ForumsNews and FeedbackReady for Beta-Testing?

15 4295
MrWarlord
MrWarlord
11 posts
Nomad

The another beta is coming out next week. I will be trying it for the first time. Is there anything I should look out for? Is anyone else excited?

• 15 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Is there anything I should look out for?

If there's any site glitches or bugs You should put it on here.

Is anyone else excited?

I'm sure that everyone is excited for the new features. I know I am.
MrWarlord
MrWarlord
11 posts
Nomad

Me too. I just joined like 2 days ago and they are already making a new armor games. Oh well, I guess that's good.

kacboy
kacboy
1,846 posts
Nomad

Look for anything that you think is wrong, needs fixing, or just seems a bit weird. Then tell AG on Get Satisfaction! Or just tell them how awesome it is.

Yes I'm excited.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Hmm...MrWarlord, if you signed up, there was a newsletter pointing out a few things to look for mainly to tell the difference between a bug and a missing feature. It also tells you to report everything to GetSatisfation, where two guys already gave you the link for.

--My advice I can give to you is to dismiss EVERYTHING you know about the site. Assume everything is broken and just test. There are some areas in which you may *think* is fine, but in reality may not. So as a beta tester, you gotta test everywhere you can in every way possible.

--Help your Beta Buddies out! (that was cheesy) If they report a problem, try the exact thing they did to get the problem to replicate it. If you yourself have a problem, list the steps you took to get to that problem. Provide a screenshot to the end result. This helps the AG team figure out where the problem lies and it helps the Beta Buddies replicate the problem easier.

--More than anything, this is a volunteer job, not fun. Yes, you're testing a site filled with games and you may be tempted to sit back and play some flash games (me), but there's really no point in signing up to beta test if you don't really do it, right? But you sound like you're anxious enough to test, so I guess you don't have to worry about that

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

yes. make sure that you know which parts of the site aren't functional yet, and which parts are bugs. that is really important. you don't want to say, "the community link is broken!!!" when really, the forums haven't been developed yet.

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

I haven't been testing for two weeks. I had some school related business to deal with. Glad to be back in the hotseat.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Oh hell no, that don't fly with me bud, you better be testing tomorrow we are the BLT team >

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

BLT team

Can you explain to me what that is please?

No we have to wait a day for more features
Stupid sicknesses.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Can you explain to me what that is please?

Inside joke involving Cormyn and his lunch break with the team on the 8th of November XD

Stupid sicknesses.

I think you gotta include Thanksgiving too, since without Thanksgiving, Falchion would have been released today and we would be comme--OOP....er...
nesanelf
nesanelf
560 posts
Nomad

How can i test it out? i signed up for it weeks ago...????

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

i signed up for it weeks ago...

What date exactly?

How can i test it out?

You receive an email with the code then Go here and put in email and code.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Those that haven't been in Beta yet, but signed up after the 22nd of November, will get the beta code tomorrow.

nesanelf
nesanelf
560 posts
Nomad

thanx frank. awesome! cant wait.

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

Well I've been busy but I'm sure with my knowledge of websites and Html/Java and just plain old breaking things, I'll be able to help. I already have a fun idea of 1gb+ profile images.

Showing 1-14 of 15