ForumsForum GamesDungeons 'n Dragons 3.5 Forgotten Realms Setting

46375 3746052
DesertHyena
DesertHyena
2,886 posts
Peasant

Dungeons & Dragons, the oldest RPG in the world, and also one of the easiest to play/run.This is 3.5 D&D, not 4th edition,The First Adventure I shall be running is called "Crown of the Kobold King" This game is pretty much a "Generic Fantasy RPG" set in the Forbidden Realms (Drizzt the Drow ring any bells?). you start at [b]1st level.

Name:
Player:
AgeAll non-humans live longer, except Half-Orcs)
Sex:
Lookshowever technical you want to get)
Race:Human(extra feat/skill),Dwarf(+2 Con,-2 Cha), Elf(+2 Dex,-2 Con), Gnome(+2 Con,-2 Str),Half-Elf,Half-Orc(+2 Str,-2 Int,-2 Cha), Halfling(+2 Dex,-2 Str)

ClassFighter,Rouge,Wizard,Cleric, or pick one from book, see below)
Level:1
Level Equivalency:2(for level adjustment +1 characters)
Attributes:Strength(Str), Dexterity(Dex),Constitution(Con),Intelligence(Int),Wisdom(Wis),Charisma(Cha)

Attribute Bonusessee below)
all start at 8,25 points(just do 15-18=1 for experienced players, it's pretty balanced)

Saves:Fortitude(Con),Reflex(Dex),Will(Wis) (see below)
Hit points:10(Fighter)8(Cleric)6(Rogue)4(Wizard)+Con Bonus
AttackBase Attack Bonus+Str Bonus(Dex bonus for ranged, see below)
Damagebased on weapon + Str bonus 2-handed x 1.5 Str Bonus, see below)
Armor Class(AC):10+Dex Bonus+Armor+Misc(see below)
Featssee below)
Skillssee below)
Equipment:300 gp and Adventurer's Kit(with everything you need like bedrolls and rations and so on) (see below)

I have a PDF of the Player's Handbook, which I will e-mail to you if you don't have a copy, you don't need to memorize it or anything, but it would help to have it handy for this game.If you want to play another race,then No level adjustments above +1.If you give me a good reason to play a race that's not +1 level adjustment I might let you. If you want a different class, just ask(I know all classes for 3.5).

Rules not Used:
-There is no Armor Class Penalty.
-There is no Encumberence, but please be realistic(no portable rams).
-There will not be any Racial Bonuses to anything other than starting attributes.
-To Simplify the Arcane Check Penalty, Wizards cannot wear armor period.
-all Spells are allowed, but I will only list Evocation spells for Wizards and Healing Spells for Clerics in this forum as they are the most martial spells.

"FOR QUICK-PLAY CHARACTERS!"
Feats-
Your feat(s) will be:
(Fighter)Power Attack(-1 Atk,+1 Dam),Cleave(immediatly take another attack if you kill your target, you will need high Str)
(Rouge)Stealthy(+2 Hide/Move Silently)
(Cleric)Improved Turning(+4 to Turn Result)
(Wizard)Spell Focus: Evocation
(Human)Toughness (+3 HP, this is if your race is human and is in addition to your class feat)

Skills-
Your skills will be equal to 4+mods(I'll handle it), you get 1 bonus skill for every point of Int bonus, your starting skills are:
(Fighter) Intimidate, Heal
(Rogue) Hide, Move Silently, Open Lock, Disable Device,Sense Motive, Bluff, Appraise, Pick Pocket,
(Cleric)Diplomacy,Spellcraft,Knowledge(Religion),Heal
(Wizard)Spellcraft,Knowledge(Arcana)

Equipment-
your starting equipment equipment is:
(Fighter)Greatsword(2-12) or Longsword and Large Steel Shield(+2 AC), Breastplate(+5 AC,Max Dex Bonus +3),and a potion of Cure Light Wounds(1-8+1 hitpoints)
(Rougue)Thieves Tools,Short Sword(1-6),Dagger(1-4),Longbow(1-8, no Str bonus) Studded Leather(+3 AC,Max Dex Bonus +5),
(Cleric)Chainmail(+5 AC +2 Max Dex Bonus), Hvy. Mace(1-8), and 4 potions of Cure Light Wounds(1-8+1)
(Wizard)Spellbook, 4 scrolls of magic missile(1-4+1),4 potion of Cure Light Wounds and Quarterstaff(1-6)
(Halfling/Gnome)Cannot use Large Weapons (Greatsword) and cannot wear or use Large equipment (cannot wear medium creature's armor)

Attribute bonus is equal to +1 for every 2 points above 10.
After you pick your class, race, skills, feats, and equipment I will finish the sheet(saves,attack,AC)
If you have NO idea what i'm talking about, just google D&D or feel free to ask some questions.

• 46,375 Replies
DBLACKSTAR
DBLACKSTAR
23,530 posts
Nomad

**** well then lets get through what we can

shadowjak135
shadowjak135
413 posts
Nomad

well then... ok... Let's jist go. If I am thrown off, I will start trying to slash it's head off.

DBLACKSTAR
DBLACKSTAR
23,530 posts
Nomad

ha i have a +7 grapple check

ThorRatFox
ThorRatFox
3,798 posts
Nomad

lets do this thing

DesertHyena
DesertHyena
2,886 posts
Peasant

ok
(Turn 2, sound of dice rolling) Everyone but Arturo and Luthien jumps for the longboat, but Hyperion, Harshblade, and Mordoc all missed and hit the water instead, leaving only Hidan to fight the Crocodile. Arturo and Luthien shoot for the mouth, but miss horribly. the Crocodile turns its attention to Hidan and Tail swipes him, in an attempt to knock him over. He FUMBLES, and falls over himself, which gives Hidan an OPPORTUNITY ATTACK. Hidan Strikes twice and SMASHES the Crocodile, literally splitting his skull in half, (33 damage)OUCHIES!
VICTORY! To show their gratitude, the crew is willing to join you as permenant crew for your Keelboat (which requires 8 crew) They explain that they were coming from Waterdeep with a cargo full of exotic items, but when the "Crocodile" attacked, their Merchant Master turned tail in their ONLY rowboat ,with the items on it, and left them to die. They are happy to help in any other way possible, and only charge 15 sp per man per week of service rendered (which is a pretty good price for sailors in Forgotten Realms)
What do you want to do now?

I'm gonna have to call it a night, I have some work I need to do before tommorow.
Good Night Everyone!

DBLACKSTAR
DBLACKSTAR
23,530 posts
Nomad

love peace chicken grease and take some of it's flesh crocodile makes great boots it's like the third best boot material and maybe some for a belt

Hypermnestra
Hypermnestra
26,390 posts
Nomad

"Do you know where your Merchant Master might be?" Hyperion asks, dragging himself out of the water and back onto the nearest boat with as much dignity as he can muster after having fallen into a river.

SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

Luthien barely supresses a chuckle. Then, he takes the largest teeth off the crocodile and makes them into a second necklace.

shadowjak135
shadowjak135
413 posts
Nomad

I pull myself out of the water... and rip off the croc's head. "This will make a good trophy when I get home" I'll fight you for the teeth still in it's head noobs, how about I pay ya 50gp? and I'll cover the sailor's costs... as long as I get about 100gp more every large treasure pull.

shadowjak135
shadowjak135
413 posts
Nomad

Oh, desert, part of my background is that I have a house back in the Wild-elf lands of (??? you name it?) and I have a wife... but she hates me going out on these adventures. However, it pays for her everything, and as long as I bring back proof of vanquishment of my enemies, my tribal elders allow me to keep going out and give my wife and siblings money if they need it. I will start a necklace thing like what noobs has. but I want the whole head.

DesertHyena
DesertHyena
2,886 posts
Peasant

the skull is split in half, you know. I don't think getting the head will be a problem, but SirNoobalot did call the teeth. What did you guys want to do with the meat and skin? DBLACKSTAR mentioned he want to make a pair of boots and a belt. (Looks at book) btw, the best land in Forgotten Realms for you to be from is Chult (if you want more info, I can post it or e-mail it, if you don't want everyone else to know, otherwise, I will post it in a little while)

DesertHyena
DesertHyena
2,886 posts
Peasant

While we are on the subject, does anyone else want to do where your character originally hails from? Hyper? SirNoobalot?

beholderslayer, this is your last chance! if you do not post anything by the end of the day, your character will permenatly become my NPC, so you've been warned

DBLACKSTAR
DBLACKSTAR
23,530 posts
Nomad

dude i forget did i mention anything about where my guy is from and i suggest we sell the meat and i still call the hide oh and if it has any a claw

DesertHyena
DesertHyena
2,886 posts
Peasant

This thing doesn't really have claws, but it has a tail and teeth(SirNoobalot called the teeth, though). Did you want me to pick a region for you, or did you want to pick a region based off a list of possible regions?(based on where I think you could be from) I'm open, either way.

DBLACKSTAR
DBLACKSTAR
23,530 posts
Nomad

give me a list

Showing 1486-1500 of 46375