ForumsArt, Music, and WritingAwesome Art Contest: The Stone Age (p34)

362 103776
manny6574
manny6574
922 posts
Nomad

Hi,

Some of you may remember the Art Skills Competition(ASC) that died some time ago, and there has been no succesful drawing art competition since it died. It died because there was no judge and other reasons, but I joined in the last 2 rounds of that competition and I have to say that I miss it.

So, I decided to have go at making another arty competition of that kind. And every succesful contest must have a set of rules.

1. You must not use artwork that belongs to any other person other than yourself

2. The artwork must be visual, not literary or audible. It can be a photo manipulation or drawing or other.

3. The deadline is 2 weeks from the setting of a new theme

4. You can submit more than one artwork, but must say which is your final

5. You must follow the theme

6. Anyone who fails to follow the first rule will be first warned, if repeated, then suspended for a round and then 2, and then banned until further notice.

7. The will be up to 5 awards each round which may vary, except for the 1st place award and Scenery award(background).

For anyone that would like to enter here's the Programs you could use alongside many others:

GIMP - free
Paint
Photoshop(costs)
Corel Painter(costs)

This round's Theme is

Ninjas

The 2 varying awards for this round are:

Weapon award
Stealth award

I will be the judge, so I won't enter

Hope this works

• 362 Replies
phsycomonkey
phsycomonkey
789 posts
Nomad

sorry for the double, expected to not get the pic to work so i didn't type anything lol, I did this all today... ummm I got it to show up on the thread DD Please give me tips or comments... yea... I hope it's not to late. He's prbrably judging right now V.V Whatever, there it is...

driejen
driejen
486 posts
Nomad

I like how colorful and eye catching your piece is, certainly a one up from mine which tends to be dull and boring. Although I would do something about them two lines, they're really obvious and looks like they've just been plonked on top.

phsycomonkey
phsycomonkey
789 posts
Nomad

I just noticed xD thanks lol here's the fixed, go ahead and delete the old one
http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt89/017hoff/night-1.jpg

manny6574
manny6574
922 posts
Nomad

sorry, but I don't have the time to do the judging now, you can agree between yourselves you will judge or wait until the 1st, maybe earlier but not sure.

jaza_m
jaza_m
1,356 posts
Nomad

I'm not going to lie, This judging isn't going to be based on whats drawn correctly, or how the shading looks, but on what I think Looked the best.

So Lets get strait to business. Because there weren't that many entries, you all get awards of sought.

1.phsycomonkey
2.Gaboloth
3.Cenere
4.Pazx

First place winner
http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt89/017hoff/night-1.jpg

I just loved how Captivating the scene was, and when I thought Of looking at a scene like it in real life made it all the more better, and the winner. Well done.

Night Time award
http://i617.photobucket.com/albums/tt257/jaza_m/cenere_night1.jpg

You got this award because to me it seems like you drew a cool picture, then just made it night time to make it fit with the theme. Lulz. The 'fire ball' thingies Looked cool, but his neck looks a little weird. I think its because it makes him look fat.

Colorless award
http://i617.photobucket.com/albums/tt257/jaza_m/nightye.png

Gaboloth, you get this award because...Its Colorless. All Black And white. Sweet. The clouds were also Awesome.

Not Obvious award
http://i617.photobucket.com/albums/tt257/jaza_m/yousuck.png

Don't worry man, I could barely notice it. I doubt anyone else could Either.

Good Job Guys!

Im sorry if you don't like the judging, it is a one time thing because I felt I needed to step in for manny. Idc About my picture either, because I don't need someone else telling me Im first .

If I'm allowed to, I'll pick a new theme

New Theeeeeeeme iiiiis........
Battles.

It could be a battle of the wits in a game of chess, Or some crazy guy jumping at from stalks of bamboo, about to slice his opponent in 2. Do with it what you will.

Sorry one more time if you dont like my judging. I just thought we should get a new theme is all

driejen
driejen
486 posts
Nomad

I guess mine wasn't worth rating, or even mentioning... :/

jaza_m
jaza_m
1,356 posts
Nomad

ROFL. My bad My bad. I missed yours, Sorry. It was My first time.

Yours was meant to place 4th. Placing Pazx's down. I liked the scene and Idea of the picture, but the ground looked weird to me. Like it wasnt meant to be there. Still, A good job, and Please forgive me.

Lol... T.T

phsycomonkey
phsycomonkey
789 posts
Nomad

Wow, I am surprised at what i got considering how late i did it xD thanks for not judging Manny :P Battles is cool cause there can be such a large variety, I try and make things original, and I look at Cenere's dragon as, well... not a dragon, lol I see it as it could be a new made up original crature, for all we know it has the body of a frog and horse legs with a lion's tail lol still good luck with your pictures everyone and I look foreward to enjoying your pics (Personally I don't care about the awards so much as the critique and seeing others, the awards is just a big critique :P)

jaza_m
jaza_m
1,356 posts
Nomad

Oh, And also, I'm not judging again.

gaboloth
gaboloth
1,613 posts
Peasant

NOOOO a battle is too difficult to draw with a mouse!!! Well, maybe I'll decide to use my neat scanner. Or maybe I just won't enter lolz.

jaza_m
jaza_m
1,356 posts
Nomad

I'm pretty sure thats animal cruelty

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Well, since Manny said "go ahead for this round", and Jaza did the judging, we'll turn the judging back over to Manny but stick with the topic that Jaza picked. Back to regular programming!

I wish I could join in but I can't D:

phsycomonkey
phsycomonkey
789 posts
Nomad

I will draw it with a mouse DD

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

The afermath of a battle :0

And it was totally between Naruto and Haku :]

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/4555/anbumaskbattleaftermath.png

Yeah... I got lazy with the ground. And the blood. And the shading. And the lines. And the mask.

manny6574
manny6574
922 posts
Nomad

Thanks for judging jaza! Ihoped someone would do it! And nice theme

I am judging this round unless some one else wants to.

Showing 271-285 of 362