ForumsNews and FeedbackArmor Games 3 The Future of Gaming.

26 7838
Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

I think Armor Games 3 (AG3) can be the future of Gaming (or part of it at least). I know a few other sites already have more extensive social capabilities but AG3 will have more social capabilities too (activity stream, statuses, etc.).

Video Games have been in the socially realm for sometime now (with Dreamcast, Playstation 2, Xbox, being the first big name consoles to include online gaming and with World of Warcraft and the increase of Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Games (MMORPG)

Think of Facebook. Remember how many people started playing and talking about Farmville? Millions right? People probably enjoyed it because they were playing with their friends. But Facebook is a socializing platform first and a gaming platform second.
Now think what Armor Games 3 can be (what it looks like it's headed toward as well). It's a gaming site first and a social site second. It's focus is gaming but it's now incorporating more social elements. That's what gives the gaming experience more depth. It will be like playing games on Facebook only with more depth and focus on and in the games and more gaming elements. It's what people want, and what the gaming industry has been doing. Social gaming.
Imagine posting status like "Playing this game come join me", or "Play me in this game." and then your friends join you. You can boast a high score and see what your friends are up to. (Sure you won't be using your real name, but they are your online friends.)

I think that free, online , social, gaming, is the future of gaming and AG3 will deliver!

• 26 Replies
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Great post, Reton8!

[quote=Reton8]Imagine posting status like "Playing this game come join me", or "Play me in this game."[/quote]

The activity streams that Larry is building will do things like that for us on AG3. For example:

Reton8 just submitted a new high score in Nuclearoids. Think you can beat him? Click here to try!

Or when a user creates some shared game content (like a castle in Crush The Castle), which we call "gameshares", we might post something like:

Reton8 just created a new gameshare for Crush the Castle. Click here to try it, and don't forget to rate it when you're done.

The exact wording/phrases/links etc are all subject to change, but you get the idea.

These 'activities' will appear in the streams for all of Reton8's "followers" and "friends", unless they decided to 'mute' his activities for whatever reason, or if Reton8 himself decides that only friends should see his highscores, etc. or whether to keep all that stuff private.

Any users that can see these activities in their stream will be able to post comments and feedback on them, and then other users will viewing access to the activities can then like/dislike the comments (or flag for abuse) which will affect the commenter's reputation.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

btw, as far as I know, Reton8 was NOT the author of the USS Crusaders castle-boat, I just linked to it as an example.

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

wow.

that is a very, very, VERY good post. It makes me want AG3 to come out sooner

kirkwoodlax27
kirkwoodlax27
7 posts
Nomad

i think that he has a very good point the reason people like 2 play games is 2 enjoy it and 2 play wit their friends. ag3 is the greatest

Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,894 posts
Nomad

That makes me wish Dec 6 was today!! (Dec 6 is when I become a beta tester!!!)

No_Stress
No_Stress
366 posts
Nomad

That makes me wish Dec 6 was today!! (Dec 6 is when I become a beta tester!!!)

Dec 13.
The date has being changed from Dec 6 to Dec 13.

AG3 Calendar: December 13, 2010 -- updated date
Legion1350
Legion1350
5,366 posts
Nomad

Wow, thanks for the info Ian! I now have yet another reason to not be able to wait for AGv3. But I didn't know the open beta date was changed...

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

The open beta started a few weeks ago. We just changed our next release date from this coming Monday, the 6th, to a week later, on the 13th. We needed more time to get some stuff done because last week was a short work week with Thanksgiving, etc.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

The linking to other 'social websites' is something that will definitely place ArmorGames on the world wide web and it might be not just one step, but a GIANT LEAP you guys are preparing here... I'm really looking forward to find out what will happen when AG3 is launched! YAY! =D

because last week was a short work week with Thanksgiving, etc.

That... and you had to search for James' Credit Card I heard... LOL XP
caffeine101
caffeine101
87 posts
Nomad

yeah.... I have a hello kitty ATM card. so what. nothing funny about it. if you are trying to get me riled up. its not going to work. I like it and so do chicks. has nothing on my masculinity.

Matrix159
Matrix159
337 posts
Nomad

I think your credit card is awesome James. XD

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

I like it and so do chicks

I find it that chicks dig whomever digs what they dig too
thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

thats a lot of digs

http://www.picturesof.net/_images_300/Man_Digging_with_a_Shovel_Royalty_Free_Clipart_Picture_090213-144144-963042.jpg

Matrix159
Matrix159
337 posts
Nomad

Well we dig to dig about how we dig and where we dig, but we mainly dig to find success.

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

Too bad I can't "digg" my thread, which I dig. So in the mean time I'm going to dig for an old "Dig Dug" cartridge that I hid and then when I find it I'm going to go online and digg "Dig Dug" on digg, ya dig? (That was a work of fiction).

But, speaking of Digg, I'm surprised you can't digg the games, which could be considered part of the social aspect. But, I don't know the complications of that.

Showing 1-15 of 26