ForumsNews and FeedbackIdea.

22 5425
Outstanding
Outstanding
75 posts
Peasant

Rating should either be taken it out, or you don't receive Armor Points for rating. Because I have been here a day and I have seen people on top of the leaderboard with just rating. If you decide to get rid of Armor points for rating you should take away points that were earned from rating. I don't really want rating removed. I just don't want it to be where you can just rate a game and be on top of the leaderboard.

• 22 Replies
Outstanding
Outstanding
75 posts
Peasant

Well, people don't have to lose their points that they already earned from rating. Just don't allow them to get any more points from it.

gaboloth
gaboloth
1,613 posts
Peasant

http://armorgames.com/community/thread/6774931/rate-spammers
They was discussing about this in this thread. Lots of people agree.
Ps can you make longer titles plz? You know we've got lots of "ideas" in this forum

gaboloth
gaboloth
1,613 posts
Peasant

Oops link not working
Try this one.

Outstanding
Outstanding
75 posts
Peasant

Gaboloth, I know this is probably the wrong place, but how do I put links into my biography? I'm still learning... >_<

gaboloth
gaboloth
1,613 posts
Peasant

But if you have a link to achievement unlocked 2!

gaboloth
gaboloth
1,613 posts
Peasant

Oh sorry I didn't see matrix's message.

Outstanding
Outstanding
75 posts
Peasant

Yea. He showed me. Sorry to bug you. I'm just trying to learn how to do everything.

5hadowles5
5hadowles5
93 posts
Nomad

Armor points are significant to show than you have contributed and giving a solid rating is part of contributing and you deserve credit on it.

Outstanding
Outstanding
75 posts
Peasant

I'm talking about rate spammers.

acepilot0
acepilot0
359 posts
Nomad

I highly doubt that you are going to be at the top of the list from just rating games, and the rating functionality will never be fully removed. I think that removing the rating function or removing the armor points attached to it will make for an increase in game review spam, and that is bad enough as is.

webkinzlover7654
webkinzlover7654
2,790 posts
Nomad

I don't think that it should be removed, It's not like Armor Points matter much, they won't get you anywhere else in life, but if it did, and people spent a living getting Armor Points, then you should remove it.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

I think that removing the rating function or removing the armor points attached to it will make for an increase in game review spam

That is why they have a filter that cleans out the spam.
Outstanding
Outstanding
75 posts
Peasant

I highly doubt that you are going to be at the top of the list from just rating games

Have you looked recently?
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

I highly doubt that you are going to be at the top of the list from just rating games

You can get pretty high up there but never the highest ranks since they don't have that many games to get that much AP. Still though you can get a good rank. If you look for this months leaders all of them just spam game ratings and the leader did that all this month and has gotten over 3000AP.
acepilot0
acepilot0
359 posts
Nomad

To be honest, is it really that big of a deal? It is just points on a website, and I have never looked at monthly ratings before today. While there is spam on the website, you cannot punish the rest of us simply because some do rating spam. Not all of us like to chat on the forums, or are articulate with words to write a thorough game review, so we do our part by rating games.

Showing 1-15 of 22