterity(Dex):16(+3)
Constitution(Con):10(0)
Intelligence(Int):10(0)
Wisdom(Wis):14(+2)
Charisma(Cha):8(-1)
Saves:Fortitude+2
Reflex+5
Will+2
Hit points:10
Attack:+3(+4 ranged)
Damage:Longsword(1-8+2),Longbow(1-8)
Armor Class(AC):16(18 when using Sword and Shield)
Feats:Favored Enemy(Kobold)+1 to anything involving favored enemy,Point Blank Shot(+1 attack and damage when within 30 ft. of target),Track(use survival to follow tracks)
Skills:Heal,Handle Animal,Ride,Survival,Wild Empathy,
Equipment:Longbow,Longsword,Hvy. Steel Shield,Studded Leather,a potion of Cure Light Wounds(1-8+1) and Adventurer's Kit

Name: Jeff the Illusionist
Player:
Age27)
Sex:m
Looks:6�5�,bald
Class Wizard
Level Equivalency:1
Attributes: Strength(Str)10, Dexterity(Dex)12,Constitution(Con)10,Intelligence(Int)18,Wisdom(Wis)10,Charisma(Cha)12
Saves:Fortitude(Con),Reflex(Dex),Will(Wis) (see below)
Hit points4
Attack:0,1
Damagebased on weapon + Str bonus 2-handed x 1.5 Str Bonus, see below) Staff
Armor Class(AC):10+Dex Bonus+Armor+Misc(see below)(12)
Feats: Scribe scroll, spell focus illusion, Eschew Materials
Skills: decipher script, spellcraft, knowledge arcane, Bluff
Equipment:300 gp and Adventurer's stuff
1st level
Color Spray, sleep, silent image.
color spray is spell of today

Name:Lotton "The Wizard"
PlayerBLACKSTAR
Sex:M
Looks:shoulder length white hair white eyes 5'8"
Race:Elf
Class:Rogue
Attributes:Strength12(Str), Dexterity19(Dex),Constitution10(Con),Intelligence16(Int),Wisdom8(Wis),Charisma10(Cha)
Attack:+1(+4 ranged)
Armor Class:17
Saves: Fort +0, Ref +6, Will -1
Skills: Hide, Move Silently, Open Lock, Disable Device,Sense Motive, Bluff, Appraise, Pick Pocket,Use Magic Device,Craft Sharp Pointy Things(If It's Sharp and Pointy I Know How To Make It),Knowledge Arcana
Feat:Skill Focus Craft
Armor:Studed Leather
Equipment:Elven Thin Blade(1-8+1 18-20 crit.), Adventurer's Kit, Thieves Tools

Hypermnestra
Hypermnestra
26,390 posts
Nomad

--------------------Basic Information----------------------
Name: Hyper M. Nest
Player: Hypermnestra
Sex: F
Looks: Nrn.
Class: Paladin
Level: 1
Level Equivalency: 2
Alignment: LG
Deity: The Triad
------Attributes----------
Str: 18
Dex: 15
Con: 16
Int: 12
Wis: 15
Cha: 17
Fort Save: +2(class)
Ref Save:
Will Save:
------------------Equipment-------------------------------
Armor: Chain Shirt[A/S Bonus: +4. Max Dex Bonus: +4. AC Penalty: -2. Arcane Spell Failure Chance: 20%. Weight: 25 lbs.]
Shield: Heavy Steel Shield[Armor/Shield Bonus: +2. AC Penalty: -2. Arcane Spell Failure Chance: 15%. Weight: 15 lbs.]
Weapon: Long Sword[Size: Medium. Damage: 1d8. Critical 19-20x2. Weight: 4 lbs. Type: Slashing.]
Miscellaneous: Bullseye Lantern[3 lbs], 1 Day Trail Rations[1 lb], 1 Bedroll[5 lbs].
-------Feats/Spells/Abilities/Etc.------------
Feats: Aura of Good.
Spells: Detect Evil[AW], Smite Evil[1/D].

I'm thinking that I'd probably be best to go up front, since I have the heaviest armor plus the lantern.
Maybe we should speak to the parents first, though?

DBLACKSTAR
DBLACKSTAR
23,530 posts
Nomad

i agrre we should go to the parents the head to the darkmoon vale with me and the barbarian in front the wizard and the rogue in the middle with the paladin in the back

ThorRatFox
ThorRatFox
3,798 posts
Nomad

i have 2 formation plans 1 in front rouge, Barbarian middle ranger and wizard, Rear paladin
2 paladin and barbarian, middle rouge and wizard behind ranger

DBLACKSTAR
DBLACKSTAR
23,530 posts
Nomad

i meant ranger with the wizard

DBLACKSTAR
DBLACKSTAR
23,530 posts
Nomad

i'm the one with all the sharp and pointy things

Hypermnestra
Hypermnestra
26,390 posts
Nomad

Okay, I have to do this.
It's rogue, not rouge. Rogue is a thief/sneaky/whatever, rouge is a kind of makeup, it's like blush.
I think the barbarian should be in the back, since he's the best fighter. We need to protect our rear. Walking side by side with the barbarian is the ranger; he's a good, versatile fighter as well.
Up one from the barbarian is the rogue; I think the rogue would do well close to the back because that way he won't be spotted as easily by the enemy.
Of course, in the middle goes the wizard. The reason being, the wizard can't really fight it out melee style, so we have to keep him out of the line of fire.
Up front would be the paladin, purely because of the equipment. The paladin has the heavy armor(meaning that she'd take the hits best) and also because she's the one with the lantern, which is pretty critical in a tunnel scenario.

Showing 106-120 of 46375